does creatine accelerate or cause hair loss?

B

bdycope

Bronze
There is a study that suggests that taking creatine increases DHT production and T to HT ratio

Not sure if it‘s factual, since some factors where not considered in the study and it only includes 25 subjects.

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: ripikke
Not enough evidence

• +1
Reactions: ripikke
if creatine makes you lose your hair, you were already going to lose your hair

• +1
Reactions: Aero, ripikke, Beastchodecode and 5 others
yes but it speeds up the hairloss. most males sooner or later get hairloss, how many grandpas you see with nw0 or nw1 even

yes but it speeds up the hairloss. most males sooner or later get hairloss, how many grandpas you see with nw0 or nw1 even

You can’t entirely blame creatine for this, our grandparents were raised before our degenerate society began feeding us poison or pumping it into the water or atmosphere.

If you’re family is super prone to hair loss, you are likely going to lose your hair. For most people, however, creatine is safe and effective.

Yes don't take it or go to gym cause increased muscle mass increased t which increases dht which also causes hair loss.

IIf you're balding it's better to be a skinny bitch

If you’re family is super prone to hair loss, you are likely going to lose your hair. For most people, however, creatine is safe and effective.
I have Nw0 and thick hair but I‘m also only 20. part of my family is bald, but my father still has a full head of hair at 60. He had similar hair as I when he was young.
Do you think it should be safe?

Apparently if you're prone to HL creatine accelerates it.

I have Nw0 and thick hair but I‘m also only 20. part of my family is bald, but my father still has a full head of hair at 60. He had similar hair as I when he was young.
Do you think it should be safe?
I apologize for the long reply.

Did both of your grandfathers have full heads of hair when they were 40+? Your father’s lack of hair loss is caused by his grandfathers’ (your great-grandfathers) genetics.

I’m not an expert, but from what you described (your hair thickness and your father’s strong defense against hair loss at his age), you should be fine. Creatine likely affects the most prone-to-hair-loss men, and you’re likely average, so you should be fine.

Even if you somehow have the worst hair genetics on earth, you can always get a hair transplant, etc. Creatine is worth it for both the muscle growth and nootropic boost it gives you.

gl bro

• +1
Reactions: bdycope
Creatine does increase DHT by a noticable margin but

it’s not DHT on itself which causes MBP

Did both of your grandfathers have full heads of hair when they were 40+?
unfortunately, my maternal grandfather passed away way in his twenties right after my grandmother got pregnant, so i dont have anyway to know how it wouldve been.
my paternal grandfather had a full had of hair until he was in his 60s.

Last edited:
unfortunately, my maternal grandfather passed away way in his twenties right after my grandmother got pregnant, so i dont have anyway to know how it wouldve been.
my paternal grandfather had a full had of hair until he was in his 60s.
You should be fine then bro. Gl

• Love it
Reactions: bdycope