Braces=recessed?

kej3094

kej3094

Platinum
I want to know if braces=recessed, I’ve seen it stated on here before that this was the case (sometimes) but how? Based off the diagnoses and treatment below, would I become less recessed?

Attachments

• 2A415C2F-E52E-414B-9FA1-06EEB68BFCDC.jpeg
    2A415C2F-E52E-414B-9FA1-06EEB68BFCDC.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 58
  • +1
Reactions: alex569 and Lev Peshkov
Where is that list from? Reddit?

It's all cope bro

Just literally teen roiding and Lefort is all you need

Now welcome to the forum please stop coping

Elastics can recess your maxilla i think

if its regular braces i think not

Not always. Guys like Mike Jew like to make it that way to push their own treatment method. I've seen plenty of people who aren't recessed despite having braces.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and kej3094
Where is that list from? Reddit?

It's all cope bro

Just literally teen roiding and Lefort is all you need

Now welcome to the forum please stop coping
This list is mine

Isn’t it literally to make your teeth and jaw sit right? How 🤬
In growing patients, elastics can hinder maxillary growth by 2mms at the max, while not good it also won’t have destroy a face either, the forces used simply arent strong enough to cause a drastic change, and they are tooth anchored so most of the chance elastics cause are just changes of the position of teeth, and a tiny bit of chsnge in the maxilla

in grown people elastics wont be strong enough to cause bone change and they are 100% fine as it will just shift the teeth (as long as you don’t adapt bad posture afterwards as they can occur

• +1
Reactions: kej3094 and Deleted member 6403
In growing patients, elastics can hinder maxillary growth by 2mms at the max, while not good it also won’t have destroy a face either, the forces used simply arent strong enough to cause a drastic change, and they are tooth anchored so most of the chance elastics cause are just changes of the position of teeth, and a tiny bit of chsnge in the maxilla

in grown people elastics wont be strong enough to cause bone change and they are 100% fine as it will just shift the teeth (as long as you don’t adapt bad posture afterwards as they can occur

Okay, well, braces would fix an overbite, so even though the jaw wouldn’t necessarily be changed, my teeth would sit in such a way that my jaw is essentially brought forward no? Because when i sit my top front teeth where they should be, my bottom jaw comes forward, when I shut them to fit, my bottom teeth slide a little back. Bringing my bottom jaw back, meaning recessed. Theoretically if my back teeth would fit when my front teeth are sitting at the top of my bottom this means my jaw would be more pronounced. That’s how I see it but I could be wrong

Okay, well, braces would fix an overbite, so even though the jaw wouldn’t necessarily be changed, my teeth would sit in such a way that my jaw is essentially brought forward no? Because when i sit my top front teeth where they should be, my bottom jaw comes forward, when I shut them to fit, my bottom teeth slide a little back. Bringing my bottom jaw back, meaning recessed. Theoretically if my back teeth would fit when my front teeth are sitting at the top of my bottom this means my jaw would be more pronounced. That’s how I see it but I could be wrong
@retard

• +1
Reactions: retard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back