CHEWING IS UNDERRATED NOWADAYS (correlation between masseter thickness and facial form)

Rivers of Nihil

Rivers of Nihil

gothic slayer
if you aren't chewing idk wtf you doing ( muh it wont work )

here's the study :

Masseter muscle thickness was found to be negatively correlated to vertical facial pattern and positively associated with transverse craniofacial morphology.
ie strong masseters correlate with having a horizontally wide and vertically short skull.

Mandibular plane angle and gonial angle showed significant (P < 0.01) negative correlation with MMTC for the total sample.
strong masseters = small gonial angle

the convex surface of angle of mandible tends to become minutely more concave with respect to its resting shape. This stimulates the osteoblastic activity and addition of bone matrix at the periosteal surface, gradually producing a more acute angle.

stresses exerted on the mandible will cause bone to be deposited there

the stimulating influence of masticatory pressure applied to bone tissue is important in the development of bone thickness at mandibular symphysis.
if i interpreted this correctly then i think they are saying chewing forces deposit bone at the joint where the two halves of the mandible are fused and thus make it wider

subjects with thick muscle have broader faces and wide arches.
this is nothing new

The increased loading of the jaws due to masticatory muscle hyperfunction may lead to increased sutural growth and bone apposition, resulting in an increased transversal growth of the maxilla
i was not expecting this. is it really possible chewing influences not only horizontal growth but also forward growth and growth at the mid palatal suture

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: heightmaxxing
What happens if you stop chewing?
I’ve read of some unlucky subhumans that fell for the chewing meme and wore down their molars and needed to get molar implants

I’ve read of some unlucky subhumans that fell for the chewing meme and wore down their molars and needed to get molar implants
just have normal oral volume , and normal dental arch and you're good

@Clavicular tag softmaxxers

Tongue strength could have a effect on facial form

IMG 6747

Long periods of Chewing may cause/stress TMJ issues

Tongue chewing could be a efficient replacement if you can’t chew for long periods of time

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj and ezio6
@Squirtle @emeraldglass
stick this lifefuel ?

strong masseters correlate with having a horizontally wide and vertically short skull.
do you have any clue what that means you utter dumbfuck? increasing your masseter size via exercises will not terraform your skull smh

do you have any clue what that means you utter dumbfuck? increasing your masseter size via exercises will not terraform your skull smh
increasing masseter size via changing life habits ( not only exercising ) will make changes to your mandible and ramus
as long as youre young enough id say below 20-23 years

Che
if you aren't chewing idk wtf you doing ( muh it wont work )

here's the study :

ie strong masseters correlate with having a horizontally wide and vertically short skull.

strong masseters = small gonial angle

stresses exerted on the mandible will cause bone to be deposited there

if i interpreted this correctly then i think they are saying chewing forces deposit bone at the joint where the two halves of the mandible are fused and thus make it wider

this is nothing new

i was not expecting this. is it really possible chewing influences not only horizontal growth but also forward growth and growth at the mid palatal suture
Chewing for days moggs

what if i already have too much horizontal growth but lack vertical growth, reverse chewing?? over for sfscel

It’s the stress placed on sutures from continuous bite force, masseter growth is just an extra

• +1
Reactions: prince_
No one here looksmaxxes besides like 5 ppl
unironically true jfl most people just post themselves asking about improvement than start coping and deny everything negative people say. honestly sad that some people need incel validation to feel attractive then after their confidence is boosted due to some random sub 3 calling them htn they have enough copium in their system to last a couple of days then they post again once their feeling insecure hoping for the same.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: axttt_, 97baHater, Clavicular and 2 others
Chewing is one of the best looksmaxxes yet people don’t have any patience to see results.

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and Clavicular
Chewing is one of the best looksmaxxes yet people don’t have any patience to see results.
based 2018cel , still didn't ascend bro ?

• +1
Reactions: Dodevu
These threads are the results of people who delude themselves that mewing etc. significantly changed the way they look, when treatment from women and other men hasn’t changed one bit.

• +1
Reactions: its_over
These threads are the results of people who delude themselves that mewing etc. significantly changed the way they look, when treatment from women and other men hasn’t changed one bit.
stop projecting :lul:

• +1
Reactions: 2008Looksmaxxer
dead srs

• JFL
Reactions: Allornothing
Wide faces are not ideal
Also you need bone not a fucking muscle that when is relaxed looks like shit
chewing remodels the mandible , did you read the fucking thread

chewing remodels the mandible , did you read the fucking thread
nigga you need a fucking haircut to look less homeless and to leave this fucking site
But you are worried about chewing to change 1 mm of bone and not to talk to girls nigga
Did I said nigga?

nigga you need a fucking haircut to look less homeless and to leave this fucking site
But you are worried about chewing to change 1 mm of bone and not to talk to girls nigga
Did I said nigga?
nigga i am not here to "ascend" to talk to girls , i already slay girls
i want more , more looks , more halo
coz aesthetics are a literal art
right buddy ?
also i am contributing to this shithole and for ppl who actually want to looksmaxx

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: oxymoron, Narcissus🥀 and Allornothing
How do U lose Ur molar teeths from not chewing

nigga i am not here to "ascend" to talk to girls , i already slay girls
i want more , more looks , more halo
coz aesthetics are a literal art
right buddy ?
also i am contributing to this shithole and for ppl who actually want to looksmaxx
Chewing won’t ascend you, start looking into something deeper because you are past puberty
Learn more about osteotomies, implants…
The rest is cope (except for some softmaxx)
Good luck chewing hard gum 3 hours and day and be perma bloated

Chewing won’t ascend you, start looking into something deeper because you are past puberty
Learn more about osteotomies, implants…
The rest is cope (except for some softmaxx)
Good luck chewing hard gum 3 hours and day and be perma bloated
WIN 20240201 221558

Wide faces are not ideal
Also you need bone not a fucking muscle that when is relaxed looks like shit
true but its still better to have muscle with shitty bones then to have neither

• +1
Reactions: Rivers of Nihil
unironically true jfl most people just post themselves asking about improvement than start coping and deny everything negative people say. honestly sad that some people need incel validation to feel attractive then after their confidence is boosted due to some random sub 3 calling them htn they have enough copium in their system to last a couple of days then they post again once their feeling insecure hoping for the same.
jfl flashback to this one turk posting himself 6 times per day asking for ratings and every single rating was MTN or lower and he would reply "cope you know im HTN"

jfl flashback to this one turk posting himself 6 times per day asking for ratings and every single rating was MTN or lower and he would reply "cope you know im HTN"
funky flamingo ?

• +1
Reactions: 2008Looksmaxxer
jfl thats exactly the type of shit im talking about. Imagine being slow enough to make an account here just for coping. the trade off here is sanity since this site makes people autistic for looks yet some people just lose their sanity and continue to cope still. brutal tbh. also to be fair its rare to get helpful responses from a "how can i improve?"post its mostly just people with 10k+ posts asking for a mod to ban you or sum other stupid shit.

increasing masseter size via changing life habits ( not only exercising ) will make changes to your mandible and ramus
as long as youre young enough id say below 20-23 years
no it won't jfl, if you're past puberty your bonemass is set in stone pretty much

no it won't jfl, if you're past puberty your bonemass is set in stone pretty much
Facial bone growth typically stops in late adolescence to early adulthood. For most people, this occurs around the ages of 18 to 21, although there can be variations among individuals. By this time, the facial bones have usually reached their full adult size and shape. However, there may be subtle changes that continue to occur throughout adulthood due to factors such as aging, hormonal changes, and lifestyle habits.

Whenever I chew one jaw muscle grows at a faster rate than the other. Even if I focus on chewing with the smaller muscle side

Whenever I chew one jaw muscle grows at a faster rate than the other. Even if I focus on chewing with the smaller muscle side
i kinda have the same problem
its because your dental arch is so symmetrical , that causes the force to be uneven depending on the side