BSSO or only genioplasty?

RoyaleWithCheese

RoyaleWithCheese

Mentalmaxxer
Been working with an orthodontist (didn’t learn the full story about orthodontics until long after I started) for a while and consulting with a surgeon about BSSO jaw surgery to advance my mandible. Surgeon is saying I should just go for sliding genioplasty only as it is less invasive and will still achieve my desired result of not having this recessed lower third. And the orthodontist says my mandible is only recessed slightly so the genioplasty is really what I need. But I don’t know, as I understand it the genioplasty will only lengthen the chin but the jaw surgery would bring more of my jaw forward which could be a larger improvement. Any ideas?

Attachments

• EF9A8E6D-1B75-4E2F-AAB2-51000E2C7DDE.jpeg
    EF9A8E6D-1B75-4E2F-AAB2-51000E2C7DDE.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 0
  • EC5EA0DF-0004-4E5B-B355-149CA822EE5C.jpeg
    EC5EA0DF-0004-4E5B-B355-149CA822EE5C.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7 and ROTTING
Solution
RoyaleWithCheese
I ended up getting the genioplasty and am extremely happy with the results. Recovery was also super easy after the first 4 days. Tbh I’m surprised why genio isn’t talked about much on here. Certainly BSSO is a more powerful procedure but it takes years of prep wearing painful ugly braces, is more expensive, and has a long recovery. I’ll share pictures at some point, but it definitely increased my facial aesthetics significantly.
Damn im planning on getting little genio advancment and hope it aint will be hella expensive
Even if it is I promise it will be worth it bro. I feel so much better after getting mine. Genio is such life fuel.

• Love it
Reactions: kenkishh