Does chin-"pulling" work to improve chin protrusion/move the jaw forward?

ThatsWhatsUp

ThatsWhatsUp

Iron
Namely, by using the thumbs underneath the jaw by fixating them and then pushing up and forward?

Didn't manage to find any posts by Googling "chin pulling".

If not increase the size, should this fix at least a recessed chin by pushing it upwards (image below)?

Untitled

I would say chin position is mainly defined by teeth alignment. You have to fix that to move the chin forward.

There doesn't seem to be much to do non surgically about a weak chin

• +1
Reactions: ThatsWhatsUp
Absolutely not

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian and ThatsWhatsUp
I would say chin position is mainly defined by teeth alignment. You have to fix that to move the chin forward.

There doesn't seem to be much to do non surgically about a weak chin
interesting. talking about teeth, i was suggested lower premolar teeth removal to advance lower jaw forward increasing chin. thoughts? seems like it will look like overbite
Absolutely not
fair enough

interesting. talking about teeth, i was suggested lower premolar teeth removal to advance lower jaw forward increasing chin. thoughts? seems like it will look like overbite

fair enough
I have not idea about it specifically.
I would though advise against teeth removal, as it's more likely to fuck up your Jaws even more.

I'd rather get a surgery or try widening the palate first (in particular if that's narrow)

• +1
Maxilla

Just look at how the chin moves relative to the maxilla position. Mandible can stay a bit behind yeah but that can be fixed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and ThatsWhatsUp
I have not idea about it specifically.
I would though advise against teeth removal, as it's more likely to fuck up your Jaws even more.

I'd rather get a surgery or try widening the palate first (in particular if that's narrow)
true word. exactly my thoughts. when i mentioned that i heard teeth removal (wisdow) fucks up jaw the doctor said NO. cant even trust a fucking doctor and need to look for opinions online first. on top of that some of them try to charge for bullshit consultations and it aint cheap. personal thing which hurts is living not in the most advanced country

edit

View attachment 168883

Just look at how the chin moves relative to the maxilla position. Mandible can stay a bit behind yeah but that can be fixed.

fuck my forehead is also slopped but at least lower not that recessed. shit so many bones also affected like those ones:

Maxilla

at least i guess all can be fixed since they seem flexible?

Last edited:
View attachment 168883

Doesn't mouthbreathing elongate the entire maxilla? Including the back part?

• +1
genetics

• +1