Bimax brought me from birdcel to normie

newlurker69

newlurker69

Iron
Check out my bimax surgery results; I’m happy with them. There is still a lot of swelling (especially upper lip and cheeks), and I’ll post again when that’s mostly gone.

I had sleep/breathing issues due to narrow airway, so I had double jaw surgery (movements were something like 14mm mandible, 10mm maxilla, 7.5 degrees CCW rotation, and 6mm genioplasty). I was also interested in the aesthetic benefits, and people on here were helpful (although a lot of this website is a cesspool lol).

My surgeon advanced my jaws a couple millimeters further than what he considers to be the “aesthetically perfect” result given that I have airway issues, but to me the result doesn’t seem too protrusive. Thoughts?

And yeah, I know my skin sucks, I’m working on it. I’m experimenting with new skincare stuff. I’m also losing a little bit of fat and putting on muscle, etc.

Am I a mid-tier normie now? Obviously I would slightly benefit from more surgeries, but I’m going to stop here for a while, especially now that my breathing is better.

Attachments

• E813A232-39E2-441E-A708-140FFD5AF32E.png
    E813A232-39E2-441E-A708-140FFD5AF32E.png
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: highT, MEGA CHAD, Deleted member 18890 and 19 others
From your profile, I'd say you're normie now. How do you look from the front?

From your profile, I'd say you're normie now. How do you look from the front?
I have too much cheek swelling to know what the final result will be from the front.

congratulations for your results

• +1
Reactions: highT, nobodyspecial369, rand anon and 4 others
How much movement did you get at your ANS?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869 and subhuman incel
Check out my bimax surgery results; I’m happy with them. There is still a lot of swelling (especially upper lip and cheeks), and I’ll post again when that’s mostly gone.

I had sleep/breathing issues due to narrow airway, so I had double jaw surgery (movements were something like 14mm mandible, 10mm maxilla, 7.5 degrees CCW rotation, and 6mm genioplasty). I was also interested in the aesthetic benefits, and people on here were helpful (although a lot of this website is a cesspool lol).

My surgeon advanced my jaws a couple millimeters further than what he considers to be the “aesthetically perfect” result given that I have airway issues, but to me the result doesn’t seem too protrusive. Thoughts?

And yeah, I know my skin sucks, I’m working on it. I’m experimenting with new skincare stuff. I’m also losing a little bit of fat and putting on muscle, etc.

Am I a mid-tier normie now? Obviously I would slightly benefit from more surgeries, but I’m going to stop here for a while, especially now that my breathing is better.
Your movements are off, he cant advance your maxila 10mm and 8 degrees ccw and only 14 on mandible

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17829 and HerpDerpson

You are also too swollen to do any acessment. How is your post op? How long did you go untill eating normal foods? Did you lose feeling on your lips?

Who was the surgeon and how much did it cost?

Just out of curiosity, did any of your parents had the same problem that you had?

Did you have malocclusion, how severe was it?

were you that guy who went to steinbacher?

Your movements are off, he cant advance your maxila 10mm and 8 degrees ccw and only 14 on mandible
Interesting, we changed the plan a couple days before so I could be off. I’ll ask my surgeon in the follow up.

Yes Steinbacher. He’s great!
think someone posted your pics from reddit here recently when you were right post-op. definitely looks better now with swelling down. congratz. next step is rhino now if you ask me.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: rand anon, ChristianChad and Deleted member 7725
now i guess the next step is rhino and hair transplant, of course...
i advise u to try and change ur body and tongue posture, that might give u like 5mm more submental lenght and a more 90 degree submental while at rest... i must say that the worst part of ur face is probably the one under the chin, but it can definetely be improved further

• JFL
Reactions: galego123
Just out of curiosity, did any of your parents had the same problem that you had?

Did you have malocclusion, how severe was it?
My parents are both mildly recessed, but I have it a lot worse. I had an overbite as a kid but that was fixed with braces. I didn’t have braces before or after this surgery.

• Woah
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
My parents are both mildly recessed, but I have it a lot worse. I had an overbite as a kid but that was fixed with braces. I didn’t have braces before or after this surgery.
did he say anything about why you didn't need braces for your particular case?

Price? PM if possible
Mine was covered by insurance due to sleep apnea, but I heard it’s like $40k out of pocket

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: MEGA CHAD, Hipcel and Deleted member 16371
think someone posted your pics from reddit here recently when you were right post-op. definitely looks better now with swelling down. congratz. next step is rhino now if you ask me.
Hahaha I didn’t know that. Can you find it and link me to it?

Hahaha I didn’t know that. Can you find it and link me to it?
cba to dig that up now lol but people were kinda shitting on your result

i advise u to try and change ur body and tongue posture, that might give u like 5mm more submental lenght and a more 90 degree submental while at rest... i must say that the worst part of ur face is probably the one under the chin, but it can definetely be improved further
Before hair transplant, I’m going to try minox and fin, but yeah it’s probably inevitable.

Rhino is a maybe. My surgeon said it could improve my breathing even more. But in a weird way, I kind of like my nose. It’s distinctive, even if not exactly aesthetically ideal.

• +1
Reactions: highT and Danish_Retard
And I agree on posture. I think under the chin will improve as swelling goes down

Looks great.

• +1
Reactions: highT
cba to dig that up now lol but people were kinda shitting on your result
Lol glad I didn’t see it then. Did they say I was too protrusive? I thought it was too protrusive for a while.

You have middle third deficiency

did he say anything about why you didn't need braces for your particular case?
Braces aren’t always needed if the bite is already good. However, without braces tipping the teeth, the result can be compromised a little bit (less mandible movement). I’m already 26 and don’t want to spend 2 years in braces, so I only considered surgeons that would do a surgery-first approach.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and ifyouwannabemylover
@Birdcell
GTFIH you need this

Picsart 22 06 13 02 41 13 239

• JFL
Reactions: Birdcell and Growth Plate
Yooo massive congrats sir. Honestly health improvement trumps any of this looksmaxxing bullshit. You had good maxiofacial surgery and improved your airway and it's aesthetically good aswell. 10/10 imo, don't listen to any faggots on here.

• +1
Reactions: highT and nobodyspecial369
Op, no need for rhino..

And as for balding
If you want to prevent it get on Ray Peat diet ASAP. Nutrition ahs hormonal implications, especially not consuming enough Zinc, but also Copper, and Calcium, but also Magnesium.

messed up Phosphorus : Calcium Ratio should be 1:1, this will resist balding.

• JFL
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and ifyouwannabemylover
Good for you, bro.(y)

Lol glad I didn’t see it then. Did they say I was too protrusive? I thought it was too protrusive for a while.
don't remember exactly. was too early to judge anyway due to swelling. but I agree with @BugeyeBigNoseCurry your midface looks somewhat flat and your nose adds to that look. rhino + cheekbone implants would pretty much take care of that imo. your cheeks look really flat and nose lacks projection.

Braces aren’t always needed if the bite is already good. However, without braces tipping the teeth, the result can be compromised a little bit (less mandible movement). I’m already 26 and don’t want to spend 2 years in braces, so I only considered surgeons that would do a surgery-first approach.
check this out @Zenturio

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 2729
Yooo massive congrats sir. Honestly health improvement trumps any of this looksmaxxing bullshit. You had good maxiofacial surgery and improved your airway and it's aesthetically good aswell. 10/10 imo, don't listen to any faggots on here.
Thanks! Yeah above all very happy with breathing improvements!

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
I hope the surgery was planned properly by an ortho

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver999
Thanks! Yeah I’m most happy about the breathing improvements.

• JFL
Op, no need for rhino..

And as for balding
If you want to prevent it get on Ray Peat diet ASAP. Nutrition ahs hormonal implications, especially not consuming enough Zinc, but also Copper, and Calcium, but also Magnesium.

messed up Phosphorus : Calcium Ratio should be 1:1, this will resist balding.
Interesting. It could be different for me because I’m not balding at the crown, I only have receding hairline at the temples. My dad also has the same thing, so it’s definitely at least partially genetic.

• +1

Do you know if he had to do a bone graft to fill in any space caused by the ccw, also do u got xrays

I hope the surgery was planned properly by an ortho
Just my surgeon planned it, but I consulted with a top ortho to make sure surgery-first was okay. I also saw an ortho a week ago to ensure my bite is okay after surgery.

Thanks for answering. Do you suffer from asthma or any sort of allergies?

Do you know if he had to do a bone graft to fill in any space caused by the ccw, also do u got xrays
I think I had a graft to fill in the space, but it was some other material. I honestly don’t know.

Just my surgeon planned it, but I consulted with a top ortho to make sure surgery-first was okay. I also saw an ortho a week ago to ensure my bite is okay after surgery.
Amazing

do you know much about the orthodontic work that is recommended before bimax? Mind sharing your occlusion?
check this out @Zenturio
thx bro (y)

rhino next tbh

What can I do about that though? (besides going back in time and doing a Lefort 2 lol)

Mid face implants.

You look like zygo implants would grant a big improvement too.

do you know much about the orthodontic work that is recommended before bimax? Mind sharing your occlusion?

thx bro (y)
I don’t know much. Often the teeth are tipped to widen the malocclusion in order to allow for more mandible movement.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729