Colgone guide/SmellMaxxing (if you really wanna call it that)

D

Deleted member 5830

Iron
While I’m not gonna claim smelling good will make you go from 1 psl to 8 psl but it definitely will not deter women because women don’t like dudes who smell like shit and sweaty balls. How you smell matters because as we all know, women are specific about pretty much everything. Also ngl smelling good just feels nice jfl.

Ok but enough of that, let’s actually get into what colognes are good vs what is bad

Colgones that are bad include ones that are shitty spray colognes that smell synthetic as fuck, like axe or old spice (old spice can be alright at times but generally designer colognes are better)
Now not gonna say to go with niche colognes unless you really have that type of money. I’d go with designer colognes. Are they expensive? Depending on what is expensive to you, they can range from many prices but a general scope for them are anywhere from $35-$60 for a decent/good one.

I’m gonna start with a low price range for people who dont wanna spend too much to smell really good. Then go up with price range based on what I own/know is good.

$10-$20 Price range:

Lucky You by Lucky Brand
The first one I personally like is Lucky You by Lucky Brand for men, have gotten many compliments from women with this one, smells like irish spring soap almost so it smells great and lasts a decent amount of time (about 4 hours). Also, ngl it’s cheap as hell so really you aren’t risking much by buying it. It’s more of a spring/summer fragrance but i wear it year round, I love putting it on my hoodies.
Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologn...=g&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google_us#126474

Ck One Shock

Great and cheap cologne that has a very sweet smell to it, great for winter and great to wear when going out with females. This one is $17 as of this thread being made so it’s not too bad of a starter fragrance for winter time. It has notes of cinnamon, vanilla, and slight cucumber (not really noticeable to me tbh)

Buy it here:

Lacoste Pour Homme

Now this one also smells pretty nice and unique, having eggplant as part of its fragrance notes. I wear this one every once and while and gotta say its pleasant and masculine
Buy it here: https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/lacoste/lacoste-pour-homme/edt#139388
$30-$40 price range:

Lacoste Mont Blanc
One of my favorites that I own ngl, which smells floral but also masucline, very appealing but honestly more suited for warm weather. Been complimented on it a few times as well. Highly recommend it if you live somewhere warm.
Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/lacoste/lacoste-eau-de-lacoste-l.12.12-blanc/edt#210710

Mont Blanc Legend Spirit

Nice, simple, and fresh. Enough said it smells very nice. I think this is good for any time of the year but will generally last longer in weather that is somewhere in the middle, good for office use imo

Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/mont-blanc/mont-blanc-legend-spirit/edt#284580

Now here are a few that are hard to find that retail for this range, and are highly recommended by me even if you have to shell out some more money

Bvlgari Aqva Amara

Hands down best summer fragrance mogs all the rest, smells like the ocean and oranges, smells so damn good too I literally love it, overall a casual scent and a mass appeal one at that with long lasting longevity and good projection, it mogs most of my fragrances tbh ngl
Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancex.com/products...ml?sid=baa5bs&src=googleShopping&currency=usd

Light Blue Intense

While not as good as bvlgari aqva amara, it is less of a casual fragrance and more of a date fragrance for the summer smells very nice and has great projection.

Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancex.com/products...ml?sid=lbei16&src=googleShopping&currency=usd

$40-$70 price range:

This is the highest i will go because i haven’t spent much more than this on a cologne but these ones are all really good ones.

Versace Eros
Extremely sweet smelling, women love this shit i swear, most compliments i've ever gotten on how I smell.One of the longest lasting colognes I own. Not very casual and strictly id say for winter and in spring is pushing it. DO NOT WEAR THIS IN HEAT IT WILL KILL EVERYONE AROUND JFL TRUST ME I KNOW

Buy it here:

L’homme Ideal Eau de Parfum Guerlain for men:

This cologne smells awesome and also unique, it has a sweet and spicy aroma to it with some cherry added in, lasts a long amount of time like Eros but less pervasive on the senses the Eros which isn’t a bad thing tbh. I’d say this one is good for when you go out somewhere real nice tbh

Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologn...=g&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google_us#313592

Now that I’ve gone over the ones I like the most out of the 25 I own, let’s go over the best way to go about getting good colognes that are worth the money.

Sample Testers are your friend

If you’re really on the fence about whether an expensive cologne is good or not go on ebay and buy a sample size, don’t go on scentbird unless you find a good deal compared to ebay.

Fragrance.Net usually has the best prices

In my experience, this site is usually your safest bet for authentic and fair prices on whatever cologne you would want/need.

When first starting out, buy one good fragrance instead of a few ok ones
I’d recommend buying a fragrance that is more safe full size rather than ones that are more specific in a full size, like my point above buy tester/sample sizes.

Fragrantica is a great source for info on any fragrance

This site will give you the details on most if not any fragrance you can buy, with basically all the info you need, what fragrance notes it has, longevity, time of day its best for, season it's best for, as well as detailed reviews from people who literally buy colognes all the time and have a good nose for it.

Now I’m also gonna cover what channels are good for cologne reviews

1. Jeremy Fragrance
Arguably the face of cologne reviewers, knows what is good and what isn’t, but watch out for his newer stuff because it seems he’s sold out some, I’d say his older videos are golden though

1. Chaos Fragrances
While not as well known this guy really knows what is good and is worth a watch

Tbh because it’s just cologne those two channels should suffice alongside the review sites.

Tips for when applying your cologne/fragrance
  1. Moisturizing your neck area will help the cologne last much much longer than it would normally
  2. Always spray the back of your neck if you want compliments
  3. Heat spots are the best spot to apply (left and right of the area by the neck is usually best
  4. Always spray your hoodies with cologne, then your hoodie will always smell great jfl
  5. Limit it to a max of 3-4 sprays, don’t go above that

Don’t think there’s much more I can really say on the topic, let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try to help.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Matheus, PhuccinManlet, Chintuck22 and 10 others
thoughts on molecule 01?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 5830
While I’m not gonna claim smelling good will make you go from 1 psl to 8 psl
The axe, smell industry sellers, beat you to it.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6113, EdwardCullen and Deleted member 5830
  • +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry
Nice thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5830 and Deleted member 7098
i usually wear Paco Raban - 1Million for clubbing, Chanel - Bleu de Chanel for normal days and Creed - Aventus for special occasions/meeting etc.

what i also liked was Bvlgari - Tyga, but that shit is stupid expensive and i won't buy it anymore

Anyone tried whatever chad pheremone Matt Damon used in Ocean's 13?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: No Bones Dax, Deleted member 5830 and EdwardCullen
French Showermaxx

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5830
ill just kill a wild musk and rub his nuts on me everytime i go out

• +1
Yes I smell good everywhere I go. I've become known for it now.
Very legit if you arent setting a standard for looking and smelling the best in your workplace, school or wherever you're compared to these normies are you even lookdmaxxing?,

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard and Deleted member 5830
While I’m not gonna claim smelling good will make you go from 1 psl to 8 psl but it definitely will not deter women because women don’t like dudes who smell like shit and sweaty balls. How you smell matters because as we all know, women are specific about pretty much everything. Also ngl smelling good just feels nice jfl.

Ok but enough of that, let’s actually get into what colognes are good vs what is bad

Colgones that are bad include ones that are shitty spray colognes that smell synthetic as fuck, like axe or old spice (old spice can be alright at times but generally designer colognes are better)
Now not gonna say to go with niche colognes unless you really have that type of money. I’d go with designer colognes. Are they expensive? Depending on what is expensive to you, they can range from many prices but a general scope for them are anywhere from $35-$60 for a decent/good one.

I’m gonna start with a low price range for people who dont wanna spend too much to smell really good. Then go up with price range based on what I own/know is good.

$10-$20 Price range:

Lucky You by Lucky Brand
The first one I personally like is Lucky You by Lucky Brand for men, have gotten many compliments from women with this one, smells like irish spring soap almost so it smells great and lasts a decent amount of time (about 4 hours). Also, ngl it’s cheap as hell so really you aren’t risking much by buying it. It’s more of a spring/summer fragrance but i wear it year round, I love putting it on my hoodies.
Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/lucky-brand/lucky-you/cologne?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwMP9BRCzARIsAPWTJ_F2flUgqr6v8zCpFBdI3vXBRPJ-ODKoWmf45mcg80OeZSDVjb1UTssaAgX2EALw_wcB&mv_pc=gawus_pla_c_g_1740087040_126474&utm_campaign=g&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google_us#126474

Ck One Shock

Great and cheap cologne that has a very sweet smell to it, great for winter and great to wear when going out with females. This one is $17 as of this thread being made so it’s not too bad of a starter fragrance for winter time. It has notes of cinnamon, vanilla, and slight cucumber (not really noticeable to me tbh)

Buy it here:

Lacoste Pour Homme

Now this one also smells pretty nice and unique, having eggplant as part of its fragrance notes. I wear this one every once and while and gotta say its pleasant and masculine
Buy it here: https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/lacoste/lacoste-pour-homme/edt#139388
$30-$40 price range:

Lacoste Mont Blanc
One of my favorites that I own ngl, which smells floral but also masucline, very appealing but honestly more suited for warm weather. Been complimented on it a few times as well. Highly recommend it if you live somewhere warm.
Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/lacoste/lacoste-eau-de-lacoste-l.12.12-blanc/edt#210710

Mont Blanc Legend Spirit

Nice, simple, and fresh. Enough said it smells very nice. I think this is good for any time of the year but will generally last longer in weather that is somewhere in the middle, good for office use imo

Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/mont-blanc/mont-blanc-legend-spirit/edt#284580

Now here are a few that are hard to find that retail for this range, and are highly recommended by me even if you have to shell out some more money

Bvlgari Aqva Amara

Hands down best summer fragrance mogs all the rest, smells like the ocean and oranges, smells so damn good too I literally love it, overall a casual scent and a mass appeal one at that with long lasting longevity and good projection, it mogs most of my fragrances tbh ngl
Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancex.com/products...ml?sid=baa5bs&src=googleShopping&currency=usd

Light Blue Intense

While not as good as bvlgari aqva amara, it is less of a casual fragrance and more of a date fragrance for the summer smells very nice and has great projection.

Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancex.com/products...ml?sid=lbei16&src=googleShopping&currency=usd

$40-$70 price range:

This is the highest i will go because i haven’t spent much more than this on a cologne but these ones are all really good ones.

Versace Eros
Extremely sweet smelling, women love this shit i swear, most compliments i've ever gotten on how I smell.One of the longest lasting colognes I own. Not very casual and strictly id say for winter and in spring is pushing it. DO NOT WEAR THIS IN HEAT IT WILL KILL EVERYONE AROUND JFL TRUST ME I KNOW

Buy it here:

L’homme Ideal Eau de Parfum Guerlain for men:

This cologne smells awesome and also unique, it has a sweet and spicy aroma to it with some cherry added in, lasts a long amount of time like Eros but less pervasive on the senses the Eros which isn’t a bad thing tbh. I’d say this one is good for when you go out somewhere real nice tbh

Buy it here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/guerlain/guerlain-lhomme-ideal/eau-de-parfum?gclid=Cj0KCQiA48j9BRC-ARIsAMQu3WRtd34rOHc4WtXNyZtSepx5py3mX2KnG-4AAE7ADH5mukHW_qVv2tMaAr_fEALw_wcB&mv_pc=gawus_pla_c_g_1740087040_313592&utm_campaign=g&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google_us#313592

Now that I’ve gone over the ones I like the most out of the 25 I own, let’s go over the best way to go about getting good colognes that are worth the money.

Sample Testers are your friend

If you’re really on the fence about whether an expensive cologne is good or not go on ebay and buy a sample size, don’t go on scentbird unless you find a good deal compared to ebay.

Fragrance.Net usually has the best prices

In my experience, this site is usually your safest bet for authentic and fair prices on whatever cologne you would want/need.

When first starting out, buy one good fragrance instead of a few ok ones
I’d recommend buying a fragrance that is more safe full size rather than ones that are more specific in a full size, like my point above buy tester/sample sizes.

Fragrantica is a great source for info on any fragrance

This site will give you the details on most if not any fragrance you can buy, with basically all the info you need, what fragrance notes it has, longevity, time of day its best for, season it's best for, as well as detailed reviews from people who literally buy colognes all the time and have a good nose for it.

Now I’m also gonna cover what channels are good for cologne reviews

1. Jeremy Fragrance
Arguably the face of cologne reviewers, knows what is good and what isn’t, but watch out for his newer stuff because it seems he’s sold out some, I’d say his older videos are golden though

1. Chaos Fragrances
While not as well known this guy really knows what is good and is worth a watch

Tbh because it’s just cologne those two channels should suffice alongside the review sites.

Tips for when applying your cologne/fragrance
  1. Moisturizing your neck area will help the cologne last much much longer than it would normally
  2. Always spray the back of your neck if you want compliments
  3. Heat spots are the best spot to apply (left and right of the area by the neck is usually best
  4. Always spray your hoodies with cologne, then your hoodie will always smell great jfl
  5. Limit it to a max of 3-4 sprays, don’t go above that

Don’t think there’s much more I can really say on the topic, let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try to help.
Those fragrances are decent but i would recommend ysl fragrances as well they are very sexy and mass appealing, acqua di gio and dior sauvage are very overused fragrances that every man uses. versace eros is very sexy but its very sweet so domt overdo it, bleu de chanel is also perfect

• +1
Those fragrances are decent but i would recommend ysl fragrances as well they are very sexy and mass appealing, acqua di gio and dior sauvage are very overused fragrances that every man uses. versace eros is very sexy but its very sweet so domt overdo it, bleu de chanel is also perfect
Agreed

Yes I smell good everywhere I go. I've become known for it now.
Very legit if you arent setting a standard for looking and smelling the best in your workplace, school or wherever you're compared to these normies are you even lookdmaxxing?,
Honestly though

remind me in a couple days and ill try to give a review
update i can barely smell it from the sample i got either shit sample or the fragrance isn't that great doesn't smell bad though