Blepharoplasty Advice?

GhastlyGhoul

GhastlyGhoul

Ghoulmaxxed
So I'm 90% sure I want to get blepharoplasty to fix my horrible sunken eyes. At least, that is the surgery I believe I need for my specific issue.
My eyes are hollow so it looks like I never sleep. (Must be genetic, it's looked the same my whole life).

How do I go about finding a good quality surgeon for the job?
It was easy finding a highly renowned hair transplant surgeon, but I'm having trouble finding the right eyelid surgeon.

I imagine I need a cosmetic plastic surgeon? I read it could be an ophthalmologist but I have no clue. No idea where to search for top quality surgeons. I live in a highly populated part of America so having access to surgeons isn't an issue.

How likely are eyelid surgeries botched? Do you really need the best of the best or are blepharoplasty's easy for most surgeons?
Infection chance?

Also, I read that the whole surgery averages at about $2,400 for just your under eye area, sound about accurate?
(Not talking about upper eyelids).

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
Taban

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
all i ever see with this type of surgery is ppl turning hunterish eyes into bug eyes, aware me on this?

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and HighIQcel
I had this with surgery with Taban and my under eyes still almost look worse after 9 months because of residual hemosiderin staining. It was 4k. The reality is all surgery is a risk.

• So Sad
Reactions: middayshowers
almond eye surgery or rope

Watch out for lower eyelid retraction if you´re having bleph.

I had this with surgery with Taban and my under eyes still almost look worse after 9 months because of residual hemosiderin staining. It was 4k. The reality is all surgery is a risk.
Yikes no joke? That's horrifying.
Watch out for lower eyelid retraction if you´re having bleph.
Well now I'm not so sure, yeesh.

@Gudru please come back

post your eye region

post your eye region

20190804 1723202

You have deficient / sunken infraorbital rims and consequently lacking under eye support. Not convinced that bleph is a good solution to this.

You have deficient / sunken infraorbital rims and consequently lacking under eye support. Not convinced that bleph is a good solution to this.
So orbital rim implants?

I’m srs thinking about getting it

Attachments

• 09DC3DF0-FC99-4F18-B27A-5B6E82D4ACB2.jpeg
    09DC3DF0-FC99-4F18-B27A-5B6E82D4ACB2.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 93
Yeah what's needed?

Because of the midface defiency you have under eye hollows and droopy eyelids with consequent scleral show.

As I just put in another thread, the same option goes here. You can lift the soft tissues with eyelid retraction surgery (sort of a face lift for midface tissues to provide better under eye support). You may also benefit from infraorbital rim implants saddling the rim and elevating your infraorbital rims vertically to fill in the hollows.

Although I can not say for sure from this picture, it looks like you have a decent brow ridge so from my limited perspective I think these alone would suffice.
So orbital rim implants?
That is one option but with only anterior projection (and not vertical) they may not fill in the the hollows, nor would they get rid of scleral show but rather risk having the side effect of increasing it.

Last edited:
Because of the midface defiency you have under eye hollows and droopy eyelids with consequent scleral show.

As I just put in another thread, the same option goes here. You can lift the soft tissues with eyelid retraction surgery (sort of a face lift for midface tissues to provide better under eye support). You may also benefit from infraorbital rim implants saddling the rim and elevating your infraorbital rims vertically to fill in the hollows.

Although I can not say for sure from this picture, it looks like you have a decent brow ridge so from my limited perspective I think these alone would suffice.

That is one option but with only anterior projection (and not vertical) they may not fill in the the hollows, nor would they get rid of scleral show but rather risk having the side effect of increasing it.

All very good info, but I looked into it and It appears I have whats known as "tear trough deformity". Which is it's own procedure seperate from infraorbital. Still need implants though.

Yeah what's needed?
All very good info, but I looked into it and It appears I have whats known as "tear trough deformity". Which is it's own procedure seperate from infraorbital. Still need implants though.
The procedures I suggested are meant to correct the "tear trough deformity". Lower blepharoplasty is another option to redistribute the tissues in the area but comes with it's own risks.

Thanks god I have a decent brow bone or it would be over

The procedures I suggested are meant to correct the "tear trough deformity". Lower blepharoplasty is another option to redistribute the tissues in the area but comes with it's own risks.

Fantastic! Now I just need to find a skilled surgeon. I think implants make the most sense. If I'm paying that kind of money then I want the results to last and last.

• +1
Reactions: kota