Clearing things out - Facial height and width

Deleted member 5892

Deleted member 5892

Requested ban, I'll be back soon

Someone made this thread and I wanted to clear things out. It's all about averageness.
If you wanna know if your face is too wide, too narrow, too long or too short, FWHR is not enough. FWHR only tells you how your midface height looks relative to your facial width.
What you need is Facial index and total facial index.

Pone0142914g001
Facial Index facial height to width ratio Significant asymmetry Vertical asymmetry was Q640

2 Table2 1

Gr2

Mesoprosopic is ideal (it's the average). A facial index btw 85-90 is ideal. Good looking people are almost always in this range, and if they aren't they will look odd.

Just wanted to make things clear for those who are interested in plastic surgery and want to analyze themselves objectively.

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_, Slob, Deleted member 16834 and 9 others
Yup.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 5892

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Deleted member 5892

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5892
Mine is 0.74 holy fuck its so over for my short face syndrome, whats yours @ifyouwannabemylover
ty for this thread though made me realise how much downgraft i need

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Deleted member 5892
Mine is 0.74 holy fuck its so over for my short face syndrome, whats yours @ifyouwannabemylover
ty for this thread though made me realise how much downgraft i need
idk I've never measured any facial ratios ever. just go by harmony. for the maxillary downgrafting I go by incisor show which would leave me at like 3-4mm maxillary downgrafting with some rotation I guess. remember doing too much would give you a gummy smile.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Slob and Deleted member 15827

Someone made this thread and I wanted to clear things out. It's all about averageness.
If you wanna know if your face is too wide, too narrow, too long or too short, FWHR is not enough. FWHR only tells you how your midface height looks relative to your facial width.
What you need is Facial index and total facial index.

View attachment 1615649View attachment 1615650
View attachment 1615651
View attachment 1615655
Mesoprosopic is ideal (it's the average). A facial index btw 85-90 is ideal. Good looking people are almost always in this range, and if they aren't they will look odd.

Just wanted to make things clear for those who are interested in plastic surgery and want to analyze themselves objectively.
can i calculate this with the metric system?
(sry for low iq question, i am low iq. (i mean i dont like math)

can i calculate this with the metric system?
(sry for low iq question, i am low iq. (i mean i dont like math)
Yeah of course. I use it myself

• +1
Reactions: exeight
i still dont get how i can take apporpriate pics for ratios and calculate them

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
wouldn’t this essentially be the same thing as TOTAL FWHR? which the ideal is 1.3-1.4.

Just have an ideal total fwhr and an ideal mid brow fwhr and you’ll be good no need for this facial index measurement?