Can a person fight after bimax?

Deleted member 13332

Deleted member 13332

mark renton
Once you get bimax and genio or other jaw surgery you can never fight? Train mma is prohibited?
Just curious tbh
What if person get hit in the face 2 years after djs
@Gaia262

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and Gaia262
Yeah. You gotta be careful. Fights can obv ruin looks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13332
  • JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate, Mateusz74, Constantin Denis and 5 others
Once you get bimax and genio or other jaw surgery you can never fight? Train mma is prohibited?
Just curious tbh
What if person get hit in the face 2 years after djs
@Gaia262

Real surgerymax stated that it's practically impossible to dislodge an implant through contact sport (thread below)

I assume the same applies to osteotomies like bimax which have both the bone grown back and titanium plates fixated.

From my personal opinion after having the surgery myself, I don't feel more vulnerable or handicapped to avoid physical confrontation.

https://looksmax.org/threads/over-f...mplants-bone-reabsorption.202229/post-3470404

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Nims, Growth Plate, Serial Mogger and 6 others
saw some muay thai guy called liam harrison get his maxilla/cheekbone fully broken by an elbow

he had to get a plastic surgeon to fix him back up

now he fights again, getting elbowed in the face, punched in the face by the hardest hitters in the world

and his face stays in tact

think u just have to wait for proper healing

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Growth Plate, Deleted member 18890, EverythingMaxxer and 7 others
@Gaia262 how long are you badly swollen after? Of course like you notice being swollen yourself but how many day/months before everyone around you would have no clue you are swollen?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
@Gaia262 how long are you badly swollen after? Of course like you notice being swollen yourself but how many day/months before everyone around you would have no clue you are swollen?

I would say 4 months and you are good. You will be swollen long past 6 months to be honest. Everyone heals differently.

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
fuark a10 hunter eyes but still needs bimax :pepefrown:

saw some muay thai guy called liam harrison get his maxilla/cheekbone fully broken by an elbow

he had to get a plastic surgeon to fix him back up

now he fights again, getting elbowed in the face, punched in the face by the hardest hitters in the world

and his face stays in tact

think u just have to wait for proper healing
yeah its true fighters get their facial bones broken all the time but they still continue to fight regardless

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 13332 and 1 other person
You can fight after total healing. You won't do bimax with glass.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 13332
I would say 4 months and you are good. You will be swollen long past 6 months to be honest. Everyone heals differently.
Thanks. Was that about the same time it took the implants and rhino swelling to heal?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
theres a difference between getting your cheekbone fused back into the same place and the bone grows back shortly after, vs having a jaw that is split in two and held together with pipe cleaners. its literally pushed forward away from the bone. Idk if it an even heal like that, but i dont know much about it.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate, KDA Player and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
fuark a10 hunter eyes but still needs bimax :pepefrown:
It’s just a bonus
I don’t look at a Russian ogre and say wow nice eye color dude

My comment, reposted from another similar thread:

"This is an old question that has been asked many times.

After you're fully healed (~6 months), your bones are as solid as they were before. Afger that, there is no difference between a bone that has had an osteotomy and a bone that has never been operated on."

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and Deleted member 13332