The Paul "Coceancig Line" is Completely Insane

V

valhalar

Gold
I've seen many people ask questions about Dr. Paul Coceancig's "Coceancig Line" for jaw surgery.

In his words "A vertical maximal aesthetic line from the nasal bone tip, with horizontal Frankfurt plane, can be used as a predictable and simple cephalometric.."

Many users have pointed out that this seems excessive, particularly because this is where he advances the bone to, not the soft tissue.

Here this image shows how he is going to advance all three points to the line:

2365891 1619357588991

This is an example of a profile that is recessed according to Coceancig's line, I can agree the chin is a bit small but not ugly:

Linee

However, if I advance everything as he does: the chin, the nasal spine, the incisor... AT THE BONE, taking into account a layer of soft tissue over the top....

THEN THIS is an approximate result you would get:

Advanced

This is the reason I refused to spend $90,000 with Coceancig and probably the reason he posts so few of his results online. He just posts the same 10 cases again and again. I told you he had crocodilemaxxed a patient I met.

The Coceancig shills on here who promote his BS need to think twice. He is correct that IMDO is a great procedure for kids. He is wrong with his "line" that no other surgeon subscribes to, because it just ignores soft tissue and goes full monkey which is not aesthetic for most people.

He also used to post on JawSurgeryForums as "OrthodontistExpert", and was banned because he shilled IMDO and talked about how great he was, and they traced the IP to his area. He also lied about other surgeons not being able to do 3D planning in order to rope people in. See Coceancig's comment in purple and a response from another user in white.

Screen Shot 2022 05 01 at 74321 PM

The coceancig line should be renamed the crocodile line.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: deadmanwalking, BrahminBoss, Krakowski and 38 others
Tagging some people from my original post where I talked about Coceancig @Zenturio @Rupert Pupkin @one job away @randomvanish @Gaia262 @RealSurgerymax @noprogressno @ScramFranklin @wannalooksmax

• +1
Reactions: thecel, AscendingHero, randomvanish and 2 others
you need super bimax + geniopaully by our based lord coceancig. sooner you accept it the better.

Coceancig-240x300.png

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Melly, deadmanwalking and 26 others
Good to know. I will probably go with Ramieri or Pagnoni

• +1
Reactions: thecel, fuckedupmanlet and valhalar
Forward growth is just a meme here. Everyone should know that such extreme advancements on all those 3 points will be a bad result.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: T50 Mogger, User49, thecel and 9 others
JFL the posts about Coceancig just get worse and worse. A former ortho who worked with him said only 1 in 10 cases were good and that Coceancig overadvances in case they relapse but they never do, so they look like monkeys:

Screen Shot 2022 05 01 at 82317 PM

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Danish_Retard, Biiyo03 and 6 others
Imagine him giving a boderline case 3cm of advancement 🤣

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Melly, thecel, AscendingHero and 3 others
you need super bimax + geniopaully by our based lord coceancig. sooner you accept it the better.

Coceancig-240x300.png
I have PTSD from his car salesman face. So punchable. He also lives in a huge mansion which he showed in the background of some livestreams.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, AscendingHero, Acromegaly_Chad and 6 others
I have PTSD from his car salesman face. So punchable. He also lives in a huge mansion which he showed in the background of some livestreams.
who are the people that he does those streams with? the guy in this sounds like he's some random psl dude from europe:

• JFL
Reactions: randomvanish, thecel, Deleted member 17345 and 5 others
who are the people that he does those streams with? the guy in this sounds like he's some random psl dude from europe:

Other MaxFacs, thing is sometimes even they get taken aback by the shit he says

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Mewton, ROTTING, Biiyo03 and 5 others
Other MaxFacs, thing is sometimes even they get taken aback by the shit he says
Yeah I have seen that, especially when Coceancig is laughing at someones face or saying they need multiple surgeries when they look fine. It's the Spanish surgeon who Coceancig teaches.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, fuckedupmanlet, Oberyn and 1 other person
@tesseract are you going to defend your daddy Paul? Or are you Paul?

• JFL
Reactions: Administrator and Anchor_Ship
nasal bridge? this mf is insane :soy: I wouldn't go to a penal colony for surgery anyway.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, FreakkForLife and valhalar
What do you think of my skull side profile?
Skull side 1

PS: what you are commenting is very interesting and something definitely important and needed to take into account, thanks!

• Love it
Reactions: thecel
What do you think of my skull side profile?
View attachment 1659640

PS: what you are commenting is very interesting and something definitely important and needed to take into account, thanks!
I only think skull is fully useful when you have pic of soft tissue as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371, Oberyn and NegativeNorwood
@RealSurgerymax @PapiMew @SixCRY

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
I morphed it with good posture and then a better ramus that would fit such forward growth. looks pretty good
Coceancig morph

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: jflsnowdzz, Deleted member 14392, EverythingMattersCel and 7 others
Hope you’re memeing. He’s leaning over now, still with croc jaw.
ur oneitis would beg on her knees for the chance to eat the shit of the guy on the right :feelshmm: anyway point is these results look overkill coz the ramus lags behind hard. doesn't mean it isn't optimal forward growth or close to it :feelsez: just look my sig, is rosie also too forward grown? :feelshmm: crocodile is the future :owo:

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: jflsnowdzz, Tallooksmaxxer, thecel and 4 others
ur oneitis would beg on her knees for the chance to eat the shit of the guy on the right :feelshmm: anyway point is these results look overkill coz the ramus lags behind hard. doesn't mean it isn't optimal forward growth or close to it :feelsez: just look my sig, is rosie also too forward grown? :feelshmm: crocodile is the future :owo:
she did have an insane forward growth :oops:

• +1
I will talk to him, I might aswell do a Surgeon thread since I talked and met almost all of them

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet
I will talk to him, I might aswell do a Surgeon thread since I talked and met almost all of them
If you’re not Australian there is no point cause he charges Arnett-Gunson prices for a subpar result

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Deleted member 8869
If you’re not Australian there is no point cause he charges Arnett-Gunson prices for a subpar result
I am german, I heard of gunson

I've seen many people ask questions about Dr. Paul Coceancig's "Coceancig Line" for jaw surgery.

In his words "A vertical maximal aesthetic line from the nasal bone tip, with horizontal Frankfurt plane, can be used as a predictable and simple cephalometric.."

Many users have pointed out that this seems excessive, particularly because this is where he advances the bone to, not the soft tissue.

View attachment 1659494

This is an example of a profile that is recessed according to Coceancig's line, I can agree the chin is a bit small but not ugly:

View attachment 1659495

However, if I advance everything as he does: the chin, the nasal spine, the incisor... AT THE BONE, taking into account a layer of soft tissue over the top....

View attachment 1659498

This is the reason I refused to spend $90,000 with Coceancig and probably the reason he posts so few of his results online. He just posts the same 10 cases again and again. I told you he had crocodilemaxxed a patient I met.

The Coceancig shills on here who promote his BS need to think twice. He is correct that IMDO is a great procedure for kids. He is wrong with his "line" that no other surgeon subscribes to, because it just ignores soft tissue and goes full monkey which is not aesthetic for most people.

He also used to post on JawSurgeryForums as "OrthodontistExpert", and was banned because he shilled IMDO and talked about how great he was, and they traced the IP to his area. He also lied about other surgeons not being able to do 3D planning in order to rope people in. See Coceancig's comment in purple and a response from another user in white.

View attachment 1659500

You are retarded the guy is looking down 🤣🤣🤣 also the line he is using is only like 2 mm more forward then what regular surgeons are using

Last edited:
You are retarded the guy is looking down 🤣🤣🤣 also the line he is using is only like 2 mm more forward then what regular surgeons are using
No, the line drops down from a 90 degree angle from the Frankfurt plane. That’s how you account for head rotation. So seems you’re the retard who cannot read.

And just lol if you think the difference between the radix and the end of the nasal bone is 2mm. It’s often 5-8mm depending on the individual.

Last edited:
  • +1
No, the line drops down from a 90 degree angle from the Frankfurt plane. That’s how you account for head rotation. So seems you’re the retard who cannot read.

And just lol if you think the difference between the radix and the end of the nasal bone is 2mm. It’s often 5-8mm depending on the individual.
Imagining reaching this conclusion

thinking you did the measurement correctly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

what a monkeybrain

• +1
can you elaborate what you mean
Look at any of his results lol. The guys who reach the Coceancig drop line all look normal after.

According to the dudes in this thread this guy should look ridiculously overdone

when in reality

he is not overdone at all whatsoever. None of his patients look overdone, at least the ones he shows on his IG page and it is not like he is showing a very small sample of patients either.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: T50 Mogger, Tallooksmaxxer, thecel and 5 others
Look at any of his results lol. The guys who reach the Coceancig drop line all look normal after.

According to the dudes in this thread this guy should look ridiculously overdone
View attachment 1669449

when in reality
View attachment 1669450

he is not overdone at all whatsoever. None of his patients look overdone, at least the ones he shows on his IG page and it is not like he is showing a very small sample of patients either.
only his chin was advanced to the line tho. His ANS is way behind the line

• +1
only his chin was advanced to the line tho. His ANS is way behind the line
Yeah you are right it's impossible to get all three points to the line all the time though. Some people's ANS is just too far back. Also he specifically doesn't do leforts above 10 mms or so because it's unstable. His midface looks like it's not ideally forward though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Yeah you are right it's impossible to get all three points to the line all the time though. Some people's ANS is just too far back. Also he specifically doesn't do leforts above 10 mms or so because it's unstable. His midface looks like it's not ideally forward though.
are you knowledgable on trimax stuff and osteotomies?

are you knowledgable on trimax stuff and osteotomies?
Probably not more than other PSLers but I have seen quite a few of Coceancig's videos and results to know he is not some crazy doctor making people look totally overdone.

It's not like all three points have to absolutely be on the line, he just says that is the ideal he thinks should be. He also claimed people do not look overdone if they don't go beyond the line and that he has never seen people who naturally reached the line who ever had snoring issues while it wasn't the case for the ones who didn't reach it. Btw he doesn't even try to bring women's chins on the line he does them 5mm less in order to look more feminine.

I have yet to see an overdone case by him.

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 17345 and Deleted member 2729
Probably not more than other PSLers but I have seen quite a few of Coceancig's videos and results to know he is not some crazy doctor making people look totally overdone.

It's not like all three points have to absolutely be on the line, he just says that is the ideal he thinks should be. He also claimed people do not look overdone if they don't go beyond the line and that he has never seen people who naturally reached the line who ever had snoring issues while it wasn't the case for the ones who didn't reach it. Btw he doesn't even try to bring women's chins on the line he does them 5mm less in order to look more feminine.
View attachment 1669459
View attachment 1669460

can I dm you my pics and scans?

View attachment 1669449

when in reality
View attachment 1669450

Get fucked. His former fucking colleague who developed IMDO with him said only 1 out of 10 cases look good, and parted ways with him specifically because he overadvances.

He is not bringing the jaws an extra 2mm forward than other surgeons, because he is actually bringing the bone through to that point, whereas most surgeons including Gunson do it by soft tissue (and at the radix or forehead): the difference is massive.

You are free to post one of his good result if you want. But that does not mean that Coceancig always achieves that. The fact he has so few suggests to me they usually are crocodile maxed.

As for you trying to say I put the line on the wrong place, you’re still wrong. You get the line accounting for head rotation by drawing it intersecting the Frankfurt plane, which is from his own fucking book. JFL.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, thecel and fuckedupmanlet
Just because he doesn’t fucking post many cases doesn’t mean he’s a good surgeon. As noted on JSF most of his cases look shit. I know because I met one.

Even many of his posted results also often look unnatural and uncanny IMO.

Gtfo you Coceancig shill. He’s not even a remarkable surgeon, he just spends a shit tonne on marketing and changes 2 to 5 times the market rate.

• +1
Get fucked. His former fucking colleague who developed IMDO with him said only 1 out of 10 cases look good, and parted ways with him specifically because he overadvances.

He is not bringing the jaws an extra 2mm forward than other surgeons, because he is actually bringing the bone through to that point, whereas most surgeons including Gunson do it by soft tissue (and at the radix or forehead): the difference is massive.

You are free to post one of his good result if you want. But that does not mean that Coceancig always achieves that. The fact he has so few suggests to me they usually are crocodile maxed.

As for you trying to say I put the line on the wrong place, you’re still wrong. You get the line accounting for head rotation by drawing it intersecting the Frankfurt plane, which is from his own fucking book. JFL.
>his former college
>some random guy on a forum

just like the post about Coceancig trolling the forum and as proof you post some guy accusing some other guy of being Coceancig :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The forum is full of weirdos Sergio actually got attacked there for respectfully explaining IMDO and the guys told him that it is a bs scam surgery which doesn't even work.

• +1
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful
thinking you did the measurement correctly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

what a monkeybrain
You’re the monkey brain: the line is literally defined as:
A vertical maximal aesthetic line from the nasal bone tip, with horizontal Frankfurt plane, can be used as a predictable and simple cephalometric.
Since you do not know where the Frankfurt plane comes from you sound like an absolute clown. The fact you think I drew the line wrong is simply evidence that his like is completely insane. It is.

Just because he doesn’t fucking post many cases doesn’t mean he’s a good surgeon. As noted on JSF most of his cases look shit. I know because I met one.

Even many of his posted results also often look unnatural and uncanny IMO.

Gtfo you Coceancig shill. He’s not even a remarkable surgeon, he just spends a shit tonne on marketing and changes 2 to 5 times the market rate.
He has a lot of before afters. I'd say more than most surgeons. He has got like 30 different cases on his IG.

>his former college
>some random guy on a forum

just like the post about Coceancig trolling the forum and as proof you post some guy accusing some other guy of being Coceancig :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The forum is full of weirdos Sergio actually got attacked there for respectfully explaining IMDO and the guys told him that it is a bs scam surgery which doesn't even work.
Sergio cannot even do it on adults which he admitted, so he is a clown trying to get people to consult with him and sell them a subpar bimax. There is a reason no one recommends him here.
He has a lot of before afters. I'd say more than most surgeons. He has got like 30 different cases on his IG
Most of his cases were child IMDO cases. You sound like a shill.

You’re the monkey brain: the line is literally defined as:

Since you do not know where the Frankfurt plane comes from you sound like an absolute clown. The fact you think I drew the line wrong is simply evidence that his like is completely insane. It is.
You must be a legit idiot if you think these are the faces Coceancig comes out with

Also gj trying to figure out the infraorbital margin and connecting it to the upper margin of the external acoustic meatus from a photo like this.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
Sergio cannot even do it on adults which he admitted, so he is a clown trying to get people to consult with him and sell them a subpar bimax. There is a reason no one recommends him here.

Most of his cases were child IMDO cases. You sound like a shill.
Well he does like 5 different operations of course not all of them are gonna be exactly the one you are looking for. As if every surgeon had hundreds of before afters on their IG or their website. They don't.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
just like the post about Coceancig trolling the forum and as proof you post some guy accusing some other guy of being Coceancig
Oh so it’s all a conspiracy. Even though other people were warned about Coceancig by the doctors doing their ceph scans?

You must be a legit idiot if you think these are the faces Coceancig comes out with
View attachment 1670168

Also gj trying to figure out the infraorbital margin and connecting it to the upper margin of the external acoustic meatus from a photo like this.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Given I met one I think I’m a better judge of that. The thing is a dude like that would NOT even go to a jaw surgeon, yet according to Coceancig the ideal should be at the line. There is only so much I could do with a morph on that face that’s why I said approximately.

The line is drawn from the ear canal to the nasal bridge so you’re still wrong.

The Coceancig line does not take into account the rest of the phenotype. It is based on a ridiculous belief that one’s face should be an anteface, which is brutish and low class. There is a reason most top surgeons including Arnett-Gunson do advancement at the soft tissue.

• +1
Oh so it’s all a conspiracy. Even though other people were warned about Coceancig by the doctors doing their ceph scans?
What is a conspiracy? Anybody can write anything on the net. The jawsurgery forums is full of bitter weirdos hating on surgeons. They won't even let you register on their shitty forum without sending them money.

Given I met one I think I’m a better judge of that. The thing is a dude like that would NOT even go to a jaw surgeon, yet according to Coceancig the ideal should be at the line. There is only so much I could do with a morph on that face that’s why I said approximately.
You met whom? An overdone patient victim of Coceancig? OK! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The line is drawn from the ear canal to the nasal bridge so you’re still wrong.
Yeah duh you didn't even draw a Frankfurt plane genius. You can't even properly do it without an xray.

The Coceancig line does not take into account the rest of the phenotype. It is based on a ridiculous belief that one’s face should be an anteface, which is brutish and low class. There is a reason most top surgeons including Arnett-Gunson work with soft tissue.
It's a rule of thumb he doesn't fetishize it. It's not like all of these several points have to meet the line at all costs.

• +1
You met whom? An overdone patient victim of Coceancig? OK! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I had a consult with Coceancig and he had a patient downstairs in the dental chair who he said I could go and talk to. The result put me off entirely.

Yeah duh you didn't even draw a Frankfurt plane genius. You can't even properly do it without an xray.
A safe bet is to draw it from the ear canal, and even if I had a ceph it’s not gonna be a huge difference. I can see the line heads through the orbital, in fact its properly slightly TOO high in which case he would need even more advancement. 🤣

Your other arguments are childish/low IQ ramblings. If Coceancig is so great, I welcome you to have surgery with him.

The issue is he proposes completely insane movements for people who already look good. He cuts the jaw into a bunch of puzzle pieces which will usually result in permanent nerve damage (which many reviews talk about) and he gives zero warning of this. If you’re going to prioritise a brutish jaw over nerve function, you should warn your patients properly.

I DM’d Ramieri to ask about a Coceancig plan another user sent me and he was uncomfortable with it and said it was too much. Coceancig proposes 20mm advancement whereas Ramieri said something like 5-7mm would be most harmonious with the face.

I’ve always said people can go to Dr C if if they want. I just think he sucks, acts like a used car salesman and is money hungry and probably sociopathic. It’s funny to listen to him rant about how ugly people are and say they need surgeries, but when you are actually the patient that is a huge red flag.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, baruch and fuckedupmanlet
Your other arguments are childish/low IQ ramblings. If Coceancig is so great, I welcome you to have surgery with him.
>low IQ ramblings
>while unironically posting this

The issue is he proposes completely insane movements for people who already look good. He cuts the jaw into a bunch of puzzle pieces which will usually result in permanent nerve damage (which many reviews talk about) and he gives zero warning of this. If you’re going to prioritise a brutish jaw over nerve function, you should warn your patients properly.
I remember reading one review mentioning nerve damage but it doesn't seem very common. Also the movements aren't really that insane he doesn't really go beyond 10mm with either le fort or bsso.

I DM’d Ramieri to ask about a Coceancig plan another user sent me and he was uncomfortable with it and said it was too much. Coceancig proposes 20mm advancement whereas Ramieri said something like 5-7mm would be most harmonious with the face.
You made that up. Coceancig only does advancements a few mm larger than your average bluepilled surgeon. I have purposefully just looked up Ramieri's patient and he pretty much does the same movements:

the patient was a female and Coceancig goes 5 mm off the line with the chin of women so the type of advancement is pretty much the same Coceancig would do and you are claiming Coceancig advances 10+ mm more than even Ramieri and then showing your painting with your "Frankfurt line" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I’ve always said people can go to Dr C if if they want. I just think he sucks, acts like a used car salesman and is money hungry and probably sociopathic. It’s funny to listen to him rant about how ugly people are and say they need surgeries, but when you are actually the patient that is a huge red flag.
Sure no need to make up crazy shit about him though.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel and Patient A
>low IQ ramblings
>while unironically posting this
View attachment 1670177

I remember reading one review mentioning nerve damage but it doesn't seem very common. Also the movements aren't really that insane he doesn't really go beyond 10mm with either le fort or bsso.

You made that up. Coceancig only does advancements a few mm larger than your average bluepilled surgeon. I have purposefully just looked up Ramieri's patient and he pretty much does the same movements:
View attachment 1670190
the patient was a female and Coceancig goes 5 mm off the line with the chin of women so the type of advancement is pretty much the same Coceancig would do and you are claiming Coceancig advances 10+ mm more than even Ramieri and then showing your painting with your "Frankfurt line" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sure no need to make up crazy shit about him though.
Jesus Christ you’re so stupid and this is getting painful. 20mm advancement means 20mm total advancement at the chin. Just stop talking dude.

You’re obviously insecure because you’re probably going to him. Enjoy your nerve damage lmfao.

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and fuckedupmanlet

View attachment 1659494

View attachment 1659495

View attachment 1659498

View attachment 1659500

Intriguing and interesting thread

@alienmaxxer & @tesseract

Thoughts?

• +1