bones > collagen? (controversial post)

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
1617271751535-png.210452

what people here need to understand is that the most undesirable folds (nasolabial folds, tear throughs) that comes with ageing

u3fxawa.jpg

are not caused by a lack of collagen but by collapsing fat pads (gravity) and receeding bones

xd39wER.jpg

Kv8fkaJ.jpg

QnjIoFq.jpg

this is why adding some topical shit might reduce some forehead lines but wont prevent nasolabial folds or anything.

let take a look at collagen and ageing

u2XslHB.png

there is no way 30+ year old has more collagen then a 20year old. even if the 30+ guy used retinol cream like suncream everyday and was blessed with an unreal high number of collagen. its just not possible

now lets take a look at 20 year old bieber and compare him to 36 year old brad pitt. (remind yourself that bieber has way more collagen then brad pitt)

wH02Kw4.jpg

vs

RcExnpU.jpg

:banderas:

bieber has more collagen but shit bonestructure and more excessive fat in his face which leads to sagging and makes him look like shit compared to pitt here

another example:

45Q8F46.jpg

guys who are the same age probably. the left guy has a slightly higher collagen level yet he looks like shit compared to the right guy. his nasolabial folds are way deeper (in this case his malaris muscle are fucked which cause the fat pads to sag more)

and another example:

guy looks like he lived like the malboro man. outside all day, no suncream, smoking. he completely nuked his collagen to zero percent

N4NDnYD.jpg

yet he looks way better than this guy (who has more collagen)

q9Fdkd4.jpg

thanks to superior bone structure, malaris muscles and fat distribution in the face

if you just want to have clearer skin? yes do all that skincare regime
if you just want to get rid of acne? yes apply all that shit to your face

thats all good and fine.

but you are afraid of ageing?

then this is the answer

EBJWAN.gif

dont start to apply retin a cream to your face with 19 because you hope to look still 25 with 35. you may look 34 with 35 but that will be it. good ageing for men is determined by bones not by skin or collagen.

stop coping with muh collagen

:spew:

the nasolabial folds of that woman disappeared through jaw surgery

dXa56Wv_d.jpg

absolutely brutal response

i recently got aware of this fine specimen: amalia yoo, born 2002 (this pic is from 2019 so she was 16/17 year old at that time)

qnPOZW1.jpg

u2XslHB.png

RcExnpU.jpg

she is 16 years old, collagen mogs 40 year old pitt brutally yet has so fucking deep nsl folds. also she is fucking asian so she avoids the sun like the plague and probably (considering she is also an actor) put tons of skin products on her face including retin a...on the other hand we have brad pitt who is smoking and alcohol abusing alcohol since he is 16 year old and absolutely

:lmfao:

you must be absolutely brain dead to think that nsl folds are mostly caused by lack of collagen - all retin a copers on sucide watch

:tyson:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Detective, Jerzy Bondov, OOGABOOGA and 10 others
yeah overall bones are more important

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8165 and Deleted member 9670
Unrelated to the topic but how do one treat naso folds?

Edit: Found it

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8165, Deleted member 7651 and Deleted member 4430
1617271751535-png.210452

Muh skin care what do i do to get collagen???

Some people say retin-a and some say retin-a fucked them for life and lost eyearea and hair

just stubble maxx if your skin is bad that will look masc

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7419 and Deleted member 9670
My skin is so flaky after using Retin A I might stop tbh.

Older people gradually lose all tissue mass; bone, cartilage, fat, muscle. It's very dependent on diet though, sarcopenia is largely inversely correlated with protein, cholesterol and micronutrient intake.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
Older people gradually lose all tissue mass; bone, cartilage, fat, muscle. It's very dependent on diet though, sarcopenia is largely inversely correlated with protein, cholesterol and micronutrient intake.
no, if you don't have correct tongue posture your bone's will lack the constant pressure it needs and just reabsorb and recede
My master has perfect diet with fully hydrated skin, is more flexible than 20 year yogis
without even practicing yoga for more than 4 times a year
Yet his skin is wrinkly because lack of bone
Keep thinking that mewing is cope

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6380
They are interrelated since collagen 1 is major building block for skin and bone

I have good bone structure but very bloated face so I have nasolabial folds, over for me

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8165 and datboijj
I have good bone structure but very bloated face so I have nasolabial folds, over for me
you need the structure and projection to stretch out the skin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6380
It's not about the skin, it's about the bones. Forward grown maxilla prevents skin from sagging etc.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2214, Deleted member 756 and datboijj
you need the structure and projection to stretch out the skin
True, but my maxilla is very forward grown, my face is just super chubby even though my body is not, it makes me look disgusting and deformed.
My nasolabial folds are kind of subtle though, if I strech the skin with my hands just a little bit they disappear

• +1
Reactions: zeke714
maybe cover nasobial foids with beard

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj
Por que no los dos?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 8165 and datboijj
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6380 and datboijj
Good forward growth is good for holding facial skin but bone alignment is a thing body here focuses on for some reason.

U could technically say Chico is recessed but his cranofacial structure and it’s PLACEMENT made him a Chad in his youth.

The less bones u have, the more u should keep your collagen up as u get older... or just have youthful genes lol.

Indeed I’ve always thought men with great bones look better in their 30s/40s assuming they keep their hair. That’ll be me if my hair loss prevention works and I get bimax