Do growth plates really fuse in ascending order?

wastedspermcel

wastedspermcel

Rope if no jb gf by 2025, hgh script next:(
I was under the impression that it was the extremeties that fused first and then the distal radius, ulna and tibia. However I searched around some old threads here saying that it goes in ascending order.

This would make the feet and legs be the first to fuse and the wrists to actually be one of the last, so if your wrists growth plates are close to fusing on an xray the leg growth plates are likely already closed.

I find this hard to believe, otherwise why would doctors use bone age xrays (wrists) to predict height and when the growth plates would close?

Regardless it kinda changes my hopes on growing any taller. I think the only logical thing to do would be to check the growth plates of the knee (distal femur & proximal tibia) which contribute the most to height. I don't know if I'd have the balls to get a knee xray out of pure fear of seeing potentially fused plates:feelswhy:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿, org3cel.RR, NZb6Air and 1 other person
ur shit is most likely still open bhai

the horror stories of muh i stopped growing at 6 years old are 1 in a gorillion

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿, slavicpsycho, wastedspermcel and 1 other person
what it's extremities first i think (hands and feet)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿, wastedspermcel and The Dark Phoenix
you are so delusional

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿 and wastedspermcel
ur shit is most likely still open bhai

the horror stories of muh i stopped growing at 6 years old are 1 in a gorillion
I stopped at fucking early 15

• +1
  • So Sad
Tags
@org3cel.RR
@truecel12
@Tallest person here
@Fartmaxxing
@Kelly Oubre Jr
@Osie
@Rigged
@mathis
@4lt.Real
@iabsolvejordan
@Gengar
@PsychoDsk

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: MA_ascender, RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿, org3cel.RR and 1 other person
read the thread again
Are you talking about the part where I said it's hard to believe they fuse in ascending order? I wasn't coping I just wouldn't expect that to be the case.

Unless you're talking about something completely different and there was some miscommunication

• +1
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿
Chill man you still can grow ALOT you need to do a heightmaxxing stack, and grow taller, your bones are NOT fused lol

• +1
Reactions: RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿
Are you talking about the part where I said it's hard to believe they fuse in ascending order? I wasn't coping I just wouldn't expect that to be the case.

Unless you're talking about something completely different and there was some miscommunication
It's not a fucking fixed sequence, but in 80% of cases tibia and femurs close at around 16-18 and stuff like wrists can stay open until 18-21
what it's extremities first i think (hands and feet)
and hands and feet at around 14-16 but my nigger this is not a mathematical equation and everyone's different it's like saying the average height is 5'9 so every human will be 5'9

• +1
5 foot 8 or something, dads 5 7, moms 5 6, i havnt grown in a year 16 atm
I mean according to the mid parental height calculator you're an inch below your predicted height, which is basically in the normal range.

Get a knee and wrist xray though, you may have some growth left

check these out
old but most likely accurate
2859167 EpiphysealFusion AGeneralGuide
2859168 50
2859170 main qimg db8a4fa00de9c8e9ddd0f85348eb2156 pjlq

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel and NZb6Air
It's not a fucking fixed sequence, but in 80% of cases tibia and femurs close at around 16-18 and stuff like wrists can stay open until 18-21

and hands and feet at around 14-16 but my nigger this is not a mathematical equation and everyone's different it's like saying the average height is 5'9 so every human will be 5'9
Yeah I get your point. Growth is unpredictable anyway and it's hard to predict growth even with patterns and other information. I mean I've got big ass feet but relatively small hands where normally they'd both either be small or large

• +1
Reactions: MA_ascender and RAJ GHRANDHICK🗿
Yeah I get your point. Growth is unpredictable anyway and it's hard to predict growth even with patterns and other information. I mean I've got big ass feet but relatively small hands where normally they'd both either be small or large
This is where science stops and speculation begins, there's a billion reasons why, high IGF-1 can contribute to bigger feet without much impact on overall height, hypothyroidism can also cause this, even pituitary gland issues, but most likely just genetics.

This is one of the hardest things to predict.

• +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel
This is where science stops and speculation begins, there's a billion reasons why, high IGF-1 can contribute to bigger feet without much impact on overall height, hypothyroidism can also cause this, even pituitary gland issues, but most likely just genetics.

This is one of the hardest things to predict.
I mean if it's a question of genetics and height, I should be good having a 6ft father and 5'9 mother. But obviously parents don't guarantee being tall

ngl i didnt really read what u said but from this study it tells us that it goes: feet, lower legs, upper legs, hands then i presume forearms and then clavicles .

btw the graph is percentage of FULLY FUSED growth plates, so in your xray there should be absolutely no trace of the growth plate (not even in the corners) me for example my wrists are basically fully closed except for the corners, so i dont think i would be included in this data.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7983983/#:~:text=The%20growth%20plates%20fuse%20in,significantly%20affect%20growth%20plate%20fusion.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 23.43.22.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 23.43.22.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel
I was under the impression that it was the extremeties that fused first and then the distal radius, ulna and tibia. However I searched around some old threads here saying that it goes in ascending order.

This would make the feet and legs be the first to fuse and the wrists to actually be one of the last, so if your wrists growth plates are close to fusing on an xray the leg growth plates are likely already closed.

I find this hard to believe, otherwise why would doctors use bone age xrays (wrists) to predict height and when the growth plates would close?

Regardless it kinda changes my hopes on growing any taller. I think the only logical thing to do would be to check the growth plates of the knee (distal femur & proximal tibia) which contribute the most to height. I don't know if I'd have the balls to get a knee xray out of pure fear of seeing potentially fused plates:feelswhy:
i thought it was common knowledge that spinal growth lasts longer than legs growth