Difference between anterior downgraft and posterior impaction and vice versa?

Deleted member 13367

Deleted member 13367

masc slayer
What is the functional difference between these two, shouldnt they produce same aesthetic results in theory.
I know that impaction is used to fix open bite and downgraft is used for teeth show but I dont see why you couldnt do these things with either of those.
Also what is the benefit of posterior downgraft compared to normal ccw, does it offer more stability?
@Acromegaly_Chad @SixCRY @LooksOverAll @Preston

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
It depends on the point of rotation. Take a pencil. Rotate it about one end, and then the other. While the angle the pencil is at in both scenarios could be the same, they are in different areas in the space they are occupying, compared to their surroundings. I hope that makes sense. Your jaw is the pencil, the surroundings are the rest of your face.

Or just place a finger at the front of your jaw, pretend you thumb is the back of your jaw, and move the thumb, imagining it's how your jaw is moving. Now do the opposite, with your thumb placed securely in the back of your jaw, and rotate your finger in the front.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Agendum, ChristianChad, Deleted member 13367 and 3 others
It depends on the point of rotation. Take a pencil. Rotate it about one end, and then the other. While the angle the pencil is at in both scenarios could be the same, they are in different areas in the space they are occupying, compared to their surroundings. I hope that makes sense. Your jaw is the pencil, the surroundings are the rest of your face.

Or just place a finger at the front of your jaw, pretend you thumb is the back of your jaw, and move the thumb, imagining it's how your jaw is moving. Now do the opposite, with your thumb placed securely in the back of your jaw, and rotate your finger in the front.
Good explanation ngl