Descriptions of male love interests in romance novels

D

Deleted member 21345

Queer Coded Villain
I've been going over the descriptions of attractive male leads in romance novels and seeing commonalities

Rather than just pick my favorites I went with the most popular on tiktok. My tiktok feed is skewed towards dark romance because that's what I read but you can search "book boyfriends" there and see what you get

Edward Cullen(Twilight)
She describes his facial features as being perfect and angular—high cheekbones, strong jawline, a straight nose, and full lips. His hair, which is always messy, retains the unusual bronze shade that he inherited in his human life from his biological mother. His eyes, once green, are now described as topaz

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)
He has blond hair and green eyes usually described as pale emerald. He has a defined and strong jaw, and dimples when he smiles. He is tall, slender, and toned, but also manly, has skin, but not pale, just with a slight tan enough to look healthy.

Nate hawkins(Icebreaker):
Nate is roughly 6'4" with broad shoulders, a muscular body and dark eyes. He is described as having thick dark hair, however the cover art portrays a more medium-brown hair colour. He has a sharp jawline with stubble, dimples and strong cheekbones

Caradan Greenbriar(folk of the air)
Cardan has curly, iridescent midnight hair and sharp cheekbones. He has long, black eyelashes and soft lips. His eyes are described as black with a golden ring around the pupils. He usually wears kohl under his eyes. Cardan is said to be lean and tall, with very pale skin

Some takeaways, having read most of these and some others. You have typical PSL esque features like jaw and cheekbones. But also less expected ones like lips, dimples and eyelashes. Chin and browbone aren't brought up much but eyes are. Rarely do leads ever have full beards but stubble is common. Hair is mentioned alot.

The male leads are always described as tall, 6'+ and lean. Often broad shouldered. Besides that you don't often get detailed body descriptions

There's some differences between YA leads like Cullen and college and up slayers but not much actually. They're basically the same guy with more muscle and maybe stubble

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mvp2v1, kebab, Napoleon1800 and 7 others
The male leads are always described as tall, 6'+ and lean. Often broad shouldered. Besides that you don't often get detailed body descriptions
Champions League Omg GIF by UEFA

• JFL
Reactions: kebab and CarrotMaxxer
Okay okay I coped. Most of the ones in OP and in general are 6'2 minimum
When you transition make a story about a 5"7 love interest

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheAnomaly, mogstars and Deleted member 21345
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69 and Ricky212
different flavors of chad

• +1
Reactions: blackckatt, Xangsane and Deleted member 21345
different flavors of chad
Pretty much its the same chad in every book with different eye colors and character traits. You rarely ever get a lead who has doesn't have the same dark brown hair color and there are 0 popular nonwhite leads

• +1
Reactions: looksseg
Nate is roughly 6'4" with broad shoulders, a muscular body and dark eyes.
Let’s go dalits

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FutureSlayer and Deleted member 21345
The hero is always shown on the cover of the books.

The hero is always shown on the cover of the books.
Often not always because in romance novels there's usually a handful of chad love interests with one being the main squeeze

On that topic I've almost never seen any psl models on any romance book cover ever lol

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane
what about their personalities

Often not always because in romance novels there's usually a handful of chad love interests with one being the main squeeze

On that topic I've almost never seen any psl models on any romance book cover ever lol
chico was on several wattpad covers tho

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21345 and BrahminBoss
I've been going over the descriptions of attractive male leads in romance novels and seeing commonalities

Rather than just pick my favorites I went with the most popular on tiktok. My tiktok feed is skewed towards dark romance because that's what I read but you can search "book boyfriends" there and see what you get

Edward Cullen(Twilight)
She describes his facial features as being perfect and angular—high cheekbones, strong jawline, a straight nose, and full lips. His hair, which is always messy, retains the unusual bronze shade that he inherited in his human life from his biological mother. His eyes, once green, are now described as topaz

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)
He has blond hair and green eyes usually described as pale emerald. He has a defined and strong jaw, and dimples when he smiles. He is tall, slender, and toned, but also manly, has skin, but not pale, just with a slight tan enough to look healthy.

Nate is roughly 6'4" with broad shoulders, a muscular body and dark eyes. He is described as having thick dark hair, however the cover art portrays a more medium-brown hair colour. He has a sharp jawline with stubble, dimples and strong cheekbones

Cardan has curly, iridescent midnight hair and sharp cheekbones. He has long, black eyelashes and soft lips. His eyes are described as black with a golden ring around the pupils. He usually wears kohl under his eyes. Cardan is said to be lean and tall, with very pale skin

Some takeaways, having read most of these and some others. You have typical PSL esque features like jaw and cheekbones. But also less expected ones like lips, dimples and eyelashes. Chin and browbone aren't brought up much but eyes are. Rarely do leads ever have full beards but stubble is common. Hair is mentioned alot.

There's some differences between YA leads like Cullen and college and up slayers but not much actually. They're basically the same guy with more muscle and maybe stubble
based on these descriptions it looks like brown hair mogs jet black, opinions?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21345
All Chads tho right

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane and Deleted member 21345
what about their personalities
Good question. There's actually a variety of personality type but most popular types are controlling possessive psychos who have a soft spot for the female protagonist.

Chico is all over wattpad but not actual books. I've seen zurzolo, dellisola on wattpad. Never seen barett there

Yeah I think dark brown is generally the ideal

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: looksseg, Xangsane and FutureSlayer
Ropingsubhuman

• +1
Reactions: 6′2 still over
Good question. There's actually a variety of personality type but most popular types are controlling possessive psychos who have a soft spot for the female protagonist.

Chico is all over wattpad but not actual books. I've seen zurzolo, dellisola on wattpad. Never seen barett there

Yeah I think dark brown is generally the ideal
My ex gf was reading all of that and she broke up saying it was because I’m a possessive psycho, fuck this bitch It must have been my recessed dysgenic maxilla

Last edited:
  • +1

lol if you think a publisher of sawdust-grade book would pay the licensing fees for the world's top models

• +1
Reactions: looksseg and Napoleon1800

Edward Cullen(Twilight)

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)

See, they aren't crying Abt wether a mf has hunter or prey eyes ( cat or doe eyes by women ) jaw and zygos are the bones of beauty with hair and lips being the signal of health

Big W for jawline chads

Attachments

• NJ74220uMmJxCARWwiWUyR5SeArd5W3dGCIpselIEls.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
  • userimage-d6e4ecff-931a-41e8-9cbf-126b31d41f39_.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
So men are more passionate when talk about romance? Women just want some darktriad tall Chad. Women are so predictable.

If you are a passionate bluepilled man just cope or rope because no bitch will give you "real love".

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Clown Show
So men are more passionate when talk about romance? Women just want some darktriad tall Chad. Women are so predictable.

If you are a passionate bluepilled man just cope or rope because no bitch will give you "real love".
Men don't as often like reading erotica vs viewing but yeah the most popular archetype is dark triad chad

• +1
Reactions: Clown Show and Xangsane

Edward Cullen(Twilight)

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)

roughly 6'4" with broad shoulders, a muscular body and dark eyes. He is described as having thick dark hair, however the cover art portrays a more medium-brown hair colour. He has a sharp jawline with stubble, dimples and strong cheekbones

64 ? :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

Edward Cullen(Twilight)

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)

female gaze 101

• +1
Men don't as often like reading erotica vs viewing but yeah the most popular archetype is dark triad chad
Why do these abused dogs want dark triad?

• +1
Reactions: looksseg and Deleted member 21345
Pretty much its the same chad in every book with different eye colors and character traits. You rarely ever get a lead who has doesn't have the same dark brown hair color and there are 0 popular nonwhite leads
would I make a popular and good romance novel lead?

• +1
Why do these abused dogs want dark triad?
Dark triad exudes power. Abused dogs are weak people missing strength and vitality

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: looksseg and Xangsane
Dark triad exudes power. Abused dogs are weak people missing strength and vitality
would I be a dark triad lead

• +1

Edward Cullen(Twilight)

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)

Gay boi

• +1
would I be a dark triad lead
Hell no lol. Dark triad niggas don't want headpats and squishy there's controlling cheating psychos

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and Xangsane
Hell no lol. Dark triad niggas don't want headpats and squishy there's controlling cheating psychos
am I light triad?
Would I be a popular romance novel hero?

• +1

Edward Cullen(Twilight)

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)

Christian Grey?

am I light triad?
Would I be a popular romance novel hero?
A nice guy hero like that dude from fault in our Stars

Christian Grey?
ristian is tall, lean yet muscular, and broad-shouldered, with dark copper-colored hair and intense, bright gray eyes. He keeps in shape by kickboxing, running, and having sex. As quoted by Anastasia, "He is not merely good looking - he is the epitome of male beauty, breathtaking." Christian has an issue with self loathing and says that it is "just a pretty face" whenever he Is complimented on his appearance. He also believes that, because of his scars, lifestyle choices, and horrible childhood, he is only a "husk of a man" and has no heart.

• +1

ristian is tall, lean yet muscular, and broad-shouldered, with dark copper-colored hair and intense, bright gray eyes. He keeps in shape by kickboxing, running, and having sex. As quoted by Anastasia, "He is not merely good looking - he is the epitome of male beauty, breathtaking." Christian has an issue with self loathing and says that it is "just a pretty face" whenever he Is complimented on his appearance. He also believes that, because of his scars, lifestyle choices, and horrible childhood, he is only a "husk of a man" and has no heart.
would my ethnicity failo me?

• +1
lol if you think a publisher of sawdust-grade book would pay the licensing fees for the world's top models
Well chico was quite prevalent in wattpad if that counts

• +1

Christian Grey is tall white athletic rich chad that is also hypersexual, conflicted and dark triad, but he falls in love with a female who tries to fix him

Female fantasy summarised

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane

Edward Cullen(Twilight)

Aaron Warner(Shatter Me)

I think some guys are caped htn, cause eyes area is extremely difficult to ascend/change blablabla

• +1

Does Richard Ramirez fit the bill for a romance novel archetype?
3841451 images 1
IMG 5071
Richard Ramirez attorneys 1990
IMG 5361

• +1
would my ethnicity failo me?
There's not that many ethnic guys but if you're described as olive skinned blue eyes it's prob cool

You're team Jacob not Edward like I said

• +1
There's not that many ethnic guys but if you're described as olive skinned blue eyes it's prob cool

You're team Jacob not Edward like I said
y cool

• +1
Lol definitely bro. You have any idea how many fanfics have been written about him
Ik there's like 5 million edits of him but idk how many fanfics

• +1

i was almost there .. :feelswhy: :lul:

3483500 336427207 1499466223795106 2377184718352551645 n

i have high set cheekbones but weak .. and weak jaw fuuck ..

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mogstars and Deleted member 21345
There's alot lol

Its exotic
Does ramirez have olive skin tone?

If you have ramirez colouring is there potential to have appeal?

• +1
Reactions: blackckatt and Deleted member 21345
Werewolf pheno. Team jacob

JFL when i was young foids of my school call me jacob from twilight :

44786 1266160034704 4644051 n

Certified not tails from basement

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and Deleted member 21345
  • +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800