Does anyone else think that looksmaxxing is overrated?

D

Deleted member 51536

Iron
Don’t get me wrong there are proven methods to subtly improve your overall appearance, but none of these changes come even remotely close to the difference that genetics/good habits in early childhood can make.

The only legitimate looksmaxxing strategies that I can think of are mewing/surgery/gymmaxxing (I would’ve added chewing too if it weren’t for TMJ), but generally speaking you have very little control over your appearance.

But even mewing though, last time I checked there was very little evidence that it worked after the age of 16.

So if you’re over the age of 16-18ish, your only real chances of ascending are through surgery or obtaining an excellent physique. Unless you want to invest your time into learning how to mew correctly, but even then the results probably won’t be significant (basing this on the evidence available).

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nigkook, Tai Lung, dantemaxxing and 2 others
water

• +1
Reactions: nigkook, socialcel and future_mogger
yes. just moneymax bro. im being serious

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 51465
it's not but you need a holistic approach to it which in many cases is combined softmaxxing + hardmaxxing if you expect to see an actual difference in life quality

and of course disregard bullshit like mewing and bonesmashing from the get go

Gym is overrated. Once you get to brad Pitt physique in fight club

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kristin, Germania and soover4me

• JFL
Reactions: Tai Lung and soover4me
Some softmaxes like skincare can make a huge difference too.
Also if you chew correctly you won't get TMJ, at least you shouldn't

I think the general consensus of soft + hard looksmaxxing improving 2psl (on average) is realistic and has huge impact on life quality. Some people have unrealistic expectations though.

Chads are born not made.

84E23C9F EBD3 464F 82DB BA0629E30E9C

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kristin
Looksmaxing is 100% worth it, it’s just that most of it is cope. Surgery is the true way to looksmax.

• +1
Chads are born not made.

View attachment 2674803
Depends. I ascended from LTN to chadlite+ with a sliding genioplasty and jaw angle implants at 19. This is mainly because most of my features where good (eyes, zygos, etc) but my lower third descended me. Once I fixed that major flaw, It changed my life.

• Woah
Looksmaxing is 100% worth it, it’s just that most of it is cope. Surgery is the true way to looksmax.
i mean even so OP is correct to some degree

I've seen normies who mog me have a hard time getting laid when I'm out in public, and I mean I would look like them once I get my surgeries.

It's so brutal to think about. For some people there's just no saving us.

i mean even so OP is correct to some degree

I've seen normies who mog me have a hard time getting laid when I'm out in public, and I mean I would look like them once I get my surgeries.

It's so brutal to think about. For some people there's just no saving us.
Yea I feel like the people with the most surgery potential are people like me with one major fixable flaw that holds back the rest of their face.

Some people will be subhuman regardless, but I’d say surgery would ascend most people here.

• +1
mmm nah u can def ascend jst by being niche nd doing every softmax possible ofc u wont have chad face but u can increase ur smv significantly

enough to prob get ltb gf

Most of it is water, and it's more of a failo than able to be a halo (e.g. having acne vs having clear skin like most people)

The only thing that isn't water softmaxxing (hair, skin, don't be fat) is surgery, which theoretically has the potential to ascend a lot. Although lots of surgery results are underwhelming

• +1
Reactions: zura
I was with you until you said mewing, then I stopped reading.