Bring Back Hide Posts Feature.

0hMan

0hMan

germano-gaelic gaunche - modcel
Staff
Title. There used to be a feature where you could hide a thread from certain people until they reached a number of posts, and now that people are freaking out about normies and posting misinfo - a good fix would just to bring back this feature so lurkers wouldn't be able to see text threads, but would be able to see ads on it nonetheless - and they would have no idea of telling whether or not it would be hidden before clicking on the thread so they wouldn't be able to dodge ads either. Win win, people get their info spread away from lurkers and normies, you ((((mods)))) get your ad rev.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32734, Tabula Rasa, try2beme and 3 others
@TRUE_CEL sorry for tag bhai but I thought you might want to give it a looksie

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers and IMOGYOU
This will also prevent all these bullshit disinfo threads.

• +1
Reactions: IMOGYOU
bring back react to see

• WTF
  • Love it
Reactions: datboijj and 0hMan
bring back react to see
This is more important though. Plus mods removed all the hide features all together because people were reactfarming.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Tabula Rasa and IMOGYOU
This is more important though. Plus mods removed all the hide features all together because people were reactfarming.
they should add it back without count reacts as rep

• +1
Reactions: MoggedToSuicide
I don't recall such a feature ever being a thing

I can send posts where it was used as an example if you want. It was used alongside an option to hide for rep (although you had to type it, it wasn't like spoilers where you could just insert it)

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Me neither. I was gonna say the same.

• JFL
Reactions: Alexanderr
I just logged out and viewed the thread like normal. Such a feature doesn't exist.

I just logged out and viewed the thread like normal. Such a feature doesn't exist.
Yes, because it was removed. It used to work.
Oh, yes. That worked for a little while but then people turned it into a “rep me so you can view it” fest and so they decided to remove it.

• JFL
Reactions: Alexanderr
How long was that feature a thing for, a day?
Well it was a thing since the forum launched but people only started using it in April after the thread I linked above was posted. It was removed around the time of this thread:

bring back react to see
i'll kill you for reminding me of that nightmare
but in terms of normie lurker yes that would be good

• So Sad
Well it was a thing since the forum launched but people only started using it in April after the thread I linked above was posted. It was removed around the time of this thread:
Right, so whats' preventing users from abusing the feature again like did a couple of months ago?

Right, so whats' preventing users from abusing the feature again like did a couple of months ago?
The only way people were abusing it was by repfarming so that it required the viewer to react to the thread to view the content of it. You could remove the one that requires a react to view the thread content, but keep the one that requires a certain amount of posts on this forum to view the thread content.

The only way people were abusing it was by repfarming so that it required the viewer to react to the thread to view the content of it. You could remove the one that requires a react to view the thread content, but keep the one that requires a certain amount of posts on this forum to view the thread content.
I'll consider it but we had a post-count requirement for the BOTB initially too. People don't want to spend a week posting their way to see a thread, they'll just spam.

• So Sad
Reactions: datboijj
i'll kill you for reminding me of that nightmare
but in terms of normie lurker yes that would be good
at least for a month so normies just drop and leave this shithole

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
at least for a month so normies just drop and leave this shithole
they will probably make their own forum
explaining everything we learned in normie terms
we just gotta wait it out until then

• So Sad
Oh, yes. That worked for a little while but then people turned it into a “rep me so you can view it” fest and so they decided to remove it.
That was a different one, HIDETHANKS is different from HIDEPOSTS

I'll consider it but we had a post-count requirement for the BOTB initially too. People don't want to spend a week posting their way to see a thread, they'll just spam.
At least lurkers won't see, and I think spammers are usually very obvious and easy to ban.