Bimax consult - Stonewalled by bluepilled copractitioner

WagedandReady

WagedandReady

Iron
+$1300
+2mo waiting
Flew 2000 miles

I thought I was going to be speaking w Antipov, instead I get sat down with Antipov’s bluepilled co-practitioner and have my 90% suggestions shot down and advised to get a sleep study done.

l wanted bimax (LFI and BSSO)+ genio and maybe malar implants. She focused mostly on my occlusion, telling me it’s ‘pretty close’ to class 1, and advised against a Lefort, but at least granted that my mandible is retrognathic and that I’d benefit from genio, but that I should get a sleep study and look into orthodontics alone for now. I went back today before my return flight to ask when Dr Antipov would be available and they’re telling me that he and the maxfac I spoke to work together (I can’t imagine what that looks like because their treatment philosophies seem radically different). They told me to email them and that Antipov would answer any of my questions. JFL

Anyways, there’s another ortho that I consulted with who’s much closer to me who’s treatment plan I like, but he doesn’t use any imaging software that would show me the skin tissue changes (this is a big draw for my criteria). He’s also not known to be blackpilled, unlike Antipov.

Should I drop the $ and time (again) to get another consultation, and explicitly stress I want Antipov to work on me, or do I go with the other guy in my state? Insurance approved my surgery until the EOY and I’m sick of waiting, but I reallyyy want Antipov to do my bimax.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: NodiN, BugeyeBigNoseCurry, zeek and 4 others
Get fucked BDD mentalcel!

• So Sad
Reactions: WagedandReady
+$1300
+2mo waiting
Flew 2000 miles

I thought I was going to be speaking w Antipov, instead I get sat down with Antipov’s bluepilled co-practitioner and have my 90% suggestions shot down and advised to get a sleep study done.

l wanted bimax (LFI and BSSO)+ genio and maybe malar implants. She focused mostly on my occlusion, telling me it’s ‘pretty close’ to class 1, and advised against a Lefort, but at least granted that my mandible is retrognathic and that I’d benefit from genio, but that I should get a sleep study and look into orthodontics alone for now. I went back today before my return flight to ask when Dr Antipov would be available and they’re telling me that he and the maxfac I spoke to work together (I can’t imagine what that looks like because their treatment philosophies seem radically different). They told me to email them and that Antipov would answer any of my questions. JFL

Anyways, there’s another ortho that I consulted with who’s much closer to me who’s treatment plan I like, but he doesn’t use any imaging software that would show me the skin tissue changes (this is a big draw for my criteria). He’s also not known to be blackpilled, unlike Antipov.

Should I drop the $ and time (again) to get another consultation, and explicitly stress I want Antipov to work on me, or do I go with the other guy in my state? Insurance approved my surgery until the EOY and I’m sick of waiting, but I reallyyy want Antipov to do my bimax.
Brutal. I'm sorry to read that.

Antipov isnt the only good surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
dont talk to female surgeons
Tbh at first I thought she was another assistant who was about to take photos or some shit, but then I realized she was the OTHER name on the front door.
Could I have just noped out of it there and then? How do you go about requesting a diff surgeon at the same clinic lol?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Antipov isnt the only good surgeon
He isn’t, but his name carries weight on this forum and other boards. He also uses morph software which I’m really keen on since my bimax movements are probably going to be around 1cm. Open to any rec’s

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Where is your cephalogram fellow mentalcel. How can anyone evaluate

• +1
He isn’t, but his name carries weight on this forum and other boards. He also uses morph software which I’m really keen on since my bimax movements are probably going to be around 1cm. Open to any rec’s
Nope

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn and WagedandReady
is he a US surgeon?

soft tissue simulations are quite literally useless

soft tissue simulations are quite literally useless
They’re approximations. I’ll take an algorithm’s approximation over my imagination any day

Tbh at first I thought she was another assistant who was about to take photos or some shit, but then I realized she was the OTHER name on the front door.
Could I have just noped out of it there and then? How do you go about requesting a diff surgeon at the same clinic lol?
Then you be a fucking grown man and tell them what you want and why you came: to talk to Antipov.

Get your testosterone levels checked via blood test you faggot

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
all surgeons use it jfl

• JFL
Reactions: Patient A
Then you be a fucking grown man and tell them what you want and why you came: to talk to Antipov.

Get your testosterone levels checked via blood test you faggot
I did…

After the consult was over. 😤

Best jaw surgeon in USA is Dr Alfi from texas look him up, he mogs Antipov

• +1
all surgeons use it jfl
That also predicts soft tissue changes as well? Nah. Out of all the maxfacs I found in the Atlanta and north GA area, only one uses it.

+$1300
+2mo waiting
Flew 2000 miles

You should have stressed this before taking the flight. If they had known you were coming from so far, they probably would have taken good care of you.

• +1
That also predicts soft tissue changes as well? Nah. Out of all the maxfacs I found in the Atlanta and north GA area, only one uses it.
random ass surgeons nobody cares about them all decent surgeons do it

random ass surgeons nobody cares about them all decent surgeons do it
Well. Then the states are hurting for more decent surgeons. Most only care about making sure your airway opens up, TMJ symptoms resolve, and that your occlusal plane is good based on a few orthodontic landmarks.

All the aesthetic shit is an after thought to the bluepilled (ie the vast majority) of these guys unless you’re legit deformed pre-op

Just go to Alfi or Steinbacher then