Bros help me, i have weird hair loss issue

A

AMO

Iron
I'm 20 and i have fucking confusing hair loss
About a year ago I Noticed hairline being a bit receded (Nw1) after lots of stress and depression and mental breakdowns alongside having long hair and having tight hairstyles and lots of damaging products. Then Hairline stopped getting worse but didn't get back and After 4 months I started shedding alot and lost a bunch of hair (over 300 a day) of long strands from the roots. I had bad sleep routine and bad diet plus mental issues stemming from a mental disorder i have, shedding continued till present day, i got a buzzcut more than a month ago and hair looks dense but at front thinner. I have minoxidil and finasteride just in case. I wanna confirm if the loss of density is solely because of all the shedding or if i am thinning and should take fin and min.
Please any advice or help because this is been fucking me up even more on top of all the shit i was dealing with.

• +1
Reactions: beefliverontop

finasteride + oral minoxidil like everyone

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness, AlbinoMaxxer and curryascenderr
About a year ago I Noticed hairline being a bit receded (Nw1) after lots of stress and depression and mental breakdowns alongside having long hair and having tight hairstyles and lots of damaging products. Then Hairline stopped getting worse but didn't get back and After 4 months I started shedding alot and lost a bunch of hair (over 300 a day) of long strands from the roots. I had bad sleep routine and bad diet plus mental issues stemming from a mental disorder i have, shedding continued till present day, i got a buzzcut more than a month ago and hair looks dense but at front thinner. I have minoxidil and finasteride just in case. I wanna confirm if the loss of density is solely because of all the shedding or if i am thinning and should take fin and min.
Please any advice or help because this is been fucking me up even more on top of all the shit i was dealing with.
Same

I’m doing a scalp biopsy too, but it’s probably DUPA

bump

bro ain't no way, hair literally the only thing i have going for me

sure bro, u said u have a similar situation did ur hairline also stop receding by itself?
if it’s started it’s not going to magically stop, it’s probably going to recede in the next months/years
Diffuse thinning is the worst bro

No need to take fin right now (especially if still in puberty stages or 20s), DHT will be destroyed and side effects are bad (gyno, no libido, etc.). Start off with less harsh methods, use minoxidil (oral/topical), rosemary, castor, etc and use a derma stamp. Try that routine (while also maintaining a good lifestyle - gym, diet, etc. with non harsh shampoos) for a couple months (3-4) and see if you have progress. If things are going in the right direction, continue that routine, if not, take the “nuclear option” and start fin then.

U don't have many options if u want to keep ur hair, the best method is to start fin and minox for getting better overall thickness(+maybe derma rolling with derminator 2)If fin doesn't help, try dut, u could also try ru58841 and a ketoconazole 2% shampoo.Also before starting fin, it's smart to do blood tests to manage the side effects better

No need to take fin right now (especially if still in puberty stages or 20s), DHT will be destroyed and side effects are bad (gyno, no libido, etc.). Start off with less harsh methods, use minoxidil (oral/topical), rosemary, castor, etc and use a derma stamp. Try that routine (while also maintaining a good lifestyle - gym, diet, etc. with non harsh shampoos) for a couple months (3-4) and see if you have progress. If things are going in the right direction, continue that routine, if not, take the “nuclear option” and start fin then.
i appreciate it alot bro do u think it's mix of mpb and te or sumthing else?

U don't have many options if u want to keep ur hair, the best method is to start fin and minox for getting better overall thickness(+maybe derma rolling with derminator 2)If fin doesn't help, try dut, u could also try ru58841 and a ketoconazole 2% shampoo.Also before starting fin, it's smart to do blood tests to manage the side effects better
i did blood tests and they turned out fine but derm did say it was Te related to all the fkn stress but this shit been ongoing for months and hair looks really thick but incredibly thin when wet what do u think is the cause man?

i appreciate it alot bro do u think it's mix of mpb and te or sumthing else?
From what you said about the stress and depression in your life, I’d probably say it’s a majority of TE which is causing that thinning.

Depending on your family genetics it could also be some MPB as it starts around that time if you have bad genetics. In this case, prevention is the best measure here to protect against it.

Don't use finasteride, especially before you are fully mature at 25. Take a look at Bewusst's DNA methylation thread, try that and possibly topical melatonin to stop the shed.

i did blood tests and they turned out fine but derm did say it was Te related to all the fkn stress but this shit been ongoing for months and hair looks really thick but incredibly thin when wet what do u think is the cause man?
The blood tests should be done to know ur hormonal profile before u start fin, and trust me in most cases hair loss isn't because of stress, most def not if u already have history in ur family.Many derms are scared to prescribe fin, unless u are close to nw6:lul:Go to other derm or wait until it's too late

From what you said about the stress and depression in your life, I’d probably say it’s a majority of TE which is causing that thinning.

Depending on your family genetics it could also be some MPB as it starts around that time if you have bad genetics. In this case, prevention is the best measure here to protect against it.
I agree also my mom side got perfect hair genes, dad's side are fucked but no one my age got any issue with their in the family except mw

Don't use finasteride, especially before you are fully mature at 25. Take a look at Bewusst's DNA methylation thread, try that and possibly topical melatonin to stop the shed.
i don't wanna risk losing more hair if it's mpb and it being too late for me

If he finished puberty it doesn't matter, it's rare to be developing till 25.Puberty doesn't have a standard age!Many people are already bald even at 20, if he isn't growing anymore I don't see a reason for him to wait

If he finished puberty it doesn't matter, it's rare to be developing till 25.Puberty doesn't have a standard age!Many people are already bald even at 20, if he isn't growing anymore I don't see a reason for him to wait
not really, you still grow until 25, besides i don't advocate for finasteride anyhow, tranny drug

The blood tests should be done to know ur hormonal profile before u start fin, and trust me in most cases hair loss isn't because of stress, most def not if u already have history in ur family.Many derms are scared to prescribe fin, unless u are close to nw6:lul:Go to other derm or wait until it's too late
yea derm was reluctant when i mentioned fin. Dad side are bald but mom side got perfect hair genes even when they get really old.

not really, you still grow until 25, besides i don't advocate for finasteride anyhow, tranny drug
No, u don't unless u are a late bloomer, u make it seem like puberty ends at 25 for everybody, every human is different:lul:

Dude, you said it yourself, you are depressed and can't sleep

Stress and sleep problems can cause temporary hair loss, when you get better mentally, your hair will come back

First of all, deal with the stress and depression, after some time without this think about drugs like fin and min...

Dude, you said it yourself, you are depressed and can't sleep

Stress and sleep problems can cause temporary hair loss, when you get better mentally, your hair will come back

First of all, deal with the stress and depression, after some time without this think about drugs like fin and min...
but it's not temporary, it's been over 6 months of shedding. I sleep way better now but i don't think i can fix depression, i have dpdr so my mind is already fucked up as it is

I agree also my mom side got perfect hair genes, dad's side are fucked but no one my age got any issue with their in the family except mw
In that case it’s very likely TE and considering your family genetics, MPB could kick in later in life like late 20s. Again, I’d highly suggest starting preventative measures against this now. TE is usually temporary so in that regard you are likely fine. Just find and follow a regime for hair care and you’ll be fine.

Again, I’d highly suggest not taking fin cause you are still developing and there’s more room for bone growth, height, etc.

In the end, bones,height,skull,etc.>hair.

yea derm was reluctant when i mentioned fin. Dad side are bald but mom side got perfect hair genes even when they get really old.
My advice is to visit multiple derms, most derms are scared to prescribe fin and don't care much abt u, it's ur hair into play, even if ur mom side have perfect hair, androgenic alopecia isn't 100% understood and it can come from both sides

but it's not temporary
The reason it’s not getting better now is because you haven’t eliminated all the stress+depression, once you do that TE is temporary and hair will go back to normal from the hair loss caused by TE. To cure it, you have to target whatever the root cause is. Supplements (ashwaganda, vit D, etc.) may help you alleviate symptoms but it’s not going to remove the issue at hand.

but it's not temporary, it's been over 6 months of shedding. I sleep way better now but i don't think i can fix depression, i have dpdr so my mind is already fucked up as it is

This is something hair expert and plastic surgeon says

And yes, dpdr sucks, but it's possible to go thru it, what is your dpdr experience?

My advice is to visit multiple derms, most derms are scared to prescribe fin and don't care much abt u, it's ur hair into play, even if ur mom side have perfect hair, androgenic alopecia isn't 100% understood and it can come from both sides
i'll definitely do so when i save up a bit of money

The reason it’s not getting better now is because you haven’t eliminated all the stress+depression, once you do that TE is temporary and hair will go back to normal from the hair loss caused by TE. To cure it, you have to target whatever the root cause is. Supplements (ashwaganda, vit D, etc.) may help you alleviate symptoms but it’s not going to remove the issue at hand.
and btw can the hair that's shedding be of different density and thickness because some are thinner and smaller than other

dude, lemme save u here.

Finasteride cures hairloss forever.

Don’t listen to the fear monger conspiracists trying to push an agenda of side effects. I assure you with confidence you will get none.

this is tldr and all you need to know, but if u really need proof and facts u can search haircafe, he has extensive videos on youtube

This is something hair expert and plastic surgeon says

And yes, dpdr sucks, but it's possible to go thru it, what is your dpdr experience?

i had that shit for around 3 years because of a period of intense stress and mental breakdowns, after a while i just noticed i was being less and less there and in my body till one day i noticed i couldn't feel shit like literally no emotions at all, family started feeling like strangers, no self image, identity or anything, after that i tried a bunch of shit like ssris, therapy i read books about it and made no progress, people tell u to live with it but this is a mental illness that robs away your ability to connect with yourself and the world around u, it's simply impossible to be funcional

d
dude, lemme save u here.

Finasteride cures hairloss forever.

Don’t listen to the fear monger conspiracists trying to push an agenda of side effects. I assure you with confidence you will get none.

this is tldr and all you need to know, but if u really need proof and facts u can search haircafe, he has extensive videos on youtube
do u know how long till it starts working? will it really hinder bone growth cuz i'm 20 rn

i had that shit for around 3 years because of a period of intense stress and mental breakdowns, after a while i just noticed i was being less and less there and in my body till one day i noticed i couldn't feel shit like literally no emotions at all, family started feeling like strangers, no self image, identity or anything, after that i tried a bunch of shit like ssris, therapy i read books about it and made no progress, people tell u to live with it but this is a mental illness that robs away your ability to connect with yourself and the world around u, it's simply impossible to be funcional
If i were to give you advice, i'd tell you that you need grounding:

- Go offline, literally, no mobile, no tv, no laptop for a month

- go on hikes and to the nature

- talk to strangers on hikes or try to say something nice to cashiers, etc

If you push your body thru hikes, environment and communication with others, you will naturally start to feel better

I had dpdr as well, the worst is when you are all alone in your room, in your own thoughts, you feel truly alone and dissconected, aren't you?

Do what i told you, it is summer, it is nice outside, look online best places to hike and visit in your country and go there, entire time, no mobile, no wifi, go to places you do not need mobile to navigate

Buy some old mobile phone with buttons, if you need to call someone, no smartphone

Trust me, do this for a month and it will help, also try to become aware of your thoughts

Do you have OCD in any case?

as soon as you start, you’ve basically halted the progression of your hair loss. It won’t get any worse from here.

In first 1-2 months Your old DHT weak hair will shed tho, but stronger more resistant hair will grow in place and most people start seeing results from 3 months onward however it can continue from 12 months to get peak regrowth/maintenance so even if you don’t think it’s working, it probably is.

like 90% of your face has developed by 20. You gotta consider if you want to keep your hair or 10% extra development.

The biggest regret people have of starting fin was not starting earlier

If you push your body thru hikes, environment and communication with others, you will naturally start to feel better

I had dpdr as well, the worst is when you are all alone in your room, in your own thoughts, you feel truly alone and dissconected, aren't you?

Do what i told you, it is summer, it is nice outside, look online best places to hike and visit in your country and go there, entire time, no mobile, no wifi, go to places you do not need mobile to navigate

Buy some old mobile phone with buttons, if you need to call someone, no smartphone

Trust me, do this for a month and it will help, also try to become aware of your thoughts

damn bro i appreciate it so fucking much, it's rare to see people that actually had it and beat it, yeah i already deleted social media and i'll gradually get rid of the phone. I heard forcing the connection with the world around you is crucial to overcoming dpdr even tho it's tiring. Yeah i had crazy ocd but managed to somewhat beat it by learning to ignore and not react to thoughts and that kinda took power from obssesive and intrusive thougts

• +1
Reactions: granitegroyper
as soon as you start, you’ve basically halted the progression of your hair loss. It won’t get any worse from here.

In first 1-2 months Your old DHT weak hair will shed tho, but stronger more resistant hair will grow in place and most people start seeing results from 3 months onward however it can continue from 12 months to get peak regrowth/maintenance so even if you don’t think it’s working, it probably is.

like 90% of your face has developed by 20. You gotta consider if you want to keep your hair or 10% extra development.

The biggest regret people have of starting fin was not starting earlier
is there no way to improve facial structure even on fin? i have no ramus and weak ass bones

is there no way to improve facial structure even on fin? i have no ramus and weak ass bones
Dude I just did some research, ignore what I said earlier - multiple studies have shown that testosterone is the primary source of facial development for young people, not DHT.

It won’t affect ur development choom
IMG 4527

damn bro i appreciate it so fucking much, it's rare to see people that actually had it and beat it, yeah i already deleted social media and i'll gradually get rid of the phone. I heard forcing the connection with the world around you is crucial to overcoming dpdr even tho it's tiring. Yeah i had crazy ocd but managed to somewhat beat it by learning to ignore and not react to thoughts and that kinda took power from obssesive and intrusive thougts
Nice bro, happy to hear that, learning how ocd works is great way to start, i do not have ocd, so i was able to beat it faster, but yeah, with ocd things are longer

Nice to see you making progress 👍

The way dpdr + ocd works, as i believe it, is that you get fear that either you, your body, the world around you or your connection to it (dead already) and ocd plays this fear on a loop

Getting outside would force you to generate new thoughts the brain has to entertain and it will help to break the loop

I can imagine the fear and dread you might feel, and i can see why you are losing hair, since your body is in flight or fight mode 24/7, i believe that you should overcome this first and then trying any drugs

I know that finesteride and depression is linked, getting on medication causing depression is probably far worse for you, then losing health

At worst, i had suicidal thoughts and they seemed rational in my mind, therefore just for this reason alone, getting even deeper into depression is not the good way for you

Nice bro, happy to hear that, learning how ocd works is great way to start, i do not have ocd, so i was able to beat it faster, but yeah, with ocd things are longer

Nice to see you making progress 👍

The way dpdr + ocd works, as i believe it, is that you get fear that either you, your body, the world around you or your connection to it (dead already) and ocd plays this fear on a loop

Getting outside would force you to generate new thoughts the brain has to entertain and it will help to break the loop

I can imagine the fear and dread you might feel, and i can see why you are losing hair, since your body is in flight or fight mode 24/7, i believe that you should overcome this first and then trying any drugs

I know that finesteride and depression is linked, getting on medication causing depression is probably far worse for you, then losing health

At worst, i had suicidal thoughts and they seemed rational in my mind, therefore just for this reason alone, getting even deeper into depression is not the good way for you
I totally agree man, i gave up on getting myself and my normal feelings back but i'll try to overcome it again. The usual advice people give of "just not care about it and it'll stop" doesn't really work. I gotta tackle it consistently because not caring didn't work for me.

• +1
Reactions: Dendoni