Do you find dog meat disgusting? [Poll] (regardless if you ate it or not)

Do you find dog meat disgusting?

• Yes (write reason and why it's different than cow meat)

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
Not the doggerinos. :feelswah:

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: justalooksmaxer, Trilogy, Deleted member 23558 and 7 others
  • +1
Reactions: justalooksmaxer, 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 17872 and 1 other person
It's fucked up to eat dog meat. But I won't judge people for eating whatever they want.
Even though most religions don't allow it, why is it any different than sheep?

Even though most religions don't allow it, why is it any different than sheep?
Dogs are generally considered to be unclean so people don't even think about eating it. But there's a reason for which animals are allowed to be eaten and which aren't according to Islamic law. Right now, I can't think of the reason but if you were to do a google search, you'd find the answer.

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 17872, lightskinbengali and 3 others
Cultural reasons, idk if it's actually better or worse than beef.

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
Carnivores meat are filled with parasites

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Roquefort, Deleted member 17872 and 2 others
it looks gamey

They eat dogs in Asia, you can walk there on a street and find street vendors barbecuing dogs...

• Ugh..
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, Deleted member 13787, 5'7 zoomer and 3 others
Yes because they trust us, too domesticated to be used as food, it's like eating a child.

They eat dogs in Asia, you can walk there on a street and find street vendors barbecuing dogs...

it looks disgusting ngl

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and DrKlinefelterPhdMd
it looks disgusting ngl
When it's on a plate, it looks like any other meat, you probably even ate dog but don't even know it, if you ever ate from a sketchy street food vendor.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: DrKlinefelterPhdMd and juste
@Cheesyrumble @Kinh @Bonesbonesbonesbone @jojoyou @ChinkboytakeurBAE @Qazqa

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, DrKlinefelterPhdMd and Qazqa
When it's on a plate, it looks like any other meat, you probably even ate dog but don't even know it, if you ever ate from a sketchy street food vendor.
its common saying in greece
about souvlaki...

tho i hope i didnt because
1 i feel dogs dont worth this
and 2 they are dirty

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
We on top of the food chain

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, john2, mogger123 and 1 other person
Not at all, meat is meat. The only problem is that of the dog was fed toxic food (specialized dog food from supermarket or same things humans eat) it will taste bad and won't be good for you. But a wild dog that only ate raw meat from wild prey would taste great.

• +1
Not at all, meat is meat. The only problem is that of the dog was fed toxic food (specialized dog food from supermarket or same things humans eat) it will taste bad and won't be good for you. But a wild dog that only ate raw meat from wild prey would taste great.
Well maybe that's the problem, maybe only animals who eat grass and corn are suitable for consumption and taste good

Outside of necessity it's fucking evil to kill and eat a dog, they're literal carnivores and they've been with humans, helping them survive, for thousands of years, even romans had a soft side for dogs. Not to mention the fact that they are pretty intelligent, something went wrong in the east asian genome to make them so naturally sociopathic.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: DrKlinefelterPhdMd, Deleted member 17872 and .*my*.
It's fucked up to eat dog meat. But I won't judge people for eating whatever they want.
It's subhuman behavior whoever does it should be ostracized for good reason.

• +1
Reactions: DrKlinefelterPhdMd and .*my*.
Eating a carnivor's meat is a bad Idea. Applies to fishes aswell. Bluefin tuna is considered a delicacy but it's an apex predator that eats other fishes so it's high in mercury content and it's generally bad idea to consume it in excess.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: DrKlinefelterPhdMd, Deleted member 17872 and .*my*.
on principle it's no more fucked up than eating cow or pig meat, they are just as smart/sentient as dogs and have the same capacity for suffering

but most people have experience with dogs as pets so will never see it that way

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile, .*my*. and Gonthar
Yes since god forbade eating the meat of carnivore except for a few

The dog consist mostly of hard muscles sort of like eating a horse so why would you favor a dog to a cow or a sheep

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali and .*my*.
tho i hope i didnt because
1 i feel dogs dont worth this
and 2 they are dirty
Dogs are dirty?:unsure:
What about cows, pigs, chickens, etc.?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Less dirty. I have animals and the worst smelling are dogs
Just wash them, skin them, chop them, kill them and you can then cook them without a problem and smells.

• JFL
  • +1
Just wash them, skin them, chop them, kill them and you can then cook them without a problem and smells.
The fact that they smell worse is a red flag

• Hmm...
Eating a carnivor's meat is a bad Idea. Applies to fishes aswell. Bluefin tuna is considered a delicacy but it's an apex predator that eats other fishes so it's high in mercury content and it's generally bad idea to consume it in excess.
Bluefin tuna (BFT), highly prized among consumers, accumulate high levels of mercury (Hg) as neurotoxic methylmercury (MeHg).

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17872 and .*my*.
dog meat reeks badly and not in the iron-y way that cows do, doesn't taste particularly bad though.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Carnivores meat are filled with parasites
It seems you are right
The overall prevalence of gastrointestinal parasite in dogs, cats, foxes, and jackals was 57.89%, 90.62%, 89.17%, and 97.32%, respectively

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5813513/

Our findings support the existence of a novel coevolutionary relation between carnivores and their parasites, and suggest that carnivore and herbivore carcasses play very different roles in food webs and ecosystems.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28609555/

For a carnivorous animal, such as a fox or a marten, eating carrion from another carnivore, especially of the same species, increases the probability of contracting pathogens that could endanger its life. Prions such as the virulent kuru, which, in the 1950s, ended the lives of many natives of Papua New Guinea who practiced cannibalism rituals, are examples of such pathogens.

It seems you are right

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5813513/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28609555/

Don't parasites die when you cook the meat?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17872
Almost gave the wrong answer thinking you were talking about tins of dog food (maybe the cost of living crisis in the UK is that bad now?)

Don't parasites die when you cook the meat?
I don't think we can completely. Otherwise rotten meat can be cooked.

First not all parasites and bacterias can ke killed with cooking
Secondly, the parasites may be killed but the toxins that are already released will remain.

• +1
I don't think we can completely. Otherwise rotten meat can be cooked.

First not all parasites and bacterias can ke killed with cooking
Secondly, the parasites may be killed but the toxins that are already released will remain.
We don't cook rotten meat because it tastes bad, not because of parasites

We don't cook rotten meat because it tastes bad, not because of parasites

Cooking at very high temperatures will kill bacteria and other microbes responsible for food poisoning. However, many microbes produce spores and toxins which are heat resistant. These spores and toxins can make you very sick. Because you can’t know which microbes are on the spoiled food, it is not safe to eat spoiled food even if it has been cooked. On top of that, spoiled food will still taste disgusting after being cooked.

• +1
If no member of its species is able to communicate with me using language and tell me they don't want to be eaten then it's free game

Last edited:
  • JFL
Yes. I find all meat disgusting.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Crusile and Deleted member 17872
Yes. I find all meat disgusting.
Mammal meat is the most disgusting thing ever but why fish / chicken. Fish seem low iq and I would even kill them myself
Cute animals shouldnt be killed but I would eat a mammal eater's dog because they massacre many cows/pigs
-never kill mammals
-ugly birds like turkey/chicken are fine to kill
-fish and insects are fine
human(all races)>kittens>dogs>pig>lamb>cow>pig>other big mammals>rabbit>goose>duck>>>>>>turkey>chicken>>>fish>bees>insects>>crustaceans>most carnivores

Last edited:
개고기

The stigma against dog meat is merely speciesism. Pigs are more intelligent/sentient than dogs are, yet they are farmed and eaten en masse in the West.

I find it disgusting because I have a strong emotional attachment to dogs and I feel horrible eating dog meat (never did it).

If I had a pet cow I’d likely feel the same.

• +1