"Braces caused my maxilla to be recessed"

normie_joe

normie_joe

Lefort 4 patient in Sunil's back kitchen
I hear this shit quite often here; people screeching about how braces caused their maxilla to be recessed.

Thing is that's likely a correlation.

Let's say you are skeletally recessed in both the mandible and maxilla with a class 2 bite.

Most orthodontists will attempt to remedy this situation by only moving the teeth. They will recline the upper teeth and procline the lower giving you a class 1 bite.

Thing is the patient later discovers their maxilla is recessed and blames the braces, when they were actually recessed before starting braces.

Majority of the people excluding the .org autists want convenience. They hear the word "surgery", immediately dip out, and choose camouflage orthodontics. Later they see some autist preaching about le maxilla on tiktok and start panicking at their recessed maxilla, attributing the blame to braces.

• +1
Reactions: yasuooo, smoth, noonespecial and 6 others
if you need braces your mouth was already fucked unless you have a weird mutation.

• +1
Reactions: yue, Ychassa and <6PSLcel
no exactly, it's like a two step process: fix the teeth with braces and then fix the position of the jaws with surgery

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates and Mrinfinityx
if you need braces your mouth was already fucked unless you have a weird mutation.

What has this got to do with what I said?

If it's fucked in the sense that the bite problems are exclusively dental, then braces only is the right play.

Problem is when people get braces to mask skeletal problems, and later attribute their skeletal problems to the braces.

Correct, also a lot of them had flared out teeth that frauded nasolabial angle and they lost it after straightening their teeth

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
What has this got to do with what I said?

If it's fucked in the sense that the bite problems are exclusively dental, then braces only is the right play.

Problem is when people get braces to mask skeletal problems, and later attribute their skeletal problems to the braces.
I will only get braces because i have to for my jaw surgery. I don’t expect anything from braces except better teeth alignment.

The sad truth is i have to wear them for around 3 years or something. The whole process can lead up to 5+ years including the surgery.

• +1
trimax pill

• +1
Yea these autists still think braces are good maybe to fix some minor misalignment but not fucking crowding or shit its usually used for

if its fucked by external things then you need braces , my brother hit himself hard against the well and lost 4 teeths , sadly they grown foward than the others and its gives the look of an overbite , your theory doesnt apply because he mouth wasnt fucked before

Wrong , thumbsucking can cause crooked teeths

"Weird mutation" ??
I grew additional teeth which fucked my mouth up and required braces despite my mandible being normal, don't think you can count that as bad genetics.

Braces ascended me hard
Teeth, mandible and gonions