Can CCW be performed with upper jaw surgery?

bignosesmallchin

bignosesmallchin

World domination
So my orthodontist thinks I should only get upper jaw surgery, she says my chin is not recessed and if I want a stronger chin then I should get genio or an implant, and that bimax would make me look weird and give me flared nostrils, she says upper jaw surgery would fix my crooked chin and mid face asymmetries, and improve the overall look of my mid face, my only problem with this is, I only ever hear of CCW happening in conjunction with bimax, is it possible to perform upper jaw surgery with CCW? She says my lower jaw does not need to be advanced.

She also recommended rhino, and cheekbone implants along with UJS and genio for maximum ascension.

Also should mention, I have an underbite according to my orthodontist, but not the normal type of underbite where my lower teeth protrude, they rest together with my top teeth, but they don’t align properly, some weird type of class 3, so advancing the lower jaw would likely not be good for aesthetics

Pics here

Attachments

• 4B0FCD63-AD53-4358-8E38-2E8FDCAAB608.jpeg
    4B0FCD63-AD53-4358-8E38-2E8FDCAAB608.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4E0C2C05-3B77-4376-9919-32A0C378EA0B.jpeg
    4E0C2C05-3B77-4376-9919-32A0C378EA0B.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5B982A4B-8569-4491-BCF4-28700162EE60.jpeg
    5B982A4B-8569-4491-BCF4-28700162EE60.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 9EB9E80D-19E5-42BD-A006-71EE8308304A.png
    9EB9E80D-19E5-42BD-A006-71EE8308304A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 0DA5B05B-B16F-48EF-B72C-570F6053D47B.jpeg
    0DA5B05B-B16F-48EF-B72C-570F6053D47B.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
i don't think moving the lower jaw forward flares nostrils or affects the nose at all, i thought that was all caused by maxilla

i don't think moving the lower jaw forward flares nostrils or affects the nose at all, i thought that was all caused by maxilla
Yeah idk man, I don’t understand how it would either, I’ll have to ask more questions when I get the chance, she said it would have me looking like a lion if I were to get double jaw instead of upper jaw surgery, I’ll have to see what the surgeon says, I can’t see why he wouldn’t be able to do a minimal advancement of the lower jaw though, maybe like 4mm, upper jaw needs to come pretty far forward I would say, my mid face is flat.

Yeah idk man, I don’t understand how it would either, I’ll have to ask more questions when I get the chance, she said it would have me looking like a lion if I were to get double jaw instead of upper jaw surgery, I’ll have to see what the surgeon says, I can’t see why he wouldn’t be able to do a minimal advancement of the lower jaw though, maybe like 4mm, upper jaw needs to come pretty far forward I would say, my mid face is flat.
ljs itself has no impact on midface or nose idk what she's talking about, you look like you do need djs

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
please show us your cbct scan

ljs itself has no impact on midface or nose idk what she's talking about, you look like you do need djs
Yeah I think I need djs too, but I’ll have to see what the surgeon thinks, genio would basically have the same effect with UJS tho wouldn’t it? I think the only reason I can’t advance the bottom is due to functional issues because technically I have an underbite and then my teeth would not align properly unless they did a crazy advancement of the upper jaw, which is what I think they mean when they say it will give me flared nostrils, that’s my best guess, because the more they advance the lower, the more they will need to advance the upper, and advancing upper too much would look fucked, do you know if I could get CCW done with UJS tho?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683
your surgeon is bluepilled bro. you are recessed. go for a psl doctor if you can afford.

i bet she will give you aesthetically disappointing results.

• +1
Reactions: noprogressno
your surgeon is bluepilled bro. you are recessed. go for a psl doctor if you can afford.

She didn’t seem bluepilled at all, she was asking if I’m worried about aesthetics, was also recommending me other surgeries that I could get to achieve the results I want, I’m pretty sure I can’t have double jaw surgery because I technically have an underbite, and if they were to advance the lower jaw that would mean the upper jaw would need to come forward a shit ton, which in turn would cause flared nostrils and make my mid face look even worse, if that makes any sense

• Hmm...
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer

Also this isn’t my surgeon that said that, I haven’t spoken to my surgeon yet, this was my ortho, my surgeon is a man, and he also is a professor at a college for jaw surgeons, so I think he’s pretty good, he is the only surgeon she works with

• Love it
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
blackpilled orthodontist

blackpilled orthodontist
Fr, she seems pretty blackpilled, even gave me a price range of the other surgeries I wanna get, she thinks it’ll cost me $30k or less for all the surgeries I want to get in order to ascend, that’s the price range I already had in mind so her clarifying that made me pretty excited.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
Yeah I think I need djs too, but I’ll have to see what the surgeon thinks, genio would basically have the same effect with UJS tho wouldn’t it? I think the only reason I can’t advance the bottom is due to functional issues because technically I have an underbite and then my teeth would not align properly unless they did a crazy advancement of the upper jaw, which is what I think they mean when they say it will give me flared nostrils, that’s my best guess, because the more they advance the lower, the more they will need to advance the upper, and advancing upper too much would look fucked, do you know if I could get CCW done with UJS tho?
probably yes

probably yes
So if I got UJS CCW with a genio and a rhino, I would have basically the same results as a DJS ccw? That’s what I’m hoping anyways

So if I got UJS CCW with a genio and a rhino, I would have basically the same results as a DJS ccw? That’s what I’m hoping anyways
idk if u would need rhino depending on how much ur maxilla is advanced but probably somewhat similar yes. your mandible seems to have decent projection already

No one can give u any meaningful advice withou an X-ray of your profile my bro. You prob need a gênio since your chin is 404 Not found. But each surgery has some aesthetic costs with it too. Ccw depends on your oclusal plane angle

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady and ChristianChad
No one can give u any meaningful advice withou an X-ray of your profile my bro. You prob need a gênio since your chin is 404 Not found. But each surgery has some aesthetic costs with it too. Ccw depends on your oclusal plane angle
What is occlusal plane angle? And my chin is not bad compared to my mid face which is completely flat, my chin is semi recessed, and I will get genio for that along with my UJS, I can’t have DJS because I technically have an underbite so that would mean advancing maxila even more so I could have a proper bite, which would look retarded. Genio, UJS, rhino, and cheekbone implants are what I plan on getting, could likely have it all done in same operation.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
What is occlusal plane angle? And my chin is not bad compared to my mid face which is completely flat, my chin is semi recessed, and I will get genio for that along with my UJS, I can’t have DJS because I technically have an underbite so that would mean advancing maxila even more so I could have a proper bite, which would look retarded. Genio, UJS, rhino, and cheekbone implants are what I plan on getting, could likely have it all done in same operation.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. DJs is routinely done for underbites. You can advance mandible without advancing maxila via ccw. You should prob do a lot more research before going into this or you will risk a shit and unsatisfactory result

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady
I’m not gonna spoonfeed info you can find on google, if u post your X-ray then ppl here might give u some useful info

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. DJs is routinely done for underbites. You can advance mandible without advancing maxila via ccw. You should prob do a lot more research before going into this or you will risk a shit and unsatisfactory result
DJS for underbites usually means they push the lower jaw back though, right? I don’t understand how I would be able to get my lower jaw advanced without pushing my upper jaw more forward than it needs to go, which in turn would cause flared nostrils like my ortho said. The more you advance the maxila the more likely you are to have unaesthetic results. Also I need my maxila advanced more than I need my mandible advanced, my maxila is completely recessed and my chin not so much, can you explain how DJS would be effective on me? I plan on getting UJS with genio because as far as I know now, DJS would not look good on me.

I’m not gonna spoonfeed info you can find on google, if u post your X-ray then ppl here might give u some useful info
I’m gonna get my X-ray this week, I’ll call my ortho tomorrow, will make a post when I have it

DJS for underbites usually means they push the lower jaw back though, right? I don’t understand how I would be able to get my lower jaw advanced without pushing my upper jaw more forward than it needs to go, which in turn would cause flared nostrils like my ortho said. The more you advance the maxila the more likely you are to have unaesthetic results. Also I need my maxila advanced more than I need my mandible advanced, my maxila is completely recessed and my chin not so much, can you explain how DJS would be effective on me? I plan on getting UJS with genio because as far as I know now, DJS would not look good on me.
Well bro as I said before no one can say anything without a X-ray.

people with underbite make the lower jaw go back because the lower jaw is too far advanced, because they caNt advance too much of the maxilla without looking bad, there are many reasons to do it. Aka not all class iii are equal, if you have bimax retrusion both will advance. You need your lower jaw or your chin to go forward. How does it go forward without advancing maxila? Ccw. Usually big genio advancements don’t have good aesthetic results because only the chin coming forward and the mandible staying back create a discrepancy that doesn’t happen naturally. Which is why some of the good surgeons don’t usually do more than 4mm of it. It may look good on side profile but it will be off in front view and 3/4. Is that your case? who the fuck knows without exams. Unless your stars align and you have a good oclusal plane angle and teeth, best aesthetic result only comes From doing both jaws

Well bro as I said before no one can say anything without a X-ray.

people with underbite make the lower jaw go back because the lower jaw is too far advanced, because they caNt advance too much of the maxilla without looking bad, there are many reasons to do it. Aka not all class iii are equal, if you have bimax retrusion both will advance. You need your lower jaw or your chin to go forward. How does it go forward without advancing maxila? Ccw. Usually big genio advancements don’t have good aesthetic results because only the chin coming forward and the mandible staying back create a discrepancy that doesn’t happen naturally. Which is why some of the good surgeons don’t usually do more than 4mm of it. It may look good on side profile but it will be off in front view and 3/4. Is that your case? who the fuck knows without exams. Unless your stars align and you have a good oclusal plane angle and teeth, best aesthetic result only comes From doing both jaws
My underbite is a weird type of underbite, my lower jaw doesn’t protrude at all, my teeth sit on top of each other but they don’t align properly, like the gaps in my teeth don’t line up on the tops and bottoms, so yeah I feel like I need bimax for maximum aesthetic results but my ortho told me bimax could make me look like a lion and give me flared nostrils. So she says I will likely only get UJS, and that bimax would be bad for aesthetics, I don’t see what else bimax could mess up other than my nose though, and I could always get rhino for that so I don’t understand why she thinks UJS is the way to go. What do you recommend I do? Should I see another orthodontist and see what they think? I feel like if I got UJS only I would look even more recessed, pics of my profile are at the top btw.

Lower jaw surgery doesn’t alter your nostrils. they Widen from upper jaw advancement which is what u are getting

You are naive if you think rhino is gonna give you the natural looking nose you have now. It may, but it also may not. You must take that into consideration if you are gonna do advancement on your maxilla

Lower jaw surgery doesn’t alter your nostrils. they Widen from upper jaw advancement which is what u are getting
You are naive if you think rhino is gonna give you the natural looking nose you have now. It may, but it also may not. You must take that into consideration if you are gonna do advancement on your maxilla
Yes I know they only widen from upper jaw surgery, my point is that they will widen even more the more they advance the lower jaw, because the more they advance the lower jaw means the more they will need to advance the maxila, and advancing it too much could really fuck up the nose, I have an underbite according to my ortho, so leaving my lower jaw where it is and advancing the maxila only would make the most sense to them, where as advancing my lower jaw would give me a severe underbite and make it so they need to advance the maxila even more than it needs to be now, which could mess with aesthetics, does that make sense? I could just be confused because I didn’t quite understand what the ortho said while I was speaking with her, I only put that together the day after and I think it is what she meant. I do want to get DJS, but I don’t know it that is possible for me.

you are having a hard time understanding what ccw does to your jaws

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady
you are having a hard time understanding what ccw does to your jaws
Can you explain? I know ccw is used for people with long faces and it is where they swing the jaw upwards to give a more compact face, how does this effect what I’m saying though? I do want to get ccw, but ccw can be performed during UJS too right? I don’t really follow what you are saying, do you mean that if I get bimax ccw, they will advance my lower jaw, and upper jaw, then swing my lower jaw up which would mean my lower teeth would swing back and align in the correct position with my upper teeth?

Google bro
I’ve tried google, I haven’t even been able to find anyone with an underbite like mine, mine is weird because my teeth touch each other and my lower teeth don’t protrude, but according to my ortho I have an underbite. How would ccw work in my case is what I’m wondering? I don’t understand how I can have DJS without advancing my maxila too much, is that where ccw will come into play?

You dont need rhino . Your lower jaw must come forward more in order to compensate and create harmony .

Are u a retard?

So my orthodontist thinks I should only get upper jaw surgery, she says my chin is not recessed and if I want a stronger chin then I should get genio or an implant, and that bimax would make me look weird and give me flared nostrils, she says upper jaw surgery would fix my crooked chin and mid face asymmetries, and improve the overall look of my mid face, my only problem with this is, I only ever hear of CCW happening in conjunction with bimax, is it possible to perform upper jaw surgery with CCW? She says my lower jaw does not need to be advanced.

She also recommended rhino, and cheekbone implants along with UJS and genio for maximum ascension.

Also should mention, I have an underbite according to my orthodontist, but not the normal type of underbite where my lower teeth protrude, they rest together with my top teeth, but they don’t align properly, some weird type of class 3, so advancing the lower jaw would likely not be good for aesthetics

Pics here
Bimax = upper jaw plus lower jaw surgery.

You can move any jaw however you like. Forwards. Backwards. Down up. Left right or rotate it.

Only limitation is you have to align the teeth in the end

Bimax = upper jaw plus lower jaw surgery.

You can move any jaw however you like. Forwards. Backwards. Down up. Left right or rotate it.

Only limitation is you have to align the teeth in the end
Yeah I know lol. Reason I think she’s saying I can’t get bimax is because I technically have an underbite which means if my lower jaw is advanced like I want it to be, the upper will need to come even further forward and possibly fuck my face