Chewing to correct masseter muscle asymmetry

chadintraining

chadintraining

Zephir
What type of chewing should I do to correct my masseter muscle asymmetry

And before y'all say it is genes, I chewed on only one side of my jaw for multiple years during my childhood, which caused one of my muscles to become way more developed. I can feel a difference in the amount of force the muscles have when chewing.

I have also seen my x-rays, and my jawbone is perfectly symmetrical, along with gonion flare and ramus length

Last edited:

And before y'all say it is genes, I chewed on only one side of my jaw for multiple years during my childhood, which caused one of my muscles to become way more developed. I can feel a difference in the amount of force the muscles have when chewing.

I have also seen my x-rays, and my jawbone is perfectly symmetrical, along with gonion flare and ramus length
I just chew with the molars on my weaker side tbh

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining
I just chew with the molars on my weaker side tbh
That was what I was thinking too

However, I believe my upper masseters are about equal in size, but my lowers are very different in size

I was wondering if there was something else I should do in this situation

That was what I was thinking too

However, I believe my upper masseters are about equal in size, but my lowers are very different in size

I was wondering if there was something else I should do in this situation
Wdym by upper and lower masseters?

Maybe chew on the weak side? It is common logic

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining and coispet
Maybe chew on the weak side? It is common logic
That is what I was thinking, I am wondering if chewing in only one side can cause other issues though

Molar chewing

The masseter muscle is two different muscles from what I have seen in the same area
nope

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining