BRACES/ORTHODONTICS EFFECTS ON FACE

Yummyinmytummy

Yummyinmytummy

100 women are not worth a single testicle -《◇》
The opinions on this is so different person to person.
Some people look way better after braces, and others get ruined.
Some people also say it stops the effects of mewing, others say it’s fine unless you don’t wear elastics.
As a guy with braces, the point of this thread is to make the effects of braces known and clear.

• +1
Reactions: TopCatFR
Braces have: narrowed my palate, ruined my smile, resulted in bad breathing patterns, which resulted in sleep apnea, caused malloclusion, required the pulling of wisdom teeth. All in the name of 'teeth straightening'. Oh did I mention that it costed a lot?

I deserve reparations tbh.

• +1
Reactions: eyearea, GrewWrong, Wincel and 1 other person
I didn't notice any negatives from getting braces, and elastics to fix my underbite. I still have forward growth, not stellar but not terrible.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 466
Braces have: narrowed my palate, ruined my smile, resulted in bad breathing patterns, which resulted in sleep apnea, caused malloclusion, required the pulling of wisdom teeth. All in the name of 'teeth straightening'. Oh did I mention that it costed a lot?

I deserve reparations tbh.
Damn that sux man. What did u get ur braces for? cuz I have mine to fix overbite+crowding and I don’t want that shit to happen to me. I’m already noticing a slightly longer midface.

Damn that sux man. What did u get ur braces for? cuz I have mine to fix overbite+crowding and I don’t want that shit to happen to me. I’m already noticing a slightly longer midface.
To straighten teeth.

750.jpg

It improved my lower third width by widening my pallet and bottom row of teeth, but stopped me from mewing for 3 years= a bit of downward growth. But don't worry, mew till ur 21 and you'll be ok

It improved my lower third width by widening my pallet and bottom row of teeth, but stopped me from mewing for 3 years= a bit of downward growth. But don't worry, mew till ur 21 and you'll be ok

Mewing is pretty pointless after the age of 19 tbh. It’ll make ur submental tighter, and hollower cheeks giving the illusion of better bones, but the bones don’t change. So knowing that it stopped u from mewing is suifuel. Idk if I should take my braces off while I’m still young

Mewing is pretty pointless after the age of 19 tbh. It’ll make ur submental tighter, and hollower cheeks giving the illusion of better bones, but the bones don’t change. So knowing that it stopped u from mewing is suifuel. Idk if I should take my braces off while I’m still young
I have proof that it works tho. I only mewed for a year and made great progress.
Doesn't work past 21 Actually. That's when bone plasticity decreases

Can u show me the proof cuz even mew himself knows mewing in adulthood is useless.

Doesn't work past 21 Actually. That's when bone plasticity decreases
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21211241
Here we have a study showing that the maxilla can be displaced in males up to 24, and keep in mind females 18-24 as usually females stop growing earlier, I don't know about this plasticity effect though. Mewing and reverse-pull headgear are different but they apply the same forces. At least long-term facepulling done intelligently should work, based on this.

Take your braces off. All those non-bone effects from mewing are worth it, and you can always try going at the problem with harder forces.