BIMAX / Osteotomy Complications

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
I've seen some scary comments on Ramieri, Coceancig about life altering complications like consistent nerve pain, restricted mouth opening, permanent numbness on chin.

However, I couldn't find any proper, long term follow-up especially on BIMAX.

From what I've seen, bigger the advancement bigger the risk AND widening the jaw is far more dangerous than only advancing it forward.

So, what are the chances of bad results, life altering complications?

@Gaia262 @TheLordMadness @RealSurgerymax @Zenturio

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Oberyn, fuckedupmanlet, ROTTING and 1 other person
I've seen some scary comments on Ramieri, Coceancig about life altering complications like consistent nerve pain, restricted mouth opening, permanent numbness on chin.

However, I couldn't find any proper, long term follow-up especially on BIMAX.

From what I've seen, bigger the advancement bigger the risk AND widening the jaw is far more dangerous than only advancing it forward.

So, what are the chances of bad results, life altering complications?

@Gaia262 @TheLordMadness @RealSurgerymax @Zenturio
Who had complications with Ramieri? 8 Months post op i have zero mobility or sensory issues.

It's a risk but this forum exists as a form of risk mitigation. You can only really choose the best surgeon possible and then hope something doesn't happen. At least you guys are not going to your local maxfac who just graduated or has zero understanding of aesthetics and treats functional issues or hasn't been vetted ect.

You guys are well above the normie curve in terms of understanding and research.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Anchor_Ship, Acromegaly_Chad and 9 others
I am still wondering if bsso should be done for max aesthetic benefit even if just lefort will fix underbite issue sufficiently
bimax throws in extra risk but when you hear so many success stories here of guys getting bimax as if it's a haircut I think maybe I should go all in

Who had complications with Ramieri? 8 Months post op i have zero mobility or sensory issues.

It's a risk but this forum exists as a form of risk mitigation. You can only really choose the best surgeon possible and then hope something doesn't happen. At least you guys are not going to your local maxfac who just graduated or has zero understanding of aesthetics and treats functional issues or hasn't been vetted ect.

You guys are well above the normie curve in terms of understanding and research.
not sure if it was an exaggerated issue but Ramieri patient was saying he has 2 years of numbness that doesn't go off, so it's permanent.
coceancig patient mentioned that he was having jaw pain for 18 months, making him couldn't open his mouth more than a few millimeters. (I'll post when I found the screenshot)

i mean there are rates like %2 infection rate on Implants, but I couldn't find anything like that on osteotomies.

I am still wondering if bsso should be done for max aesthetic benefit even if just lefort will fix underbite issue sufficiently
bimax throws in extra risk but when you hear so many success stories here of guys getting bimax as if it's a haircut I think maybe I should go all in
yeah, it looks quite invasive and scary but also the majority of patients in this forum don't have any problems.

• Woah
Reactions: Oberyn and Gaia262
not sure if it was an exaggerated issue but Ramieri patient was saying he has 2 years of numbness that doesn't go off, so it's permanent.
coceancig patient mentioned that he was having jaw pain for 18 months, making him couldn't open his mouth more than a few millimeters. (I'll post when I found the screenshot)

i mean there are rates like %2 infection rate on Implants, but I couldn't find anything like that on osteotomies.

yeah, it looks quite invasive and scary but also the majority of patients in this forum don't have any problems.
Idk why people want to do BIMAX with Coceancig at all. The man is notorious for butchering patients and doing dangerous versions of osteotomies that are very likely to give long term nerve damage or worse.

@valhalar made a great thread about how coceancig’s line of advancement is WAY too much to do on most patients.

Imagine not being from Australia, paying 85k for a scammer car salesman to butcher your face for life, couldn’t be me :lul:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, RecessedChinCel, valhalar and 1 other person
Ascend or die trying

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mewcoper, Deleted member and Gaia262
i will find it, i found that on a website like realself. apparently local there are some local websites too.
You need to keep in mind only patients who are unsatisfied repeatedly talk about this stuff on those sites. The vast majority of patients are fine and just move on with their lives and never post anything.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Oberyn, Tobias Fünke and 1 other person
You need to keep in mind only patients who are unsatisfied repeatedly talk about this stuff on those sites. The vast majority of patients are fine and just move on with their lives and never post anything.
exactly. also, some patients exaggerate every problem, i know some of them in real life.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, Ranz-dolo and Deleted member 18840

Did it hurt? Like out of 10 how would you rate the worst and the average pain, honestly.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Did it hurt? Like out of 10 how would you rate the worst and the average pain, honestly.

It didn't hurt much as your face is numb. The first week is brutal trying to eat, the swelling and fatigue.

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel
Similar to finasteride- only causes problems for 1% of people but it's the 1% who publicise their opinions.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, SOS-Sonic and Oberyn