Boxing vs MMA ?

Bonesbonesbonesbone

Bonesbonesbonesbone

T-1000 Frame Mogger
Which is better for street fighting ?

Scenario: A guy shoulder checks you and tells you your a pussy and wants to fight you. Which is better to end them quickly and making them be submissive

MMA is versatile and complete. Boxing = no kicks, no grappling no ground game if needed.

Or Muay Thai supplemented with Boxing and BJJ / Judo for grappling. That'd be a good package as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, Growth Plate and FailedNormieManlet
Muay thai is extremly effective in street fights. Had a friend get swung on by some faggot that was looking for trouble, and my friend slipped and threw an elbow and knocked the guy out cold in one swipe.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: animo123, Deleted member 17829, Lygodactylus and 2 others
God dayummmm
Muay thai is extremly effective in street fights. Had a friend get swung on by some faggot that was looking for trouble, and my friend slipped and threw an elbow and knocked the guy out cold in one swipe.

who cares. If you take up this shit to be "alpha" u are incel

chad looks intimidating, nobody shoulder bumps chad for he is tall and broad

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: animo123, Deleted member 17829, Growth Plate and 1 other person
who cares. If you take up this shit to be "alpha" u are incel

chad looks intimidating, nobody shoulder bumps chad for he is tall and broad
cocky manlets look more fragile and cringe than the ones who know their place tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, DesperadoRatado and eduardkoopman
Boxing = no kicks, no grappling no ground game if needed.
Boxing mogs. The no.1 rule of a street fight is don't go to the ground. Also if you get grappled you're fucked.

Scenario: A guy shoulder checks you and tells you your a pussy and wants to fight you. Which is better to end them quickly and making them be submissive
MMA moggs hard.

Because plenty fights, may end up with grappling stuff.
And with boxing, you don't get any grappling.

but a good bitchslap always moggs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
why the fuck they also pick the tallest guy in that metro to fight with, tall guy moggs and beats them all up.

Last edited:
Boxing mogs. The no.1 rule of a street fight is don't go to the ground. Also if you get grappled you're fucked.
Stupid take. Good luck if the other guy is throwing shin kicks at you femurs - calves, you won't be able to walk after a 2 or 3.

Also obviously you don't want to go to the ground in a street fight but if the pos knows grappling he'll drag you down in order to chokehold you, and if you don't know how to defend yourself it's over.

Like I said MMA or Muay Thai for brutal kicks and clinch, Boxing for head movement and footwork and a grappling art.

sambo or death
@FailedNormieManlet

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and FailedNormieManlet
Stupid take. Good luck if the other guy is throwing shin kicks at you femurs - calves, you won't be able to walk after a 2 or 3.

Also obviously you don't want to go to the ground in a street fight but if the pos knows grappling he'll drag you down in order to chokehold you, and if you don't know how to defend yourself it's over.

Like I said MMA or Muay Thai for brutal kicks and clinch, Boxing for head movement and footwork and a grappling art.
Street fights are not the same as cagefighting. The majority of street fights are between dirty and unskilled fighters. What the fuck are you going to do when your opponent pulls out a knife if you're grappling with them or a group of their friends come around the corner ready to join in?

Street fights are not the same as cagefighting. The majority of street fights are between dirty and unskilled fighters. What the fuck are you going to do when your opponent pulls out a knife if you're grappling with them or a group of their friends come around the corner ready to join in?
Irrelevant to my comment. Having a knife or a gun will always be a game changer. OP asked for MARTIAL ARTS.
Again, I don't recommend OP to take the fight to the ground, but if the opponent drags him down he must know how to defend himself.

E: With judo, you can end a fight pretty quickly with a standing throw if you're experienced enough @Bonesbonesbonesbone

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet and Bonesbonesbonesbone
Best to have a KABAR knife or Brass knuckles on site … or if you live in america then 12 guage buckshot preferrably

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and Deleted member 13332

Judo. No one here actually trains JFL.

I train judo and bjj, judo is better. Knowing how to throw someone can end a fight fast

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel
Sprinting is what I would do

Irrelevant to my comment. Having a knife or a gun will always be a game changer. OP asked for MARTIAL ARTS.
Again, I don't recommend OP to take the fight to the ground, but if the opponent drags him down he must know how to defend himself.

E: With judo, you can end a fight pretty quickly with a standing throw if you're experienced enough @Bonesbonesbonesbone
So how does judo or bjj help you fight an attacker with a knife?

So how does judo or bjj help you fight an attacker with a knife?
For the 3rd time the usecase is defensive - in other words if the opponent is dragging you down, etc, unless you're a competent judoer and you can quick throw somebody standing. @FailedNormieManlet is correct Judo is better, but BJJ has more gyms and is marketed to twinks that want something easier than Judo so that their arses don't hurt from the throws.

Opponent having a knife will always be a problem. Ask @Bonesbonesbonesbone who made the post asking about MARTIAL ARTS, not me just lol at this point. Maybe a Krav shit or something.

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet

Okay I am back from showering, so I can write proper response.

Judo is good because you learn to grip fight, most people wear clothes and so learning to get dominant grips is such a boost. Another thing which is good about judo, is learning about how to off balance people. For me now, it's just instinct, I know where someone's weight is on their feet, which direction their weight is pointed, where they'll step next, etc. I did wrestling before, and no one gave a fuck about that, it was just brute force/chain wrestling.

Wrestling is easier to pick up though, but I don't like the idea of going for single and double legs in a street fight, it leaves you vulnerable to elbows and knees.

Judo is more about upper body throws from a clinch like greco roman, people in fights are upright naturally, so judo is good for that reason. Another point to mention, judo teaches you how to fall properly and not get injured.

The second reason is, is that judo still has submissions like triangle chokes and shit - all subs from BJJ literally come from judo.

But the downside of judo is, is that it takes a long time to learn and get good at. It has a steep learning curve, everything feels un-natural and you will get injured eventually.

BJJ is good too, but you're going to have to focus on top game in BJJ rather than playing from bottom, learn sweeps and shit so u get on top - in fact that's most of my BJJ training since I'll be doing MMA soon and planning on fighting from top.

I've hit this on people in training before - people much bigger than me. And have been hit with it, it's fcking painful and I'm landing on soft mats as well. Getting hit with that on concrete would 100% injure someone badly.

Attachments

• harai goshi.gif
    harai goshi.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Hipcel
kickbox combined with bjj = superiority to your opponent both on the ground and on your feet:ogre: so mma

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5799
I would choose mma

Sure you can put the lights outs with lighting punches but you just need the other guy to fall the wrong way with his head and you will ruin your life in court. I remember some news here about two men punching each other on a traffic discussion, they both go home apparently well and next day one of them just drops dead because of the concussions of the previous day.

Or even if you just hurt him bad you could end up paying for the damage.

With mma you can just maybe lowkick him as warning, maybe he limps and gives up or if he still continues then transition to wrestlefuck him and make a submission, ends things clean with him giving up (or put to sleep) and you go home without worrying.

Also anyone can throw a lucky punch and knock you but nobody knows how to grapple, you would have great advantage and man-handle him as you please.

Its not only about winning but also about consequences.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: animo123 and Banderacell