Collagen Production

everythingisacope

everythingisacope

I don't believe in yesterday
Bluepilled science says collagen starts decreasing around the age of 25 but I swear I started seeing aging signs at people aged 21-22 already compared to their skin at 17-18.Opinions?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, Deleted member 5634, Baldingman1998 and 2 others
Aging is more than collagen. If you are in America, even the younger populations are in profound state of illness. No healthy aAmericans left.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
Aging is more than collagen. If you are in american, even the younger populations are in profound state of illness. No healthy aAmericans left.
but do you recon there are (imo huge cause I can't stop analyzing) differences between 17-18 and 21-22?

• JFL
Reactions: everythingisacope
collagen starts dropping at like 20

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106, Deleted member 10987 and everythingisacope
but do you recon there are (imo huge cause I can't stop analyzing) differences between 17-18 and 21-22?
Are you asking if 17 and 22 year olds look different? My answer would be: sure they do.

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel
tagging @personalityinkwell

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4612
Are you asking if 17 and 22 year olds look different? My answer would be: sure they do.
yes like huge difference IMO for the few years

yes like huge difference IMO for the few years
a lot of aging isn't changes to the skin itself but soft tissues underneath

I hope I'll have enough fat for a fat graft in the face at some point

it's probably more important than collagen unless you around outside all day with no sunscreen

• +1
  • JFL
a lot of aging isn't changes to the skin itself but soft tissues underneath

I hope I'll have enough fat for a fat graft in the face at some point

it's probably more important than collagen unless you around outside all day with no sunscreen
fat pads in the face are very important I always had s slightly chubby face and now as I am turning 22 soon my face gets leaner and leaner while people who mogged me at 18 are ugly af

fat pads in the face are very important I always had s slightly chubby face and now as I am turning 22 soon my face gets leaner and leaner while people who mogged me at 18 are ugly af
yeah it's important I think RealSurgerymax has a good thread on facial fat pads

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
could not find it.Would you mind linking it?

the original was on lookism but I can't find it either right now

• Love it

the original was on lookism but I can't find it either right now
This thread is legit, with aging there is increase of subcutaneous fat and decrease of deep fat in the face.

• +1
Is this legit? What does "collagen level" even mean lol?
collagen production measured at the highest rate = 100

everything else is in relation to that

Bluepilled science says collagen starts decreasing around the age of 25 but I swear I started seeing aging signs at people aged 21-22 already compared to their skin at 17-18.Opinions?
I see this as well, especially in women. Closest thing I can find was this-

Shuster et al. (1975) studied a large number of normal subjects and measured forearm skin collagen, dermal thickness, and collagen density and concluded that the skin collagen decreased with age and was less in female subjects of all ages. They demonstrated that skin thickness in men decreased linearly with age, starting at age 20 years but remained constant in women until the age of approximately 50 years, at which time skin thickness started decreasing. The study concluded that skin thinning with age is the result of collagen loss. In fact, there is a positive correlation between levels of hydroxyl-proline (a major component of the protein collagen) and caliper-measured skin thickness.

But this also claims that women's skin doesn't age until 50. Just stay out of the sun for best results, even if you wear sunscreen. And I've seen a lot of good botox wrinkle treatment for young adults.

Edit: also have this but its debatable how much glycation damages the ECM compared to other factors like photoaging or ROS.
It is a general perception today that AGE accumulation is dependent on protein turnover rate; therefore long-lived proteins are thought to be mainly modified by glycation.66 Collagen types I and IV, exhibiting a slow turnover rate of about 10 y, and other dermal long-lived proteins like fibronectin mainly suffer from glycation during intrinsic chronological aging.19,20 The appearance of glycated collagen is first observed at the age of 20.

Thats science to you? Then it is time for me to disregard scientific findings