Can minoxidil make the velus hair on the forehead terminal?

D

Deleted member 8988

Platinum
I'm doing peppermint oil daily and dermarolling once a week since two months and I have observed two things:first that I wasn't balding like I though but my hairline was only maturing, otherwise some oil and needles wouldn't have been able to keep up and even regrow everything, no? The second thing is that some thin vellus hair I always had on my forehead as somehow visible is now thick and long ( but still not comparable with the hair on the head ) underneath my initial hairline. I'm a very hairy person and I feel that my velus hair is thicker all over my body than on the average person, and this makes me think that maybe I can grow my hairline lower than it was initially. But this sounds very dumb as everyone should have in theory vellus hair all over their forehead, yet I haven't heard of someone to lower that hairline like this. Should I get on minoxidil and try to see if I can speed up the process? Or will minoxidil only cause the shedding of the vellus hair on the forehead and not regrow terminal hair?

• +1
Reactions: PhuccinManlet
can I get the hairline I had at 15 back with minox, peppermint oil or microneedling?

Afaik minoxidil can't make scalp hair regrowth permanent, you have to keep it doing it.
It only makes it terminal for the beard & eyebrows

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
what percentage peppermint oil do you use and how do you apply

can I get the hairline I had at 15 back with minox, peppermint oil or microneedling?
If you're balding since 15 it will most likely not work that good for you, except if you're fine with doing microneedling once a day and peppermint oil twice imo. I think I have good results only because I wasn't actually balding like I said but I refuse to believe peppermint oil can be as effective as minoxidil, and this forgetting about the fact you need a legit dht blocker like fin

• JFL
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
If you're balding since 15 it will most likely not work that good for you, except if you're fine with doing microneedling once a day and peppermint oil twice imo. I think I have good results only because I wasn't actually balding like I said but I refuse to believe peppermint oil can be as effective as minoxidil, and this forgetting about the fact you need a legit dht blocker like fin
nono im not balding I just have mature hairline now I'm 20

• +1
Afaik minoxidil can't make scalp hair regrowth permanent, you have to keep it doing it.
why though

what percentage peppermint oil do you use and how do you apply
Tbh Im not sure because I haven't measured, but Im appliying like two drops of a bottle of 30ml on every side and on the centre of the hairline. I guess a drop is like 0.5ml.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: JohnMett and Cali Yuga
nono im not balding I just have mature hairline now I'm 20
Hmm, I said that because the hairline usually starts to mature at 17 but it's not a rule it depends on when u start puberty I think

Hmm, I said that because the hairline usually starts to mature at 17 but it's not a rule it depends on when u start puberty I think
ok. is hair transplant needed for my case?

Well that's what makes this so interesting to me because I'm talking about growing forehead hair I have where I never had my hairline before, so I'm not sure if I will get similar results as on my eyebrows or as on my scalp.

ok. is hair transplant needed for my case?
If you're sure your hairline is only maturing and not receeding anymore ( you're not past norwood 1.5 let's say ) then you won't need a transplant , I'm basically in the same boat and peppermint alone has almost fixed my hairline lol.

• Love it
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
Tbh Im not sure because I haven't measured, but Im appliying like two drops of a bottle of 30ml on every side and on the centre of the hairline. I guess a drop is like 0.5ml.
you dont dilute it?

you dont dilute it?
Nah diluting it will only reduce the effects. The foids writing articles about this say to dilute it for pussies who can't take a bit of burn feeling on their face , but it is so minor that it isn't worth it. I actually barely feel it anymore.

Ive been on minox for 3,5 months and I have noticed the baby hairs on my hairline and temples have gotten darker and thicker and they started growing, pretty much like normal hair. Obv its not anything drastic, but I haven't applied directly on my hairline anyway

• Love it
Ive been on minox for 3,5 months and I have noticed the baby hairs on my hairline and temples have gotten darker and thicker and they started growing, pretty much like normal hair. Obv its not anything drastic, but I haven't applied directly on my hairline anyway
Damn that's very promising if you're talking about the baby hair that was always under your hairline . I don't care if I have to do minox for life but Il do anything I can to lower my four finger forehead

Damn that's very promising if you're talking about the baby hair that was always under your hairline . I don't care if I have to do minox for life but Il do anything I can to lower my four finger forehead
Screenshot 54

im talking about these
ill update you when they grow more

• +1
I'm doing peppermint oil daily and dermarolling once a week since two months and I have observed two things:first that I wasn't balding like I though but my hairline was only maturing, otherwise some oil and needles wouldn't have been able to keep up and even regrow everything, no? The second thing is that some thin vellus hair I always had on my forehead as somehow visible is now thick and long ( but still not comparable with the hair on the head ) underneath my initial hairline. I'm a very hairy person and I feel that my velus hair is thicker all over my body than on the average person, and this makes me think that maybe I can grow my hairline lower than it was initially. But this sounds very dumb as everyone should have in theory vellus hair all over their forehead, yet I haven't heard of someone to lower that hairline like this. Should I get on minoxidil and try to see if I can speed up the process? Or will minoxidil only cause the shedding of the vellus hair on the forehead and not regrow terminal hair?
YES! My arms are now hairy AF!