CU- Taking antihistamines every day- anyone with experience?

D

Deleted member 12216

Silver
I have CU (Cholinergic Urticaria) for 3 years now and it got worse and worse to a point where I got depressed of the painful and super embarrassing skin reaction that appeared every single day whenever my core temperature raised the tiniest bit (stress, exercize, hot weather, wearing jackets etc)

When I lost all hope I decided to give antihistamines a try and it WORKS!!!

Taking cetirizine every single day now. I am worried if that could harm my body long term.

Anyone with experience on that topic?

I know this has nothing to do with looksmaxing in general but being illness free or at least free of health conditions that make your life a lot worse and harder IS SOMETHING TO STRIVE TOWARDS!

• +1
Reactions: mogging, Bewusst and Deleted member 6403
dietary amines can contribute to pruritis/hives in certain individuals.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13994
enjoy dementia at 50

dietary amines can contribute to pruritis/hives in certain individuals.
Tried low histamine diet but didn't work sadly. It got better but it was still bad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Idk I took loratadine for 4 days for what I thought was allergies and now even if I stopped 4 days ago my peripheral vision seems blurry af.

Idk if loratadine caused it but it looks like a fucking glaucoma tbh

How and why?
the stuff in antihistamines has been shown to cause much higher rates of Alzheimer's and dementia than those who don't use antihistamines. Using it once in a while is ok though.

take cyproheptadine

I’m gonna take it every day when it arrives

take cyproheptadine

I’m gonna take it every day when it arrives
I wouldn't recommend taking it everyday, 5 days on and 2 off for 3 to 4 weeks is better and safer, and less likely for cortisol and serotonin to rebound.

• +1
Reactions: mogging and Deleted member 5818
I wouldn't recommend taking it everyday, 5 days on and 2 off for 3 to 4 weeks is better and safer, and less likely for cortisol and serotonin to rebound.
why would it rebound?

why would it rebound?
I don't remember the exact details but users on raypeatforum have experienced it from taking cypro too long.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5818
I can look into it if you want. Stumbled across this subject recently but didn‘t look into it any further

the stuff in antihistamines has been shown to cause much higher rates of Alzheimer's and dementia than those who don't use antihistamines. Using it once in a while is ok though.
Probably just diphenhydramine (Benadryl), which has anticholinergic effects

I can look into it if you want. Stumbled across this subject recently but didn‘t look into it any further
Yeah, would be amazing!