Cavities are mostly Genetics

rubberduck

rubberduck

Diamond
Flossing, brushing, etc are a small part of the equation, cavities are mostly determined by genetics. Science says 60% of it is genetics if you look it up. I brush my teeth twice per day and floss everyday and have cavities every time I go to the dentist. Many people never floss and never get a cavity

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MaestheticMaso, LooksThinker, Deleted member 51465 and 6 others
you are so autistic

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Meteor21, Deleted member 60975, NoReedemingFeature and 1 other person
you are so autistic
Lol if you’ve seen photos through my life on the org servers you’d know I’m one of the most NT on this site, I didn’t even know what the term NT was until a month into being on here

• JFL
Reactions: lilith
my father says the same thing. i believe it to be all cope

my father says the same thing. i believe it to be all cope
Flossing & brushing to be cope or it being genetic to be cope? It being genetic would be the opposite of cope, it would be something everyone thinks is totally in their control actually being genetic. I swear nobody I know irl even flosses their teeth

brushing teeth is cope
it actually contributes to tooth decay tbh

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: PoopyFaceTomatoNose, Never Get Up, ElTruecel and 4 others
Yeah I agree. I think fluoride is actually helpful in people with poor teeth genetics. For most people it isn’t necessary but for people who are genetically predisposed to cavities and rotting teeth, I think fluoride and flossing are necessary if you intend on keeping your teeth

• +1
Reactions: PoopyFaceTomatoNose, murdah and rubberduck
Flossing & brushing to be cope or it being genetic to be cope? It being genetic would be the opposite of cope, it would be something everyone thinks is totally in their control actually being genetic. I swear nobody I know irl even flosses their teeth
it being genetic

you dont need to brush your teeth or use anything else on it if you eat good food that actually digests and deosnt ferment into bad smells.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, murdah and rubberduck
I think they are influenced by your immune system as well, I used to be very skinny and even though I had a healthy lifestyle, ate good food, stayed away from sugar, brushed my teeth, etc. I still got cavities along with other minor health problems, infections, I would often catch colds, etc.
One day I said "fuck it!", started to eat junk food, drink alcohol every day, stopped exercising, etc...In three months I put around 10kg of fat on me, but something miraculous happened - my minor health problems disappeared, no more cavities, no more colds, apparently your body fat has an important role in the immune system and it's much healthier to have a little fat on you, than to be very skinny.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, TechnoBoss, PoopyFaceTomatoNose and 1 other person
I think they are influenced by your immune system as well, I used to be very skinny and even though I had a healthy lifestyle, ate good food, stayed away from sugar, brushed my teeth, etc. I still got cavities along with other minor health problems, infections, I would often catch colds, etc.
One day I said "fuck it!", started to eat junk food, drink alcohol every day, stopped exercising, etc...In three months I put around 10kg of fat on me, but something miraculous happened - my minor health problems disappeared, no more cavities, no more colds, apparently your body fat has an important role in the immune system and it's much healthier to have a little fat on you, than to be very skinny.
McDonald’s diet undefeated

• JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Gonthar
Flossing, brushing, etc are a small part of the equation, cavities are mostly determined by genetics. Science says 60% of it is genetics if you look it up. I brush my teeth twice per day and floss everyday and have cavities every time I go to the dentist. Many people never floss and never get a cavity
this is true i never had cavities before my sister did though what i did always have was plaque but my sister never had that its mostly genetics at that point i brush fine but in literally a day plaque will build up like crazy its so fucking annoying

Legit. I had a period in HS where I was super depressed and went a good month without brushing, but I've never had a cavity. Then whereas I have a friend who ended up with like 5 cavities when he was 7. It's brutal, I hate the idea of losing or damaging my teeth, so I always stay on top of shit now.

Never had a cavity in my life and I only brush once a day.

But honestly who cares? Just moneymaxx and get fake teeth.

zero cavities at age 31.

Never had a cavity in my life and I only brush once a day.

But honestly who cares? Just moneymaxx and get fake teeth.
Fake teeth aren't good. Detrimental for facial structure.

Teeth are more important than just having good teeth. Losing teeth can be so detrimental for facial structure. Cavities aren't really an issue but they can definitely lead to great issues if untreated.

I think majority of it is genetic but environments certainly play a large role.

Brush teeth circular motions for 2 minutes minimum (ideally 3 minutes).

Use good toothpaste.

Floss 1x at night before brushing.

Scrape tongue 2x a day.

Spit toothpaste out instead of rinsing mouth with water. Also wait 30 minutes before and after brushing when eating and drinking.

Use hydrogen peroxide to clean toothbrush once a week.

Chew sugar free gum containing xylitol.

Eat foods good for teeth and drink plenty of water.

Don't mouth breath, especially during sleep and use a humidifier in your room to add moisture to the air.

It's genetic, but I can guarantee most people are making these environmental mistakes to give them decay. Decay in the enamel can be reversed so keep that in mind.

My Dentist Said I have the best teeth Hes ever Seen.

• Woah
Reactions: Magnum Opus
Have you tried a waterpik?

People do not suffer from tooth decay at all times and not all over the world. In order for tooth decay to occur, four important prerequisites must come together:

-presence of a host (tooth),

-cariogenic Microorganisms (Streptococcus mutans),

-a substrate: di- and monosaccharides (sugar)

-Sufficient exposure time for the sugars or acids. (Change in pH, acid is created after 20mins which builds plaque)

If one of these prerequisites is missing, tooth decay cannot develop, as has been proven in a variety of animal experiments and worldwide studies. These four root causes can in turn be promoted or worsened by various factors (Section 11.2.2).

The host

It's very simple: without teeth, tooth decay cannot occur. Newborns without teeth do not have tooth decay. The structure of the host can be hardened and more acid-resistant through the incorporation of fluoride.

Cariogenic microorganisms

The oral flora is made up of different strains of bacteria. The bacteria primarily responsible for tooth decay are Streptococcus mutans (Overview 11.1). They form lactic acid from sugars, which demineralizes tooth enamel. (Experiments on sterilely raised rats showed that no caries occurred even with massive sugar intake.)

Source:
https://4qfbupj1xl.zlib-cdn.com/dl2...usbildung und beratung in der apothekenpraxis
(p. 268, it‘s german tho)

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: rubberduck and Eternal_
People do not suffer from tooth decay at all times and not all over the world. In order for tooth decay to occur, four important prerequisites must come together:

-presence of a host (tooth),

-cariogenic Microorganisms (Streptococcus mutans),

-a substrate: di- and monosaccharides (sugar)

-Sufficient exposure time for the sugars or acids. (Change in pH, acid is created after 20mins which builds plaque)

If one of these prerequisites is missing, tooth decay cannot develop, as has been proven in a variety of animal experiments and worldwide studies. These four root causes can in turn be promoted or worsened by various factors (Section 11.2.2).

The host

It's very simple: without teeth, tooth decay cannot occur. Newborns without teeth do not have tooth decay. The structure of the host can be hardened and more acid-resistant through the incorporation of fluoride.

Cariogenic microorganisms

The oral flora is made up of different strains of bacteria. The bacteria primarily responsible for tooth decay are Streptococcus mutans (Overview 11.1). They form lactic acid from sugars, which demineralizes tooth enamel. (Experiments on sterilely raised rats showed that no caries occurred even with massive sugar intake.)

Source:
https://4qfbupj1xl.zlib-cdn.com/dl2.php?id=184747802&h=0e3a98b984491cead88b47668d10d685&u=cache&ext=pdf&n=Korperpflegekunde und kosmetik ein lehrbuch fur die pta-ausbildung und beratung in der apothekenpraxis
(p. 268, it‘s german tho)
Agree. This is why I still use fluoride toothpaste. Even though it’s not really good for you, I think it’s mandatory for people with poor teeth genetics. People that aren’t genetically prone to cavities shouldn’t be using fluoride toothpaste though, imo.