Chin implant vs wraparound jaw implant

W

waterwater

Iron
A wraparound jaw implant with Eppley costs $18,000 and the recovery time to go back to work is 1.5-2 months and the total recovery time is six months.

A chin implant is $4,000-8,000 and the recovery time is 1 week. The surgeons in your hometown can probably perform this procedure.

Wouldn't it be better to get a chin implant and then later do lateral jaw implants if you need the jaw definition? In my case I have a nice wide jaw but I have a weak chin so I'll be working overtime for like 3 months and then will get a chin implant and will only have to take a week off work.

I don't seem to hear much about chin implants here, if anyone has before and after pics could they post them?

I mean I guess wraparound jaw implants are more about overall jaw definition. I guess if you want that overall jaw volume they're a better idea. If you're just doing it for more chin prominence and ramus size you could get those but I feel like it could leave you looking a bit comical.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
The biggest issue with off the shelf chin implants is they're difficult to place symmetrically, and the contour and dimensions may be less than ideal. Off the shelf silicone chin implants suck, off the shelf medpor can be good in experienced hands, and implantech has a new line of ePTFE (goretex) chin implants that look decent as well. But IMO if all you need augmented is your chin, a genioplasty is usually a better option, and it can be done relatively inexpensively by any competent oral surgeon.

There are custom implants everywhere in the world.