D
Deleted member 20652
Banned
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2022
- Posts
- 10,919
- Reputation
- 12,672
We have all heard people say the phrase "confidence is key." It is said often, because often times it is very true. Having confidence in your ability to do something or speak to someone will almost always lead to a better outcome. It's having this confidence alone that can make things go better or worse, in almost anything that a person does. That said, some people have inherently more confidence than others. This confidence may be due to past success establishing confidence, or perhaps having an inherently elevated confidence due to genetics.
Having said all this, I'm curious as to what it is that may be responsible neurologically, in terms of neurotransmitters/enzymes etc, as well as specific strategies people have for maintaining confidence in their life.
While I understand on the whole that confidence is often a combination of many different neurological events, I also know that dopamine in particular can be partially held responsible for increased confidence. A great example of this would be cocaine use. Cocaine increases confidence in just about everyone. That said, reduced inhibitions due to increased GABA can also substantially increase confidence in an individual, as can be seen with alcohol or benzodiazepine use. Increased levels of testosterone have also been seen to greatly increase confidence. On the whole, it seems that there are a large number of factors that can come into play. That said, I'm curious to explore the basis of confidence and the means by which a person may increase their confidence overall.
Anyone know of anything in particular related to the subject?
//Thomas DOM
Having said all this, I'm curious as to what it is that may be responsible neurologically, in terms of neurotransmitters/enzymes etc, as well as specific strategies people have for maintaining confidence in their life.
While I understand on the whole that confidence is often a combination of many different neurological events, I also know that dopamine in particular can be partially held responsible for increased confidence. A great example of this would be cocaine use. Cocaine increases confidence in just about everyone. That said, reduced inhibitions due to increased GABA can also substantially increase confidence in an individual, as can be seen with alcohol or benzodiazepine use. Increased levels of testosterone have also been seen to greatly increase confidence. On the whole, it seems that there are a large number of factors that can come into play. That said, I'm curious to explore the basis of confidence and the means by which a person may increase their confidence overall.
Anyone know of anything in particular related to the subject?
//Thomas DOM