Do you ever ask for a manager/supervisor?

Ordinary employee isn't helping you


  • Total voters
    2
Mecha-Man

Mecha-Man

Iron
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Posts
84
Reputation
74
Title.

Personally for me, it doesn't naturally cross my mind "Hey, this worker can't help me; therefore I need to contact a higher up for a manual override, or more competency."

I just assume if the policy won't help me, I won't get a manual override, or if the worker is too incompetent then the manager will be marginally more competent at best.

My mom frequently asks for the manager/supervisor. I never do it. I think it's a thing for women and f@gg0tz.
 
If its shit like I want a refund or to return something then yea i call for a manager as they are the ones that are handling said transactions (I worked as a manager before going into college)
 
If its shit like I want a refund or to return something then yea i call for a manager as they are the ones that are handling said transactions (I worked as a manager before going into college)
Why would you need a manager for that? Workers aren't trained to handle refund requests? You tell them what to look for to determine whether or not the customer is eligible for a refund.
 
Why would you need a manager for that? Workers aren't trained to handle refund requests? You tell them what to look for to determine whether or not the customer is eligible for a refund.
When it comes to cash refunds, lowering prices due to being out of date or etc although cashiers can handle basic transactions they arent authorized to give out refunds, lowering prices due to damaged product or etc because you normally need a manager's/cashier supervisor's card to authorize such action on the till so its just simpler to ask for a manager so you can get it quick and done
 
When it comes to cash refunds, lowering prices due to being out of date or etc although cashiers can handle basic transactions they arent authorized to give out refunds, lowering prices due to damaged product or etc because you normally need a manager's/cashier supervisor's card to authorize such action on the till so its just simpler to ask for a manager so you can get it quick and done
You manually request for a reduced price? Remind me never to go shopping with you. I'm not lowering my aura points for 20% off trying to buy a coffee maker with a dented box.

Istockphoto 533716912 612x612
 
You manually request for a reduced price? Remind me never to go shopping with you. I'm not lowering my aura points for 20% off trying to buy a coffee maker with a dented box.

View attachment 5710554
ive personally never done it but its normally policy for grocery stores to give bit of a reduced price if it is out of date or damaged slightly, I used to mark down products preemptively to sell them off when they were damaged or on the day of expiry just so that we don't have to throw it away or waste it
 
ive personally never done it but its normally policy for grocery stores to give bit of a reduced price if it is out of date or damaged slightly, I used to mark down products preemptively to sell them off when they were damaged or on the day of expiry just so that we don't have to throw it away or waste it
Exactly you wait for the clearance sticker. You never request for the price reduction manually. You did it yourself as a worker (putting the sticker on) cuz you yourself know customers aren't supposed to ask for discounts like bums - the sticker is either there or it isn't.
 

Similar threads

Notcel
Replies
7
Views
39
markored
markored
B
Replies
23
Views
97
whiskers52
whiskers52
ethnicwarrior
Replies
5
Views
37
ethnicwarrior
ethnicwarrior
Idontknowlol
Replies
9
Views
54
SupressedLowLife
SupressedLowLife
itsover74
Replies
2
Views
48
itsover74
itsover74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top