Different hollow cheeks - And how to fix it (maybe) - Thumbpulling & Mewing

D

Deleted member 22354

You probably know this thread from r/orthotropics:

n847r2gxzvc31.jpg

Since mine look like the right picture in most lighting conditions, I've always wondered what the reason is. The hollow cheeks on the left side I get only when light is there from above and I stand with my back to the light and tilt my head to the ground. Only then do my hollow cheeks look like on the left side. Sure, you can blame the light, but that's only half the truth.

I have now seen a new comment on Reddit, which reflects exactly what I thought all the time:
its not lighting. I think the guy on right has narrower posterior palate than the one on the left, so anterior palate looks like good forwards growth but posterior is narrow causing the sunken effect below cheekbone and then sudden rise near the anterior due to wider palate and alveolar ridge near anterior. and left one has more forward growth, as CCW rotation of maxilla will only move the palate upwards which should also move posterior palate upwards and forwards giving the entire maxilla raised like effect and hence the look on the left
What is your opinion on this and how would you fix it so that in the end it will look like on the left side?

I think effective is of course Thumbpulling at the posterior palate, at the anterior palate it makes logically no sense. Pic example (from @FrenchChad thread):
3136157_18c5c353b3c9d72f7342363049d61f78.png

Imo you have to thumbpull along the blue arrows. This will fix your posterior palate, ofc only if you keep mewing (hard and soft).

@FrenchChad @Dr. Bruh @pneumocystosis @szolliontaraelis @spongebob @ascendedd @MaxillaMaxing @Yuno_howitez

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126, pneumocystosis, Deleted member 21044 and 1 other person
just thumb pull and mew bro

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
Good thread. Also if you push upward on both the soft and hard palate + chew, it will rotate your maxilla.

• +1
autism
its called lighting
put the right guy in the same lighting as the left guy and he'll have the same hollow cheeks

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580, Deleted member 22126, pneumocystosis and 1 other person
Since mine look like the right picture in most lighting conditions, I've always wondered what the reason is.
Mine look exactly like the left and I've been wondering about the possibility of head shape being a factor too (I'm mostly Mesocephalic).

• +1
some people say it's canine fossa differences but it's lighting 99% of the time

If you look for 5 minutes you will find the same models with "different" hollow cheeks

• +1
Good thread. Also if you push upward on both the soft and hard palate + chew, it will rotate your maxilla.
Thank you!. I have just read a few more things about it and ideally you pull as described above using the blue arrows to the outside. And additionally at the red points upwards. This should achieve the best results, will try it.

Do you mean the same places as me? Or do you mean the yellow points in the picture?

The left one is a mouthbreather, right one is a 7 PSL chad.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354, Deleted member 22126 and pneumocystosis
Thank you!. I have just read a few more things about it and ideally you pull as described above using the blue arrows to the outside. And additionally at the red points upwards. This should achieve the best results, will try it.

Do you mean the same places as me? Or do you mean the yellow points in the picture?
Pushing behind the incisors will give your maxilla rotation. Pushing too back will do the opposite. Basic geometry.

Pushing the middle-frontal area will both give you higher cheekbones, better under-eye support, maxillary rotation, and a compact midface. My philtrum length has decreased by almost 5mm since August because of incisor chewing and thumbpulling.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: amorfati, Deleted member 22354 and Blackpilled1027
Pushing behind the incisors will give your maxilla rotation. Pushing too back will do the opposite. Basic geometry.

Pushing the middle-frontal area will both give you higher cheekbones, better under-eye support, maxillary rotation, and a compact midface. My philtrum length has decreased by almost 5mm since August because of incisor chewing and thumbpulling.
wait what the fuck, can you paint it on paint to I could understand for my low IQ please

• +1
wait what the fuck, can you paint it on paint to I could understand for my low IQ please

18c5c353b3c9d72f7342363049d61f78

Without touching the teeth, I massage in the direction of the arrows while pushing upwards. When I come to the tip, again without touching the teeth, I push out with full force for 5 seconds. Rinse and repeat for 5 minutes. I do it twice a day and take 15-20k IU's of D3K2. I do hardmewing + chintucking (AKA Salludon Method jfl) when I'm alone as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and Blackpilled1027
View attachment 1986561

Without touching the teeth, I massage in the direction of the arrows while pushing upwards. When I come to the tip, again without touching the teeth, I push out with full force for 5 seconds. Rinse and repeat for 5 minutes. I do it twice a day and take 15-20k IU's of D3K2. I do hardmewing + chintucking (AKA Salludon Method jfl) when I'm alone as well.
ok thanks but when you chew, basically what teeth should I use ?

• +1
  • +1
View attachment 1986561

Can you elaborate on chintucking (salludon method) a little bit? Do you mean just the chin tuck, or is there more to it? I now sleep on a hard mattress on my back and that is my sleeping position jfl
Stiff-Neck-2.png

pics? pm pls

Premolars. Incisor chewing will give you TMJ if you do it for a long time.
Incisor chewing is more effective for ccw rotation tho (because the force will be applied at the front part of the maxilla + temporalis activation will make the browridge grow).

One shouldn't push behind his incisors because most likely the force will be translated to the alveolar ridges which is not good at all (you may damage the roots of your teeth and get an awful gap), pulling at the middle of the palate is the way to go.

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis and Deleted member 22354
Incisor chewing is more effective for ccw rotation tho (because the force will be applied at the front part of the maxilla + temporalis activation will make the browridge grow).

One shouldn't push behind his incisors because most likely the force will be translated to the alveolar ridges which is not good at all (you may damage the roots of your teeth and get an awful gap), pulling at the middle of the palate is the way to go.
So do you still advocate for the yellow dots or the red ones, regarding this thread?

Whats your opinion on my take:
I have just read a few more things about it and ideally you pull as described above using the blue arrows to the outside. And additionally at the red points upwards. This should achieve the best results, will try it.

So do you still advocate for the yellow dots or the red ones, regarding this thread?

Whats your opinion on my take ?
You can have extreme forward growth and no hollow cheeks so only the red dots would make sense, you are right.

• +1
View attachment 1986561

Does this shit even work ? Sounds like new gen niggertisme, show before and after pics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17735, amorfati and Deleted member 22354