could rpe make a dramatic difference on my lower third?

vzidel

vzidel

dorian gray
ive been told my palate is super narrow so i’ve been set up by an ortho to get rpe soon, along w a genio later, here’s a pic below of what my palate looks like, for those wondering.
IMG 1277

does anyone know if the difference is just internal or if it’ll make an actual difference on my face, i’m hoping it widens it since my lower thirds pretty narrow. i’m 15 btw, if that accounts to anything since puberty and all.

Solution
PeiFan94
It will not widen ur lower third. RPE is tooth-borne, if ur bone is malleable enough for rpe to move it, only ur alveolar ridge will expand.
It will not widen ur lower third. RPE is tooth-borne, if ur bone is malleable enough for rpe to move it, only ur alveolar ridge will expand.

Solution
what could help then?
EASE or FME. Mind u these will only expand the maxilla (upper jaw), u still need either MSDO, an osteotomy, or implant to laterally expand your lower jaw. Otherwise u could cope with masseter training.

EASE or FME. Mind u these will only expand the maxilla (upper jaw), u still need either MSDO, an osteotomy, or implant to laterally expand your lower jaw. Otherwise u could cope with masseter training.
which you recommend best? one of those two and then which other surgery

which you recommend best? one of those two and then which other surgery
I don't know which of FME or EASE is better, not sure how available either are as I haven't looked into them recently. U will probably have a difficult and expensive time getting either so RPE and implants would be your best option if you want a wider lower third.

I don't know which of FME or EASE is better, not sure how available either are as I haven't looked into them recently. U will probably have a difficult and expensive time getting either so RPE and implants would be your best option if you want a wider lower third.
cost isn’t an issue, and i just found those two appliances being offered in my city. i’m thinking ease and then implants or osteotomy later on

• +1
Reactions: PeiFan94
cost isn’t an issue, and i just found those two appliances being offered in my city. i’m thinking ease and then implants or osteotomy later on
If you're doing EASE u will need just orthodontics for ur lower arch or possibly SFOT if u need a lot of expansion. MSDO is basically impossible to get and the results can be aesthetically undesirable