Does anyone have the study that shows chewing causes CCW of maxilla

D

Deleted member 17829

Kraken
I had it before

need to check it

it said building masseter muscles helps with ccw

but idk if it meant chewing with front teeth or back teeth

cos chewing with front teeth/biting down hard on gum shield supposedly causes ccw too. so i need to know if i need to do both

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, thereallegend and datboijj
The study literally says the opposite no?
>As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards. The decrease in LAFH/TAFH and increase in LPFH/TPFH as the size of the masseter muscle increases may be influenced not only by the inclination of the mandibular plane but also by the clockwise rotation of the maxilla.
Anterior maxilla goes down. Posterior maxilla goes up. Leading to CW rotation

• +1
Reactions: breadpill and Deleted member 16371
The study literally says the opposite no?
>As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards. The decrease in LAFH/TAFH and increase in LPFH/TPFH as the size of the masseter muscle increases may be influenced not only by the inclination of the mandibular plane but also by the clockwise rotation of the maxilla.
Anterior maxilla goes down. Posterior maxilla goes up. Leading to CW rotation
u joking? suifuel

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
I think it would lead to an illusion of CCW rotation cos your jaw would look wider and therefore your whole face is proportionally more square

• +1
Reactions: ungewist