DHT causes hair fall?

bleksandre

bleksandre

Certified IPDcel
Does DHT cause hair fall or only diffuse thinning? I am currently having more of hair falling than before, like 40-80 hairs in the shower that I take twice a week. Is it more of nutrition/ hair follicle nutrition problem, and I should do a blood test or try some hairmax methods like fermented rice water? Or what I am talking about is a cope and just hope on fin and hope it won’t cause any sides.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21531 and Adonis
Diffuse thinning = balding

Pattern hair loss can be natural without destroying your hair (many people experience a juvenile -> mature hairline transition but still have thick density)

DHT does cause hair loss despite all the schizo bullshit that gets posted online claiming otherwise.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531 and Deleted member 15302
DHT can cause hair loss in a variety of patterns and speeds.
If you are a male in relatively good health, 95% of the time your hair loss is due to androgenetic alopecia.
That being said, how diffuse is your thinning? If it's thinning on the entire scalp, then it may legitimately be because of some underlying health issue. If it's thinning only in the classic MPB areas (The crown/temples/frontal area) then it may very well be MPB.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302, Bitchwhipper2 and Prettyboy
Diffuse thinning = balding

Pattern hair loss can be natural without destroying your hair (many people experience a juvenile -> mature hairline transition but still have thick density)

DHT does cause hair loss despite all the schizo bullshit that gets posted online claiming otherwise.
Pattern hair loss is basically balding when your hairline is going back, mature hairline is a cope. But I am more concerned about my hair loss which means a lot of hair falls. If I can improve it by foliclemaxing and vitaminmaxing or just take fin

Pattern hair loss is basically balding when your hairline is going back, mature hairline is a cope. But I am more concerned about my hair loss which means a lot of hair falls. If I can improve it by foliclemaxing and vitaminmaxing or just take fin
Anything but 5-ar inhibitors, topical anti-androgens and growth stimulants is cope

There are emaciated drug addicts with perfect hair lines, it's your genetic response to DHT. Don't do what every guy does and cope & pretend you will cure your balding with a biotin supplement. Take fin and enjoy your hair and forget about it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531, ErbCel and GymCelNeckPill
DHT can cause hair loss in a variety of patterns and speeds.
If you are a male in relatively good health, 95% of the time your hair loss is due to androgenetic alopecia.
That being said, how diffuse is your thinning? If it's thinning on the entire scalp, then it may legitimately be because of some underlying health issue. If it's thinning only in the classic MPB areas (The crown/temples/frontal area) then it may very well be MPB.
I can’t tell it because I have long hair, the thing that concerns me is that I lose too many hair while showering, and I want to stop it because it will lead to bad density

If it's thinning on the entire scalp, then it may legitimately be because of some underlying health issue.
is diffuse thinning genetic? im pretty unhealthy rn tho i have diffuse thinning at 19

Anything but 5-ar inhibitors, topical anti-androgens and growth stimulants is cope

There are emaciated drug addicts with perfect hair lines, it's your genetic response to DHT. Don't do what every guy does and cope & pretend you will cure your balding with a biotin supplement. Take fin and enjoy your hair and forget about it.
But is DHT the cause why I lose more hair in shower than before? I thought DHT is about diffuse thinning, not excessive fall of hair

But is DHT the cause why I lose more hair in shower than before? I thought DHT is about diffuse thinning, not excessive fall of hair
Because DHT miniaturizes your hair follicles over time, it doesn't happen all at once, it takes years to get to the point where the hair is choked off and dies.

How many hairs are you losing while in the shower, and how often do you wash it?
It's normal for hair fall to intensify as seasons change.

If hair loss is due to androgenetic alopecia you will be able to tell even with long hair, trust me. It may even be more noticeable.

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
How many hairs are you losing while in the shower, and how often do you wash it?
It's normal for hair fall to intensify as seasons change.

If hair loss is due to androgenetic alopecia you will be able to tell even with long hair, trust me. It may even be more noticeable.
Like 60-80, and I am nervous about it, so the main thing I need to watch is that hair that falls has normal thickness?

Visit a dermatologist first. They can instantly tell whether your hair follicles at the front are miniaturizing or not

• +1
Reactions: bleksandre
Visit a dermatologist first. They can instantly tell whether your hair follicles at the front are miniaturizing or not
Yes I will, thank you

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
is diffuse thinning genetic? im pretty unhealthy rn tho i have diffuse thinning at 19
I had diffuse thinning, it is not the same as androgenic alopecia. Those who say so are uneducated and don't know shit about hair loss.

Diffuse thinning is more of a thyroid, liver/ bile, and gut issue.

I'd recommend that you take zinc picolinate, selenium and taurine first on a empty stomach, at least a hour before a meal. Should see results within first 3 weeks, if not then get a thyroid blood test.

Last edited:
I had diffuse thinning, it is not the same as androgenic alopecia. Those who say so are uneducated and don't shit about hair loss.

Diffuse thinning is more of a thyroid, liver/ bile, and gut issue.

I'd recommend that you take zinc picolinate, selenium and taurine first on a empty stomach, at least a hour before a meal. Should see results within first 3 weeks, if not then get a thyroid blood test.
Thanks for advice, I will try all things, and hope for the best, need to keep my hair till the point it is over anyways

Thanks for advice, I will try all things, and hope for the best, need to keep my hair till the point it is over anyways
Mine was pretty bad, shedding up to 200 hairs a day since puberty, still have nw0 hairline, now only shed up to 50 hairs a day depending on if wearing cap or using products etc.

Mine was pretty bad, shedding up to 200 hairs a day since puberty, still have nw0 hairline, now only shed up to 50 hairs a day depending on if wearing cap or using products etc.
Lifefuel tbh

Like 60-80, and I am nervous about it, so the main thing I need to watch is that hair that falls has normal thickness?
50-100 hair fall a day is normal, and most of that happens when you wash it.
It could just be normal hair fall, maybe with a bit of seasonal effluvium.

If you really want to be sure, though, go get it checked by a professional.
Or just wait and monitor the situation; if in 2-3 months you have noticed your actual hair looks thinner and your scalp is more visible then yeah you will definitely have to get it checked asap.

• +1
Reactions: bleksandre
DHT miniaturizes hair follicles. The follicles become smaller over time and as a result the quality of the hair decreases. The hair will shed more frequently because it's less in the anagen phase and terminal hair will becomes vellus-like