Correcting curve of spee?

G

Glisky

Iron
I'm 1 year in with my braces and i had my appointment yesterday and apparently my overbite increased so they gave me this wire for my lower teeth:

Maxresdefault 20

could this do any damage? I'm thinking of switching to Invisalign im 15

Edit: Forgot to mention Ive also been wearing power chains for a couple of months but I've gotten no extractions and I'm not wearing elastics

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Giorgio
braces ruined me having a chad face tbh.
Made me mouth breathe too
not that it matters to me but it does to most on here

braces ruined me having a chad face tbh.
Made me mouth breathe too
not that it matters to me but it does to most on here
There's mixed responses from braces so idk whether to keep them on or take them off or if it's too late

There's mixed responses from braces so idk whether to keep them on or take them off or if it's too late
if you already invested lots of $$$ than maybe just go through with it idk. I had braces for a few years and my teeth are still fucked up, probably because I didn't wear my retainer but still.

what Invisalign basically does is that it pulls your teeth together and straightens them at the same time
but pulling teeth together means making the dental arch smaller, making the palate smaller
which is not a good thing if you're developing

at 15, you still have a major part of growth left, especially when it comes to your lower third

you unironically should try mewing, if you start at 15 if could have some impact
even if your teeth are crooked now, it's better to wait until you're an adult and then do palate expansion and braces after, rather than limiting the growth you still have left

and for the love of god, don't get any teeth pulled

I'm 1 year in with my braces and i had my appointment yesterday and apparently my overbite increased so they gave me this wire for my lower teeth:

View attachment 1973312

could this do any damage? I'm thinking of switching to Invisalign im 15

Edit: Forgot to mention Ive also been wearing power chains for a couple of months but I've gotten no extractions and I'm not wearing elastics

Your skeletal structure is going to be the same, this is just a camouflage. you need to get bimax once you turn 20

what Invisalign basically does is that it pulls your teeth together and straightens them at the same time
but pulling teeth together means making the dental arch smaller, making the palate smaller
which is not a good thing if you're developing

at 15, you still have a major part of growth left, especially when it comes to your lower third

you unironically should try mewing, if you start at 15 if could have some impact
even if your teeth are crooked now, it's better to wait until you're an adult and then do palate expansion and braces after, rather than limiting the growth you still have left

and for the love of god, don't get any teeth pulled
I've been mewing for a while now but I thought because of the braces nothing much will change

• +1
Reactions: Giorgio
Your skeletal structure is going to be the same, this is just a camouflage. you need to get bimax once you turn 20
What do you mean by camouflage and why get bimax,I dont think my lower third is recessed

What do you mean by camouflage and why get bimax,I dont think my lower third is recessed
you need it for the maxilla. not for the lower third

• +1
Reactions: Glisky