Bimax Vs genio

D

Deleted member 1990

Gold
Is it necessary to get a bimax if you have an overbite but your maxilla is fine or is genio a better option. My chin protrudes ahead of the nasion but its behind the lower lip. In what conditions should I focus more on bimax plus genio rather than one of the two?

means you need BSSO

means you need BSSO
I was considering bsso but my main problem is when I align my teeth together by jutting it completely fucks my harmony up since my molars do not align despite jutting giving me a longer midface, does bsso improve contact between upper and lower molars or no?

Meekspill

I was considering bsso but my main problem is when I align my teeth together by jutting it completely fucks my harmony up since my molars do not align despite jutting giving me a longer midface, does bsso improve contact between upper and lower molars or no?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1990
Consult with an oral maxillofacial surgeon. The advantage with genio is it’s a lot cheaper, much easier recovery, and doesn’t require braces. It should be able to get you the mandibular projection you’re after. If only my mandible was recessed, that’s what I would do. However genio cannot help your occlusion if that’s a concern.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1990
Consult with an oral maxillofacial surgeon. The advantage with genio is it’s a lot cheaper, much easier recovery, and doesn’t require braces. It should be able to get you the mandibular projection you’re after. If only my mandible was recessed, that’s what I would do. However genio cannot help your occlusion if that’s a concern.
if I got braces as a child so I have a good bite then is genio the better option?

if I got braces as a child so I have a good bite then is genio the better option?
Yes, it also might be the only option. If your bite is already good then a surgeon might not even be willing to perform the surgery, as it’s primary purpose is to correct malocclusion. I suppose you could maybe move both the maxilla and mandible forward, I’m not sure. But I don’t think the juice would be worth the squeeze. BSSO if fucking hardcore which nobody here seems to mind until they get it done. Genio recovery is easy as fuck. Genioplasty alone can provide A LOT of additional forward growth. Especially if you do sliding + an implant or two slidings 6 months apart after the first one heals.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32094 and zap
Yes, it also might be the only option. If your bite is already good then a surgeon might not even be willing to perform the surgery, as it’s primary purpose is to correct malocclusion. I suppose you could maybe move both the maxilla and mandible forward, I’m not sure. But I don’t think the juice would be worth the squeeze. BSSO if fucking hardcore which nobody here seems to mind until they get it done. Genio recovery is easy as fuck. Genioplasty alone can provide A LOT of additional forward growth. Especially if you do sliding + an implant or two slidings 6 months apart after the first one heals.
Yeah I was thinking I needed a vertical genioplasty that increases chin height. My chin has fine projection past the lip but has no height

If i blew your jaws out of your mouth with a shotgun and your jaws landed on the floor together and they had a good bite, does that mean u dont need jaw surgery? You can have a good bite and jaws that are placed incorrectly.