Designing a new orthodontic appliance

CopeAndRope

CopeAndRope

Maxillophiliac
Today I made the mistake to look too much at my reflection in the mirror and I noticed my awful long midface.

So, I popped a pill of armodafinil and started brainstorming about nonsurgical ways to make my midface more compact.

I already built an appliance to displace my maxilla forward/upward. Its limitation is that it leaves the task of following the displacement of the maxilla to the other bones of the face.

Untitled 1

This means that some bones could react later than expected, or to a lesser degree than other surrounding bones of the face, to the new position of the maxilla.
This also creates a situation where the stronger is the force applied, the quicker are the results, but also the bigger is the initial "imbalance" with the other bones.

345tgf

In simple words, imagine this process as a race between your facial bones with a finish line. Your maxilla is the only one aware of this race, the other bones are all lazy fuckers sleeping all day and start "running" only when they see their brother maxilla way ahead of them. And if you apply even heavier forces on the maxilla, he's going to sprint like Usain Bolt and leave all the others behind, giving you that Duffy Duck look.
40616106365_2817134a0c_o.png

New orthodontic appliance
Here comes into play my new appliance. Not only you can apply higher forces on the maxilla without worrying about leaving your jaw behind, but you can also make that midface compact like it was supposed to be.

Basically you add to your intraoral appliance a metal (or sturdy plastic) plate under your chin. This plate is connected with a belt that will be tied behind your neck to keep the plate in place. This plate, in theory, will cause a more dramatic and quicker CCW rotation of your entire face.

The plate also has the benefit to keep your mouth shut, especially if you're facepulling while sleeping and you worry your mouth opens due to the pulling force.

Below you can see a quick sketch of how the appliance works. I'm currently searching for the right building materials to put together. As soon as I'll get it assembled, I'll post the pictures here.

New appliance

P.s. Keep in mind these are theories never tested before. In these situations, you can never be sure if you're gonna succeed or fail. I only know that the body can change with the right physical forces. I'm gonna test it and report here.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mvp2v1, Jokerman, Maxillacel and 21 others
Today I made the mistake to look too much at my reflection in the mirror and I noticed my awful long midface.

So, I popped a pill of armodafinil and started brainstorming about nonsurgical ways to make my midface more compact.

I already built an appliance to displace my maxilla forward/upward. Its limitation is that it leaves the task of following the displacement of the maxilla to the other bones of the face.

View attachment 142667

This means that some bones could react later than expected, or to a lesser degree than other surrounding bones of the face, to the new position of the maxilla.
This also creates a situation where the stronger is the force applied, the quicker are the results, but also the bigger is the initial "imbalance" with the other bones.

View attachment 142690

In simple words, imagine this process as a race between your facial bones with a finish line. Your maxilla is the only one aware of this race, the other bones are all lazy fuckers sleeping all day and start "running" only when they see their brother maxilla way ahead of them. And if you apply even heavier forces on the maxilla, he's going to sprint like Usain Bolt and leave all the others behind, giving you that Duffy Duck look.

Here comes into play my new appliance. Not only you can apply higher forces on the maxilla without worrying about leaving your jaw behind, but you can also make that midface compact like it was supposed to be.

Basically you add to your intraoral appliance a metal (or sturdy plastic) plate under your chin. This plate is connected with a belt that will be tied behind your neck to keep the plate in place. This plate, in theory, will cause a more dramatic and quicker CCW rotation of your entire face.

The plate also has the benefit to keep your mouth shut, especially if you're facepulling while sleeping and you worry your mouth opens due to the pulling force.

Below you can see a quick sketch of how the appliance works. I'm currently searching for the right building materials to put together. As soon as I'll get it assembled, I'll post the pictures here.

View attachment 142666

P.s. Keep in mind these are theories never tested before. In these situations, you can never be sure if you're gonna succeed or fail. I only know that the body can change with the right physical forces. I'm gonna test it and report here.
does it also push the maxilla forward
and the mandibele? will he just follow or do we need bimax after the appliance?

if you want to move the maxilla forward , the mandible also has to move forward . thats why is designed my device which consists of 2 frankel devices , 1 on the upper jaw, one of the lower jaw

Last edited:
does it also push the maxilla forward
and the mandibele? will he just follow or do we need bimax after the appliance?
Yes, the maxilla is pushed by the appliance made of pink acrylic, the jaw receives the same force as the maxilla and follows it closer than it would do without the plate.

• +1
Reactions: AyWiz and Deleted member 3043
OP, what if I'm interested in applying higher forces on the maxilla without worrying about leaving my jaw behind but that I don't particularly want to shorten my midface?

Yes, the maxilla is pushed by the appliance made of pink acrylic, the jaw receives the same force as the maxilla and follows it closer than it would do without the plate.
since i have no long midface i dont need it. i want more forward growth of maxilla & mandible and wider intermolar width . ill update everyone on my frankel construction

wait,this appliance is replacing mewing?

• +1
Reactions: Jokerman
OP, what if I'm interested in applying higher forces on the maxilla without worrying about leaving my jaw behind but that I don't particularly want to shorten my midface?
Then you need a sort of reverse "bite jumping" appliance.
Sanders-bite-jumping-appliance-A-maxillary-palate-B-Mandibular-plate-C-lateral.png

wait,this appliance is replacing mewing?
You should always mew, until it becomes your default state. But yeah, this appliance is much better than mewing.

View attachment 142667

View attachment 142690

View attachment 142666

bruh ill invest if you make me one

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and GoMadAndSTFU
bruh ill invest if you make me one
Same. I can send you my teeth print, how much for one device?
Shieeet boi, make your pre-orders! That's me in a few months, lol.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Seriously though, the two parts have to be molded to your palate and neck. When I got my appliance, I had to ask for multiple adjustments. Can you imagine doing this with the international shipping times of delivery?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621
I think if u push correctly a body part in the righr way , for a long time , it will work

Exemple : Screenshot 20191021 185602

• +1
Reactions: Jokerman, Gebirgscel, CopeAndRope and 1 other person
You should always mew, until it becomes your default state. But yeah, this appliance is much better than mewing.
listen to me med chad. if this work, i'll buy it from you

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax, AyWiz and CopeAndRope
OP did you say that the first Applience you created is bullshit and will leave you with a bad look ?
Actual legit example. But this tribal brainlet probably has been stretching since childhood

Legit . Also we dont need much mm to be good looking
This.nibba won like 10 cm of neck

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AyWiz, Deleted member 3043 and Preposterous
Can you comment on mike mew saying that bone changes with small forces over a long time period and doesnt change when exposed to strong forces at short periods, like lifting weights. Do you think that your appliences apply too much force and are therefore counterintuitive? Idk just something to consider.

OP did you say that the first Applience you created is bullshit and will leave you with a bad look ?
Jfl, where did you read that? The first appliance is still legit as fuck.

Can you comment on mike mew saying that bone changes with small forces over a long time period and doesnt change when exposed to strong forces at short periods, like lifting weights. Do you think that your appliences apply too much force and are therefore counterintuitive? Idk just something to consider.
Great question. Two factors and two factors only are important here: force and time.

The stronger the force, the stronger the homeostasis reaction from the body to pull it back. Also, higher is the probability to create an imbalance with the other bones.

It depends on you and your needs at the end. You decide how much to apply and for how long.

I just know that if your increase the pulling force on one bone, the others will struggle to keep up with the displacement, so that's way you have to involve them in the displacement as well, I.e with the neck-plate.

Should I stop building the face puller?
Also, the face puller has no possibility of shortening midface?

What is the probability of this effecting the gonial angle, the ramus... Etc.
Also is there any supps I can pop for more bone growth (or just vit D and K)
Where exactly are you from in Europe, I really can't find an orthodontic lab in austria

Should I stop building the face puller?
Also, the face puller has no possibility of shortening midface?
No man, don't listen to him. He probably skimmed through my post and made the wrong idea.

No, the facepuller with the infra-oral appliance can't do that. You need the neck-plate for that. But keep in mind this is still a theory I have to prove right.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
No man, don't listen to him. He probably skimmed through my post and made the wrong idea.

No, the facepuller with the infra-oral appliance can't do that. You need the neck-plate for that. But keep in mind this is still a theory I have to prove right.

Yeah i missreaded your text bro
Rn i just wait till i have some money , it gonna be fucking worth it by the fact that im just 16 yo , imagine dooing this shit with palate expender 8hrs a day for more than 800days

What does a neck plate look like?

Legit . Also we dont need much mm to be good looking
This.nibba won like 10 cm of neck
Imma try that with my dick

• +1
Reactions: Jokerman
Imma try that with my dick
That's a good idea. Just take breaks, otherwise you just gonna cut all the blood from your dick and eventually loose it.
What does a neck plate look like?
Any sturdy material shaped around your neck as your lower jaw. Usually it's a diamond shape.

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and Deleted member 2621

View attachment 142667

View attachment 142690

View attachment 142666

ahhhh yeh boi give us the blueprints and i'll make it myself

• +1
Reactions: AyWiz and Deleted member 3043
does this work if you are in your mid 20s?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
The gonial angle will be affected more than the ramus length.

I can't tell you for sure, I haven't focused my research on bone remodelling supplements.

it gonna be fucking worth it by the fact that im just 16 yo , imagine dooing this shit with palate expender 8hrs a day for more than 800days
You gonna be the Jordan Barrett Jr.

does this work if you are in your mid 20s?
Ths works at every age. Obviously it's designed specifically for people over 20/30 that can't get any more results with just mewing.

You got nothing on me boyo - I already invented a groundbreaking surgery to turn anyone into Chico Lachowski. I will attach the schematic later. I got some great ideas from reading lookism and from a free 10 minute consultation with Dr Eppley.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Dogs, Deleted member 2846 and AyWiz
You got nothing on me boyo - I already invented a groundbreaking surgery to turn anyone into Chico Lachowski. I will attach the schematic later. I got some great ideas from reading lookism and from a free 10 minute consultation with Dr Eppley.
Just wear Chad's face theory confirmed.
source.gif

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU
Fucking legit, i will buy one from you boyo

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
View attachment 142690
How is this not shortening midface at all? I’m confused on how your v.1 appliance wouldn’t shorten the midface. What does it do? Just bring it forward more? I thought the mandible would just follow the maxilla movement.

you have very high spatial and verbal skills. zol zayn mit mazl

I am an extreme poorcel. This is all I had to work with:
facepulling-png.139120

cold-was-the-night-png.144290

Will these work?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Dogs and GoMadAndSTFU
facepulling-png.139120

Will these work?
Lol. Yes. Any force that pulls up/forward is fine But it will a pain in the ass not being able to move while facepulling.

But you need the right appliance that pulls your palate, you can't just bite a rope and pull. That way you're only gonna ruin your teeth.

Lol. Yes. Any force that pulls up/forward is fine But it will a pain in the ass not being able to move while facepulling.

But you need the right appliance that pulls your palate, you can't just bite a rope and pull. That way you're only gonna ruin your teeth.
The reason I made my second facepulling device was so I could facepull while doing stuff at my desk.
I will be getting a palatal expander after my exams.
Where exactly are you from in Europe, I really can't find an orthodontic lab in austria
Vitamin C is good for remodelling
K2 is also a good idea

Last edited:
The reason I made my second facepulling device was so I could facepull while doing stuff at my desk.
I will be getting a palatal expander after my exams.

Vitamin C is good for remodelling
K2 is also a good idea

Maybe you are wrong about K2 tbh, I've seen some studies where it was said that is inhibits osteoclast, the process involved in remodeling of the bones.

Maybe you are wrong about K2 tbh, I've seen some studies where it was said that is inhibits osteoclast, the process involved in remodeling of the bones.
I read that vitamin C megadosing counteracts that or something.
It says on the packet that K2 actives osteoblasts. Must've been mistaken,

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
I read that vitamin C megadosing counteracts that or something.
It says on the packet that K2 actives osteoblasts. Must've been mistaken,

We should not mistake Osteoclast and Osteoblast: Osteoclasts are responsible for bone resorption and osteoblasts are responsible for new bone formation.

So, I'm no expert, but I think that osteoclast is the important part when it comes to remodeling the bones, and osteoblast allows you to if you see what I mean "fill" the sutures when the bone is in its new position?

External advice would be welcome tbh

Last edited:
@CopeAndRope how's it been going, I know it's only been a month or so for you but have you noticed any slight changes already?

You wanna challenge me to an IQ battle? :feelskek:
I will one day, but i'm bussy right now.. ehm, having some girls to fuck yknow, line is very long just to tell you
facepulling-png.139120

Will these work?
Holy shit did he just roped himself

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Dogs and GoMadAndSTFU
OP in wich country are you

If you can come up with an idea, device or method to make the eyebrows lower, I'd appreciate it a lot and I believe others here would too.

people are getting their jaws sawed and you expect a magical device to pull everything up? regardless, that last gif couldn't be less unrealistic jfl