Braces/orthodontic treatment

baerr

baerr

Gold
Sooo I went to my local orthodontist because I thought I had an overbite but the diagnosis says Ive got an open bite (recessed jaw but who gives a fuck i clench my teeth together/move my mandible forward 24/7 and it looks ok also it has become my resting position). My incisors are both turned inward which means they are biting each other when i clench my teeth, my teeth dont have enough space and I was told that it will get worse over the years. I still have all my wisdom teeth and I am allowed to keep them if I do this Therapy. The Plan is basically to widen my palate to make space for the teeth so they can be straight and move my incisors forward, so my maxilla wont be effected negatively, since the position of my jaw will stay unchanged. I mean, since there wont be anything pulled backwards and my teeth will just be corrected...I dont see any cons, but Im also no expert. Palate widening sounds good because i will gain a few mm of lip width and so on. Actually my only fear is to not be able to jutfraud as good anymore. Genio is expensive yk. But are there any other cons which Im not aware of?

• +1
Reactions: jagmogs1000 and NerdcelThundercok
Sooo I went to my local orthodontist because I thought I had an overbite but the diagnosis says Ive got an open bite (recessed jaw but who gives a fuck i clench my teeth together/move my mandible forward 24/7 and it looks ok also it has become my resting position). My incisors are both turned inward which means they are biting each other when i clench my teeth, my teeth dont have enough space and I was told that it will get worse over the years. I still have all my wisdom teeth and I am allowed to keep them if I do this Therapy. The Plan is basically to widen my palate to make space for the teeth so they can be straight and move my incisors forward, so my maxilla wont be effected negatively, since the position of my jaw will stay unchanged. I mean, since there wont be anything pulled backwards and my teeth will just be corrected...I dont see any cons, but Im also no expert. Palate widening sounds good because i will gain a few mm of lip width and so on. Actually my only fear is to not be able to jutfraud as good anymore. Genio is expensive yk. But are there any other cons which Im not aware of?
overbite is almost always a case of posterior open bite.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and baerr
this sounds good imo

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and baerr
Self explanatory honestly, if you think about it you gonna see how an overbite will overtime create an posterior open bite