Can CW rotation lengthen philtrum for dudes with bimaxillary protrusion?

D

Deleted member 32734

Bronze
I have slight bimaxillary protrusion and was wondering if the rotation brings down the maxilla and flattens the philtrum in turn lengthening the appearance of the philtrum. It would also mean I have more downgrowth and also slightly longer midface since my jaw is forward grown but very little downgrowth. It looks so bad. I know u mfs are big on forward grown aesthetics but I feel like it's ok to sacrifice forward growth for downgrowth especially for short maxilla NON RECESSED dudes.

dm me ur case

It can and it most likely will as the A-point is advanced a greater amount than the maxillary incisor. However, the CWr won't have the same amount of effect as retroclining the incisors with orthodontics will, that'll flatten the philtrum more as the lip loses its "support" and in turns loses some of the concavity which helps conceal a long philtrum.

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady and Deleted member 18582
It can and it most likely will as the A-point is advanced a greater amount than the maxillary incisor. However, the CWr won't have the same amount of effect as retroclining the incisors with orthodontics will, that'll flatten the philtrum more as the lip loses its "support" and in turns loses some of the concavity which helps conceal a long philtrum.
I think my case is just forward growth and thicker lips tbh jfl

Why would you want this? Is your midface ratio truly that fucked? And if it really is ‘slight’ protrusion and you’re already forward grown, you’re better off not touching bimax and just talking to an ortho about extractions instead.