Can you get a Rhinoplasty after getting a Septoplasty and Turbinoplasty? Should I wait and do it after my trimax?

D

Deleted member 26092

Mistral
So I got a septoplasty and Turbinoplasty for better breathing covered by insurance and am currently sitting through moderate pain in hospital.
Beforehand I was offered a rhinoplasty with it though, sadly it was not covered by insurance.
Because I‘m not 18 yet and didn’t have enough money my mother said I should get it later with a qualified “plastic surgeon“ so we didn‘t do it.
I even begged her but she insisted on her decision.
Altogether this will still be a big help in my looksmaxxing journey as this will finally cease the reason for my frequent moutbreathing in childhood and early teens, plus give me better breathing and sleeping quality.
Would it still be possible for me to get rhinoplasty after this, even if they removed some cartilage and a little bit of bone?
And should I wait after my trimax to do the rhinoplasty?
Because I‘ve heard bimax can change your nose and remove your dorsal hump.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and nulll
Wtf is a turbinoplasty?

4cf46d6a3996900af0ccd54602f3d8d3.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: LowTrust, Deleted member 26092 and Deleted member 27464
So I got a septoplasty and Turbinoplasty for better breathing covered by insurance and am currently sitting through moderate pain in hospital.
Beforehand I was offered a rhinoplasty with it though, sadly it was not covered by insurance.
Because I‘m not 18 yet and didn’t have enough money my mother said I should get it later with a qualified “plastic surgeon“ so we didn‘t do it.
I even begged her but she insisted on her decision.
Altogether this will still be a big help in my looksmaxxing journey as this will finally cease the reason for my frequent moutbreathing in childhood and early teens, plus give me better breathing and sleeping quality.
Would it still be possible for me to get rhinoplasty after this, even if they removed some cartilage and a little bit of bone?
And should I wait after my trimax to do the rhinoplasty?
Because I‘ve heard bimax can change your nose and remove your dorsal hump.
What's a turbinoplasty ? Never ever heard of it

• +1
Reactions: Majkal
What's a turbinoplasty ? Never ever heard of it
Turbinates are small structures inside the nose that cleanse and humidify air that passes through the nostrils into the lungs. Basically when they‘re too big for your nose or when they swell up too mich they can block your nose breathing and airways.
This also contributed to my moutbreathing and cranofacial recession which started in childhood.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
my mother said I should get it later with a qualified “plastic surgeon“ so we didn‘t do it.
Good for her. She was right. Some rando surgeon would have surely botched you.

Yes, you can still get rhino. Yes, you should wait until after bimax.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26092
Good for her. She was right. Some rando surgeon would have surely botched you.

Yes, you can still get rhino. Yes, you should wait until after bimax.
Even if they removed some cartilage?

Okay thanks man.
But I‘m kinda scared now, it‘s currently the second day since my surgery and I can still only mouthbreath.
I‘m scared I might develop empty nose Syndrom.