Do jawline muscles actually matter and what's up with "jawline exercises"

fellofix

fellofix

Iron
Anyone who has ever tried to jawmaxx knows what those jawline exercises are, basically just trying to exercises your jawline muscles.

But the question is, do jawline muscles actually matter? Isn't it about the bone, not about the muscles? Could one improve their jawline through doing those exercises?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Anyone who has ever tried to jawmaxx knows what those jawline exercises are, basically just trying to exercises your jawline muscles.

But the question is, do jawline muscles actually matter? Isn't it about the bone, not about the muscles? Could one improve their jawline through doing those exercises?
I wouldn't fuck with jawline exercises tbh. You'll get problems for life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
Masseter hypertrophy isn't something you want. It'll create more problems for you and make you uglier if you have bad facial-fat distribution.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
Masseter hypertrophy isn't something you want. It'll create more problems for you and make you uglier if you have bad facial-fat distribution.

I planned to do those exercises while I'm on steroids. Is it a good idea?

And what about chewing?

Last edited:
  • +1
Just chew on a thicc piece of gum once every day or two

• +1
I planned to do those exercises while I'm on steroids. Is it a good idea?

And what about chewing?
no. You don't want to fuck up your jaw. You fuck up too bad and you will hear your joints grinding, you will struggle to sleep, and you may even hear ringing in your ears.

• +1
Just like most other users said, stay away from jaw exercises. High risk of TMJ

Also: just do neck exercises to build up lower third. Chewing mastic gum is okay too for 1-2 hours daily max I'd say

• +1
Just like most other users said, stay away from jaw exercises. High risk of TMJ

Also: just do neck exercises to build up lower third. Chewing mastic gum is okay too for 1-2 hours daily max I'd say

• +1
Jawline exercises are a cope lol

It’s all about bone structure. If you’re at already sub 20% BF, and your bones suck, it’s over.

• +1
Got tmj in right side of my jaw from obsessing about jaw exercises now it constantly clicks and is in constant pain its fucking horrible jaw looks worse to, the bone seems to have gotten thicker and smaller its fucking horrible made my face asymmetrical aswell the muscles pulled my face in didnt do anything beneficial.

• +1
Got tmj in right side of my jaw from obsessing about jaw exercises now it constantly clicks and is in constant pain its fucking horrible jaw looks worse to, the bone seems to have gotten thicker and smaller its fucking horrible made my face asymmetrical aswell the muscles pulled my face in didnt do anything beneficial.
Sorry dude. Jaw exercises are a meme.
@fellofix

• +1
Jawline exercises are a cope lol

It’s all about bone structure. If you’re at already sub 20% BF, and your bones suck, it’s over.
This, this, this. The only thing you can do that will actually show is mewing and that will have a minimal effect if your facial bones have stopped growing.

• +1
Working your jaw muscles can help getting a more defined jawline but be careful to not fuck up your jaw. Don't over-do it.

• +1
Do it gradually. I did this before and looked a lot better but once I stopped it disappeared over time so I'm working back up to it now.

You need to observe your jaw from chin to mandible and determine if bulking up the masseters would improve your contouring and appearance of jaw shape or not. For me I look way better resting but if I clench or chew something tough I got a bulging masseter.

The difference between training it and naturally developing it is your exerting a lot more force over a short time when training it vs. just developing it over years of chewing regular gum and eating tough foods. The latter is more gradual so the jaw adapts to it better. This is why you have to avoid over training or else you get TMJ.

• +1