CHEWING IS UNDERRATED NOWADAYS (correlation between masseter thickness and facial form)

if you aren't chewing idk wtf you doing ( muh it wont work )

here's the study :

ie strong masseters correlate with having a horizontally wide and vertically short skull.

strong masseters = small gonial angle

stresses exerted on the mandible will cause bone to be deposited there

if i interpreted this correctly then i think they are saying chewing forces deposit bone at the joint where the two halves of the mandible are fused and thus make it wider

this is nothing new

i was not expecting this. is it really possible chewing influences not only horizontal growth but also forward growth and growth at the mid palatal suture
So which teeth are the best to chew with for bone remodeling

if you aren't chewing idk wtf you doing ( muh it wont work )

here's the study :

ie strong masseters correlate with having a horizontally wide and vertically short skull.

strong masseters = small gonial angle

stresses exerted on the mandible will cause bone to be deposited there

if i interpreted this correctly then i think they are saying chewing forces deposit bone at the joint where the two halves of the mandible are fused and thus make it wider

this is nothing new

i was not expecting this. is it really possible chewing influences not only horizontal growth but also forward growth and growth at the mid palatal suture
I've been saying this before chewing is hella underated
how do you think these natives and pre industrial people had these mogger jaws? they were chewing on hard food all day long. after industrial revolution everyone became :soy:

I've been saying this before chewing is hella underated
how do you think these natives and pre industrial people had these mogger jaws? they were chewing on hard food all day long. after industrial revolution everyone became :soy:
based