Can you shorten your philtrum (surgically) without making the upper lip bigger?

Deleted member 3202

Deleted member 3202

Motivatemaxxing
I was wondering because my lips are perfect, but I don't want to ruin them.

I dont think so but it was something with nose Idk what it was

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer and Deleted member 3202
Yes. Some lip lifts are done by cutting skin and not pulling your lips. Some users have already talked about it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Lip lift together with lip reduction will make job.

• +1
Reactions: cococola, kota and Deleted member 3202
You have to ask, there is probably many docs who will perform that.
Will surgically correcting a slightly downturned mouth shorten the philtrum a little? Because I have both an 18-19mm philtrum, 50mm wide mouth, slightly downturned mouth and a nose that points up a little. I also have high nostrils, if that effects anything.

Will surgically correcting a slightly downturned mouth shorten the philtrum a little? Because I have both an 18-19mm philtrum, 50mm wide mouth, slightly downturned mouth and a nose that points up a little. I also have high nostrils, if that effects anything.
Yeah it will create illusion of longer philtrum. Imo 13-15cm philtrum is perfect, i would go for 14.

Yeah it will create illusion of longer philtrum. Imo 13-15cm philtrum is perfect, i would go for 14.
Yeah, 14 is perfect for my chin height, which is 42mm tall. Thanks for the information, very helpful. Although, I don't know if that would look right now that I think of it. . . . . Since my nose is 55 mm long. Anyway, I'll figure out the last part.

Yeah, 14 is perfect for my chin height, which is 42mm tall. Thanks for the information, very helpful. Although, I don't know if that would look right now that I think of it. . . . . Since my nose is 55 mm long. Anyway, I'll figure out the last part.
Do morphs, they arent hard to create. Also you probably have long midface, 55mm nose together with 18mm philtrum is way too much. Would recommend shortening philtrum to 13mm and then reducing a bit of nose.

Do morphs, they arent hard to create. Also you probably have long midface, 55mm nose together with 18mm philtrum is way too much. Would recommend shortening philtrum to 13mm and then reducing a bit of nose.
How would you reduce the nose? I thought that was impossible to do.

How would you reduce the nose? I thought that was impossible to do.
Experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can reduce a bit of nose lenght (it wont reduce your midface lenght, just nose lenght). It can make your philtrum appear long again BUT... long philtrum mogs long nose to oblivion.
Also if you really want to shorten midface in nose area then Lefort 2/3 would do job (i know that no one will ever get it, just saying if curious) by pushing ur entire face forward which will cause shortening.

• +1
Experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can reduce a bit of nose lenght (it wont reduce your midface lenght, just nose lenght). It can make your philtrum appear long again BUT... long philtrum mogs long nose to oblivion.
Also if you really want to shorten midface in nose area then Lefort 2/3 would do job (i know that no one will ever get it, just saying if curious) by pushing ur entire face forward which will cause shortening.
Do you think facepuller could work for the nose? If you set it up to pull forwards and upwards?

Do you think facepuller could work for the nose? If you set it up to pull forwards and upwards?
You have to ask @CopeAndRope or other forum expert in this case. Never considered facepuller or something. Im planning to shorten philtrum by 3mm which will make my proportions look like 13.5mm philtrum and 46.5mm nose.

• +1
Just get a rhinoplasty and ask them to lower the tip and make the septum lower

• +1
You have to ask @CopeAndRope or other forum expert in this case. Never considered facepuller or something. Im planning to shorten philtrum by 3mm which will make my proportions look like 13.5mm philtrum and 46.5mm nose.
Oh last thing, my IPD is 6.3 and my midface turns out to be 7.5mm long (if I trimmed off 6mm of philtrum then my midface would be 6.9mm). I have a 1.19 midface ratio currently. However, if I do get my philtrum shortened, the midface ratio will be 1.09.

Oh last thing, my IPD is 6.3 and my midface turns out to be 7.5mm long (if I trimmed off 6mm of philtrum then my midface would be 6.9mm). I have a 1.19 midface ratio currently. However, if I do get my philtrum shortened, the midface ratio will be 1.09.
No bro, u have 0.84 ratio

• +1
Reactions: Potentialcel and Deleted member 3202
No, ask everyone. Midface ratio = IPD/pupil to upper lip
When I measured, I did it from nasion to upper lip/pupil to pupil. I thought that was the correct way.

When I measured, I did it from nasion to upper lip/pupil to pupil. I thought that was the correct way.
Here you go bro
ZnBin8B

How do I measure it when my nasion is above the pupils? the same way?
Yeah. Basically nose lenght is measured from pupil level always.

• +1
"measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the height of the nasion to the upper lip. the closer to 1:1 this is, the better."
Received 520317615224593

This is nasion height

• +1
  • +1
No, from pupil always
Thank fucking goodness, you are a fucking life saver. My midface ratio is 1.11, fucking thank you man, I owe you one.

Thought 55mm nose was average?

Thought 55mm nose was average?
Yeah it is, in my opinion it looks too twinkish if it's too small. Although, some girls do like twinks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962
Interesting shit, since lip lift is my third surgery to get i will ask my doctor if he could after perform traditional lip lift, correct it lips changes via cutting skin from the inside part of the mouth on the philtrum area, and then pulling it also from in, what would by the logic give back the original tilt of the lip.

• +1
Interesting shit, since lip lift is my third surgery to get i will ask my doctor if he could after perform traditional lip lift, correct it lips changes via cutting skin from the inside part of the mouth on the philtrum area, and then pulling it also from in, what would by the logic give back the original tilt of the lip.

Interesting, do you think that some doctors won’t Take a large amount of skin? My philitrum falos me hard even from a side profile it looks off, nose is 53mm, and looks short. My philitrum is currently 19-20mm. What if you want some more top lip say you have a thinish upper lip. Thanks

• +1
Go to realself.com and ask there

Interesting, do you think that some doctors won’t Take a large amount of skin? My philitrum falos me hard even from a side profile it looks off, nose is 53mm, and looks short. My philitrum is currently 19-20mm. What if you want some more top lip say you have a thinish upper lip. Thanks

The traditional lip lift will make your lip thicker, so, good for u.
Go to realself.com and ask there

Tbh, no one here looksmax.

A lip lift is your friend then, I believe it'll simultaneously thicken your upper lip and shorten your philtrum. Also, is your philtrum flat or is it concave? Which country do you live in?

A lip lift is your friend then, I believe it'll simultaneously thicken your upper lip and shorten your philtrum. Also, is your philtrum flat or is it concave? Which country do you live in?
its fairly concaved, not sure if thats a good thing? im in the UK, found a place where its 1k around 1.4k dollars going to get a consultation in January late, then get it done hopefully.

• +1
its fairly concaved, not sure if thats a good thing? im in the UK, found a place where its 1k around 1.4k dollars going to get a consultation in January late, then get it done hopefully.
Concave is ideal, it lessens the severity of a long philtrum, what's your chin height? This should help determine how much you should shorten your philtrum. Also, what is your midface ratio, ESR (Eye Separation Ratio) and FWHR (Facial Width to Height Ratio)? These are also important factors to consider before going under the knife for philtrum reduction.

Concave is ideal, it lessens the severity of a long philtrum, what's your chin height? This should help determine how much you should shorten your philtrum. Also, what is your midface ratio, ESR (Eye Separation Ratio) and FWHR (Facial Width to Height Ratio)? These are also important factors to consider before going under the knife for philtrum reduction.
My chin is fairly large just about 50mm, square but not very masculine, like pretty boy type squarefwhr is 1.7 and midface is .95, I’d wanna get it down to 15mm ideally or a bit shorter, and my midface would be 1.0 or a bit less. Need to add more width also Zygo implants would go a far way

nuh bro its under 0.9 ur close to death ratio

Thank fucking goodness, you are a fucking life saver. My midface ratio is 1.11, fucking thank you man, I owe you one.
probably isnt, do u have long or short midface