Does caretnoids consumed in high doses cancel eachother out?

EverythingMattersCel

EverythingMattersCel

that bitch
I seem to have read somewhere on this forum that using Beta Carotene, Astaxanthin and Lycopene at the same time would reduce their efficacy. Can anyone confirm this? Can't seem to find any study or anything on the internet... but I have seen a few forum posters claiming so.

Also, what is more effective supplement form or from diet? I have been eating 300g of carrots a day which has had a noticeable effect but would an oral supplement be more effective?

whenever you overintake a vitamin or a amino acid in your diet (no matter if it's from food or supplements), this nutrient ends up dumped in your urine

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod, Earn__Greatness and SadnessWYJ
whenever you overintake a vitamin or a amino acid in your diet (no matter if it's from food or supplements), this nutrient ends up dumped in your urine

View attachment 800772

Yh the levels of beta carotene your body retains is all down to genetics so some people get a much better glow than others.

Found this post. Is this legit? Does anyone have any idea what the halflife is for lycopene, beta carotene and astaxanthin? Is eating a big dose of lycopene in the morning and a big dose of beta carotene in the evening okay? No cancelling eachother out?

View attachment 801094

Found this post. Is this legit? Does anyone have any idea what the halflife is for lycopene, beta carotene and astaxanthin? Is eating a big dose of lycopene in the morning and a big dose of beta carotene in the evening okay? No cancelling eachother out?
Yeah but it’s complicated relationship
like I can source beta cartone boosting the absorption of lycopene in certain doses and forms
but in general yeah taking different carotenoids at the same time will lower their absorption

Yeah but it’s complicated relationship
like I can source beta cartone boosting the absorption of lycopene in certain doses and forms
but in general yeah taking different carotenoids at the same time will lower their absorption

Can you link study for it? Also, what timeframe would you suggest spacing the beta carotene and lycopene? For example, would a 10hr gap be suffice between lycopene and beta carotene so as to not affect absorption of the latter?

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Can you link study for it? Also, what timeframe would you suggest spacing the beta carotene and lycopene? For example, would a 10hr gap be suffice between lycopene and beta carotene so as to not affect absorption of the latter?

Like honestly I am not sure abt how long to wait or whatever, there aren’t enough studies that apply.

Going by this you would be okay to take them at the same time but it’s one n=10 study that hasn’t been replicated afaik so don’t take it as gospel really

btw taking anything more than 10mg of lycopene at one time is pointless

but personally I take 15mg BC and 10mg lycopene twice a day

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel

Like honestly I am not sure abt how long to wait or whatever, there aren’t enough studies that apply.

Going by this you would be okay to take them at the same time but it’s one n=10 study that hasn’t been replicated afaik so don’t take it as gospel really

btw taking anything more than 10mg of lycopene at one time is pointless

but personally I take 15mg BC and 10mg lycopene twice a day

Thanks. Yes, I'm going to target about 10mg of lycopene from tomato puree mixed with mince for my daily lunch. Have you seen any results from supplementing lycopene? Have you noticed any dark reddish undertones or other hues from it? One more question... how long you been taking bc and lycopene for?

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Thanks. Yes, I'm going to target about 10mg of lycopene from tomato puree mixed with mince for my daily lunch. Have you seen any results from supplementing lycopene? Have you noticed any dark reddish undertones or other hues from it? One more question... how long you been taking bc and lycopene for?
Yeah I have seen slight increase in red undertones, I’ll try to get some good comparison pics later

I have been taking for just under 2 months now and going from my experience with BC you will start seeing results at the 2 month mark and final results at 3-3.5 or so months

I’ve been taking beta carotene for longer since like april I think and results from that are good yeah

One of the things that they mention in this korean study is that the redness increase in lycopene is less than the yellowness from beta carotene but still significant so keep that in mind.

• Love it
Reactions: far336 and EverythingMattersCel