Does anyone have experience with facial fat COMING BACK after stopping Retin-A use?

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
I've been using Retin-A on face one and off for eight months now, on face up to cheekbones, and forehead.

Undereye area is noticeably more hollowed out now, and UEE is more present (despite not appyling Tretinoin under eyes).

I'm stopping Tret use, in hopes volume might come back.

Theories on the subject go, that,

either fat is loss, due to undocumented lipolysis properties of topical Tretinoin (NOT oral Vitamin A derivatives, retinic acid, or palmitate, etc,...),

or the volume loss is due to the epidermis thinning properties of Tretinoin, before deeper skin layers get thicker.

Has anyone here ever recovered from tretinoin-induced volume loss?

Thanks.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: mug, Schizoidcel, Deleted member 6695 and 4 others
@streege Can you help me with your stellar knowledge on the matter bro?

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
I've been using Retin-A on face one and off for eight months now, on face up to cheekbones, and forehead.

Undereye area is noticeably more hollowed out now, and UEE is more present (despite not appyling Tretinoin under eyes).

either fat is loss, due to undocumented lipolysis properties of topical Tretinoin (NOT oral Vitamin A derivatives, retinic acid, or palmitate, etc,...),

or the volume loss is due to the epidermis thinning properties of Tretinoin, before deeper skin layers get thicker.

Thanks.
Are you sure that it‘s not due to the aging process?

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
@eduardkoopman Any update on your situation and experience with growing fat back in the area?

Are you sure that it‘s not due to the aging process?
Quite coincidental, that the area might have aged five years in eight months, which is the same exact period when I started using Tretinoin 0.05% EOD.

Quite coincidental, that the area might have aged five years in eight months, which is the same exact period when I started using Tretinoin 0.05% EOD.
Do you have before and after pics?

and how old are you?

Before pic is avi (October 2019), maybe I can find a better one, but I rarely take close-up eye-area pic, like an autistic retard.

I'm trying to get a good pic done right now in natural light.

I'm in the bus rn, so result's not gonna be a work of art.

I'm 25, going on 28 basically.
FB IMG 1606512516529

Last edited:
Before pic is avi (October 2019), maybe I can find a better one, but I rarely take close-up eye-area pic, like an autistic retard.

I'm trying to get a good pic done right now in natural light.

I'm in the bus rn, so result's not gonna be a work of art.

I'm 25 atm, going on 28.

FB IMG 1606512516529

this is cope you didnt loose fat from tret

• +1
Reactions: Mexicanboi
im 99% sure u are wrong regarding your fat

• +1
Reactions: Mexicanboi, Be_ConfidentBro and Soalian

Thanks.
1. NO
2. WHY WOULD U STOP RETINA

• JFL
Reactions: HeavenAdmιn
no pics no care

• +1
@eduardkoopman Any update on your situation and experience with growing fat back in the area?
I tried 2 things. And can report the following.
1. I first stopped using Retin-A. and that helped some.
2. I soon thereafter read about the subject matter of adiopicites/fatcells and how they can potentially be plumped up by using certain oils/(amino) acids in skin.

I regained all the fat amount I had there, as it was always.
Now the question was/is. Was it due to stopping retinA or the oils. I am at the moment for some shorter time using retinA again,while still continuing suing the oils. Because I need the collagen badly as well, so need rentinA also.
I can't report on that coclsinevely yet. need totest out for longer,

• +1
Reactions: jackieboy21, Schizoidcel and Soalian
2. I soon thereafter read about the subject matter of adiopicites/fatcells and how they can potentially be plumped up by using certain oils/(amino) acids in skin.

Now the question was/is. Was it due to stopping retinA or the oils. I am at the moment for some shorter time using retinA again,while still continuing suing the oils. Because I need the collagen badly as well, so need rentinA also.
Are you concurrently using other methods to increase/keep good collagen, aside from the Tretinoin?

Are you concurrently using other methods to increase/keep good collagen, aside from the Tretinoin?
dermapen (needling), sunblock, some serums, red light therapy (should do more).

It also hollowed my cheeks. It's why I stopped

What oil did you use ?
Do they all have bad properties ?

What oil did you use ?
home made mix of Flaxseedoil and sunflower oil 50/50.

I odered another type of oil mix online. But Customs took it under them for months, these bastards. recieved it today finally. Can't report on that oil mix yet.
Do they all have bad properties ?
no idea what you ask. Is't super shiny, that's all. so i can only use for night. And need to wash face thoroughly next day, so to not walk around with a face that is shiny like a bowling ball.

home made mix of Flaxseedoil and sunflower oil 50/50.

I odered another type of oil mix online. But Customs took it under them for months, these bastards. recieved it today finally. Can't report on that oil mix yet.

no idea what you ask. Is't super shiny, that's all. so i can only use for night. And need to wash face thoroughly next day, so to not walk around with a face that is shiny like a bowling ball.
If you were to use the oils and apply retinA do you reckon this would negate the fat loss effects or is that what your trying to find out

If you were to use the oils and apply retinA do you reckon this would negate the fat loss effects or is that what your trying to find out
I at the moment restarted using retinA. And oils. Both. First I put on the retinA a evening and le it sink in a bit. And after that apply the oils.
I have to see longer term. But so far it seems to work good.

• +1
Reactions: Soalian and jackieboy21
I at the moment restarted using retinA. And oils. Both. First I put on the retinA a evening and le it sink in a bit. And after that apply the oils.
I might have to try this because i want to obviously prevent fat from melting like most people, cheers for the help, you should deffo make a thread if you can prove its effectiveness

Could you potentially pm me what oils you use or how to make them, thanks

I'm in a similar situation: the ideal would be to be able to replicate most beneficial effects that Tretinoin use exerts on collagen and skin thickness (and thus, less apparent dark circles) when applied in the undereye area, but without the adipogenesis-inhibiting of Retinoic acid,

because undereye volume (fat) versus less visible dark circles (thicker skin, and more collagen) is becoming such a hassle of a trade-off for me tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
Could you potentially pm me what oils you use or how to make them, thanks
i at the moment, mixed simple 2 oild from supermarket. pure ones. Flaxseed oil and Sunflower oil. But I doubt it's ideal.
recently I bought this one. seems to work decent as well. oils are cheap. https://www.action.com/nl-nl/p/huidverzorgingsolie-/

But I finaly gotthe oild I was looking for from China. But I need to test it out.

• +1
So you finally got your sheep placenta serum in the mail after all?
Yeah. finally. Bastards at customs.
I need to research better.
But it was kinda hyped. That the oil of sheep placenta serum; has near perfect amino acids mix; that gets easiest absorbed by the adioposites/fatcells. because it matches well all the type of amino acids in fat cells, and maxx ll of the different types of amino acids in fatcells.
I need to read up, on hw and when to apply it. and stuff. now.

• +1
Yeah. finally. Bastards at customs.
I need to research better.
But it was kinda hyped. That the oil of sheep placenta serum; has near perfect amino acids mix; that gets easiest absorbed by the adioposites/fatcells. because it matches well all the type of amino acids in fat cells, and maxx ll of the different types of amino acids in fatcells.
I need to read up, on hw and when to apply it. and stuff. now.
Just pour the whole content of bottle on face.

Your skin will then be as soft and plump as a Newborn's ass cheeks.

My face looks way better even a few weeks after quitting tret/retinol, IDK I might be allergic or something but my skin looked shit for many months while on it (may be fat/bone related) and it never got better. Yes, I moisturized and wore sunscreen while on it, nothing helped. My acne was kinda better but my skin quality overall was worse so it wasn't worth it. Gave me indented scars, permanently dry eyes, and lines connecting the pores on my forehead (rip, i hope that heals cause it makes me look older) as well.

Last edited:
  • +1
My face looks way better even a few weeks after quitting tret/retinol, IDK I might be allergic or something but my skin looked shit for many months while on it (may be fat/bone related) and it never got better. Yes, I moisturized and wore sunscreen while on it, nothing helped. My acne was kinda better but my skin quality overall was worse so it wasn't worth it. Gave me indented scars, permanently dry eyes, and lines connecting the pores on my forehead (rip) as well.
I sympathize, I think I developed dry eyes from it as well;

what are your symptoms for dry eyes?

Mine don't sting, or feel irritated, but they tend to look more watery than usual now.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
My face looks way better even a few weeks after quitting tret/retinol, IDK I might be allergic or something but my skin looked shit for many months while on it (may be fat/bone related) and it never got better. Yes, I moisturized and wore sunscreen while on it, nothing helped. My acne was kinda better but my skin quality overall was worse so it wasn't worth it. Gave me indented scars, permanently dry eyes, and lines connecting the pores on my forehead (rip, i hope that heals cause it makes me look older) as well.
How often did you use it tho?