Can shit sleep for a long period cause hairloss and decrease in testosterone?

Deleted member 281

Deleted member 281

PhD in LDARing.
I haven't been sleeping properly for the past few weeks. Could this be cause of my hairloss? I also look less lean compared to 2 months ago. Could this also be due to lack of sleep?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Bad sleep will affect testosterone instantly.
It also causes hairloss.

Sleep is important

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
It also causes hairloss.

Sleep is important
Well shit, my sleep schedule has been beyond fucked, need some melatonin asap.

• +1
Well shit, my sleep schedule has been beyond fucked, need some melatonin asap.
I'll buy some today for myself too. I wanna feel what 11 hours of sleep feels like tbh

• +1
I'll buy some today for myself too. I wanna feel what 11 hours of sleep feels like tbh
We are actually supposed to sleep as soon as the sun goes down and not wake up until it rises, thats what nature wants. But humans are stupid.
I wanna feel what 11 hours of sleep feels like tbh
I wish i could.:feelscry:

• +1
It also causes hairloss.

Sleep is important
the damage can be undone right?

• +1
We are actually supposed to sleep as soon as the sun goes down and not wake up until it rises, thats what nature wants. But humans are stupid.

I wish i could.:feelscry:
Humans used to sleep in 2 shifts throughout much of history, maybe you should try that. 11 hours of continuous sleep is also unhealthy and makes you feel shit. I get 11-12 hours of sleep everyday but I still feel like a zombie. So my recommendation is you experiment with different sleep times and find whichever suits you best then try to divide that sleep into 2 or 3 segments. For more information research biphasic sleep.

• +1
It also causes hairloss.

Sleep is important
Exactly this

• +1
Shit sleep is something to be avoided, especially in long-term perspective. Ofc it could lead to some problems, testosterone and hair, for example.

• +1
@kantero I agree. Drink plenty of warm water and tea

• +1
I haven't been sleeping properly for the past few weeks. Could this be cause of my hairloss? I also look less lean compared to 2 months ago. Could this also be due to lack of sleep?
Stress can cause reversible hairloss and loss of sleep it will also drop your test levels

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 281
When your body stops repairing/rebuilding itself it decomposes. That's pretty much what happens when you die. Ever seen a cadaver have nice hair? It does most of its repair during sleep. It barely maintains itself while awake.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 281
Humans used to sleep in 2 shifts throughout much of history, maybe you should try that. 11 hours of continuous sleep is also unhealthy and makes you feel shit. I get 11-12 hours of sleep everyday but I still feel like a zombie. So my recommendation is you experiment with different sleep times and find whichever suits you best then try to divide that sleep into 2 or 3 segments. For more information research biphasic sleep.
Unfortunately i cant do that.
@kantero I agree. Drink plenty of warm water and tea
Tea has caffeine bro. Makes my situation worse.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • +1
What is your hairloss like? Not trying to fearmonger but there's always the possibility of mpb (i.e balding). I know because I was delusional about it for a bit and then started the meds.

• +1
What is your hairloss like? Not trying to fearmonger but there's always the possibility of mpb (i.e balding). I know because I was delusional about it for a bit and then started the meds.
A little bit of thinning on the crown.

• +1
hm, tough to say.
Iv had it before many times, even as young as 13 however it never gets any worse, just better, but through times of excessive stress and sleep deprivation it returns.

• +1
Start saving for hair transplant

• +1
this is suifuel. My sleep patterns been fucked for the past 10 years. No wonder I'm baldcelling

• +1
11-12 is too much. I also get tired when I sleep that much. 9-10 Hours is key.

• +1