Cheekbone implants VS cheekbone osteotomy?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
As far as I am aware, osteotomy can only give lateral projection, but I am unsure if they will give a bloated or a sharp and augmented look.

As for the implants, obviously I am talking about custom made ones, I've seen many good results, but I've also seen people like @Artemis claim how they don't look natural on average, while people like @RealSurgerymax claim that they do.

So, regardless of the price, which of these 2 are more worth it in terms of lateral projection?

• +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro
Solution
WanderingBurro
Sandwich osteotomy1
Sandwich osteotomy2

Cheekbone osteotomy

vs.

Cheekbone implant

Malar shell implant1
Malar shell implant3

You'd be correct in that unless you're preforming a Lefort III cheekbones can only be augmented laterally through an osteotomy (sandwich osteotomy in this case) though in most cases that's what you'd want so you can get definition and minimise a bloated look

Implants that are lowset and give anterior projection usually look bloated and resemble bad filler jobs. Our cheekbones aren't that low and full normally so it looks goofy as hell

Submalar implant1

High set lateral projection is usually the best route to go for a more natural look. Even if this guy still looks like a decaying corpse the cheekbones still look entirely natural and have...
Sandwich osteotomy1
Sandwich osteotomy2

Cheekbone osteotomy

vs.

Cheekbone implant

Malar shell implant1
Malar shell implant3

You'd be correct in that unless you're preforming a Lefort III cheekbones can only be augmented laterally through an osteotomy (sandwich osteotomy in this case) though in most cases that's what you'd want so you can get definition and minimise a bloated look

Implants that are lowset and give anterior projection usually look bloated and resemble bad filler jobs. Our cheekbones aren't that low and full normally so it looks goofy as hell

Submalar implant1

High set lateral projection is usually the best route to go for a more natural look. Even if this guy still looks like a decaying corpse the cheekbones still look entirely natural and have added definition

Cheek implants 3

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Solution
View attachment 2239065View attachment 2239066
Cheekbone osteotomy

vs.

Cheekbone implant

View attachment 2239067View attachment 2239069

View attachment 2239076

High set lateral projection is usually the best route to go for a more natural look. Even if this guy still looks like a decaying corpse the cheekbones still look entirely natural and have added definition

View attachment 2239077
Thanks for an answer, helped a lot. Is it possible to have an osteotomy and an implant at the same time? For example, osteotomy for a lateral change and an implant for an anterior one?

• +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro
Thanks for an answer, helped a lot. Is it possible to have an osteotomy and an implant at the same time? For example, osteotomy for a lateral change and an implant for an anterior one?
I'm not too sure what would be stopping you though I'd maybe just go with impants if both are needed to get both done and dealt with at the same time. Combining implants with osteotomies will become pricey pretty quick imo

• +1
Implants for sure as you can add different amount of augmentation to different parts ie. the infraorbital rim, lateral portion, forward/anterior portion, etc. The only reason osteotomy can be better on jaws vs implants is that most people need their jaws repositioned before they add projection which isn't really an issue with cheekbones. Also, I asked Andreishev about ZSO and he said it's limited by the existing size/thickness of your actual cheekbones which isn't an issue with implants.

• +1
Implants for sure as you can add different amount of augmentation to different parts ie. the infraorbital rim, lateral portion, forward/anterior portion, etc. The only reason osteotomy can be better on jaws vs implants is that most people need their jaws repositioned before they add projection which isn't really an issue with cheekbones. Also, I asked Andreishev about ZSO and he said it's limited by the existing size/thickness of your actual cheekbones which isn't an issue with implants.
If I recall well, you talked about getting malar implants with Pagnoni? What happened with that, because you mentioned quite a big size once (around 7mm)?